BFTG , Hull.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG , Hull.

by Top Flight » 24 Sep 2018 02:36

Bill Oddie I thought it was booing, in fact I attempted a particularly loud cheer to try and drown out the morons around me. Felt embarrassed and ashamed to hear that, wasn't many but enough to be heard. It took the gloss off the win actually. This is a player who has played nearly 300 games for us and is almost always available and manages to stay injury free. If you had Aluko playing in front of you wouldn't you rather play the ball sideways or backwards ? Yes he's currently lacking in confidence but is a good lad and should be backed to the hilt.

Agreed.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 24 Sep 2018 03:17

Snowball
maffff
Snowball Illori.
Ezi
[b]Ezi.
Lori
Ezi

How hard is it to spell Ilori?
I-L-O-R-I
Not Lori, not Illori. Do you intentionally do this? You seem the type to him Thiago as well. :roll: it's not hard to learn the players.

Also, get "Ezi" out of your spellcheck immediately. It's Ezatolahi.

Ilori was a typo and auto-correct.

As for Ezi, that's easy and I couldn't be arsed to stop typing to go look up his name.

But, for you. I will call him Ezi from now on.

What have you started maff.... im getting Elwood flashbacks ;)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Sep 2018 08:36

RG7Fan
Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1 Summary:
- What a relief to get a home win
- Yiadom again impressive, Can’t wait to see him in his natural position with Obita at LB
- Kelly and Bacuna both turned up, impressed with both
- Why didn’t Barrow start, our most dangerous player, something going on there?
- Sims 10x the player Aluko is
- New lad in the middle needs time in u23s to adapt, I don’t think he had a good game at all (despite others thinking he did), looked slow on the ball, poor passing, caught out a few times. Didn’t offer anymore than Meyler
- O’Shea made a big difference, calm and effective, definitely a blow him being banned now
- The booing of Gunter coming on was pathetic, very poor to see / hear
- Jon Dadi just keeps scoring goals, turning into a real fans favourite
- Bring on Brentford (a)

Hang on! People booed Gunter on? No wonder he didn't look happy to see a Reading shirt after the game. oxf*rd outrageous behaviour.

I don't rate the guy but he doesn't deserve booing, especially coming on as an emergency sub. He's never given less than total commitment to us.

Dont remember any booing when he came on

I heard booing but it was short and overshadowed quickly by cheering.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Sep 2018 08:49

Good win and a very good performance. Was very impressed with Ezatolahi until he understandably started to tire. Only been in the country since Monday and not had much first team football (bar with Iran) of late but looks to be exactly what we needed. PC intimated that there is a very good chance of him signing a permanent deal in Jan, if he develops as he looks like he can then that should be a done deal.

The changes can only have a positive effect going forward, sends out the message that no-one is droppable. Shame O'Shea got a red but was a real calming influence at the back and was great to see him talking players through things at all times.

His red card means Gunter likely to come back in (also shows a real lack of CB options if Ilori goes to RB) but this might not be a bad thing, Gunter has been dropped and seen how the team needs to perform, it might lead to him being more positive as if he isn't he'll be straight back on the bench.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Sep 2018 09:00

Watched on iFollow. Was very confused by the team selection and braced myself for another abject performance.
I liked the intensity and effort. The willing to run and track runs. We actually competed for 2nd balls. Bod did look isolated up top just before the red as Baldock dropped deeper - but we were still finding him.
Sims looked like a winger......shock horror that we found width and had options out wide.
Ilori, i enjoyed watching him at RB. I thought he did very well out there but needed the experience of O'shea in the middle to guide him through.
Lets not get carried away, Hull were woeful and lacked any real presence on the field. Our fitness needs to improve as quite a few players were blowing must of been a shock to their system all that running around. If we match the effort and intensity for the rest of the season, we should be OK. But this mythical corner we're still turning is ever present.
Do people see that line up as the potential platform to build the team around?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Sep 2018 09:11

Did think a lot of the difference was in the attitude. If we keep that attitude and the hard work of the front 4/5 we should be pretty comfortable (not any more than that)

We do seem to be scoring quite freely which I think is always encouraging. 8 between Bod and Baldock now which is a good start. There were plenty of times last season where you had no idea where a goal would or could come from. Don't think that is the case now

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 24 Sep 2018 09:46

Stranded Good win and a very good performance. Was very impressed with Ezatolahi until he understandably started to tire. Only been in the country since Monday and not had much first team football (bar with Iran) of late but looks to be exactly what we needed. PC intimated that there is a very good chance of him signing a permanent deal in Jan, if he develops as he looks like he can then that should be a done deal.

The changes can only have a positive effect going forward, sends out the message that no-one is droppable. Shame O'Shea got a red but was a real calming influence at the back and was great to see him talking players through things at all times.

His red card means Gunter likely to come back in (also shows a real lack of CB options if Ilori goes to RB) but this might not be a bad thing, Gunter has been dropped and seen how the team needs to perform, it might lead to him being more positive as if he isn't he'll be straight back on the bench.

Surely that should be undroppable? :P

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Sep 2018 12:32

Hound Wasn’t booing as such but there were definitely a few grumjbles

Tbh after that performance on Wednesday I don’t think a little reminder of how the fans perceived it is that a bad a thing really. I’m sure he did realise being dropped was deserved but maybe a little confirmation of that won’t hurt

Booing was very apparent on BBCRB. Although it wasn’t exactly a chorus. (Could have been a lone voice or 2, near the commentary position. Tim Dellor and Mick Gooding likely candidates, although they may have been talking at the time.)

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 24 Sep 2018 12:45

what was in O'shea's mouth , looked like a slice of bread???????? :?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 12:47

Thought the booing of Gunter was fine and justified as long as it only happens the once. No need to make it a long running thing, message has been sent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2018 17:58

Einstein agogo what was in O'shea's mouth , looked like a slice of bread???????? :?

Tissue from the wack to his nose when he got a yellow

I particularly enjoyed 'He's got tissue up his nose' and 'The Championship is upside down' in the South Stand.

I refuse to let myself start hoping until we string a few more results together.

Meyler looked good against Derby, so who knows how Ezatohali will do. And Hull did nothingto pressure us. We've always been ok when left to play in space without a packed defence to beat. I could easily see us try to play the same against Brentford and look abject as they squeeze us and attack competently.

It was bloody niceto win though and I fully intend to enjoy anymore like it without getting my hopes up.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 24 Sep 2018 19:19

Top Flight
Bill Oddie I thought it was booing, in fact I attempted a particularly loud cheer to try and drown out the morons around me. Felt embarrassed and ashamed to hear that, wasn't many but enough to be heard. It took the gloss off the win actually. This is a player who has played nearly 300 games for us and is almost always available and manages to stay injury free. If you had Aluko playing in front of you wouldn't you rather play the ball sideways or backwards ? Yes he's currently lacking in confidence but is a good lad and should be backed to the hilt.

Agreed.

I agree

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Sep 2018 19:34

Royal Rother
Hound Wasn’t booing as such but there were definitely a few grumjbles

Tbh after that performance on Wednesday I don’t think a little reminder of how the fans perceived it is that a bad a thing really. I’m sure he did realise being dropped was deserved but maybe a little confirmation of that won’t hurt

Booing was very apparent on BBCRB. Although it wasn’t exactly a chorus. (Could have been a lone voice or 2, near the commentary position. Tim Dellor and Mick Gooding likely candidates, although they may have been talking at the time.)

PRObably BBCRB playing prerecorded booing. From the North Stand I heard No booing at all.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Sep 2018 21:56

Coppells Lost Coat Do people see that line up as the potential platform to build the team around?

Formation wise, yes. Though still going to be tough times ahead.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Sep 2018 23:21

Mike Hunt
Snowball
maffff
How hard is it to spell Ilori?
I-L-O-R-I
Not Lori, not Illori. Do you intentionally do this? You seem the type to him Thiago as well. :roll: it's not hard to learn the players.

Also, get "Ezi" out of your spellcheck immediately. It's Ezatolahi.

Ilori was a typo and auto-correct.

As for Ezi, that's easy and I couldn't be arsed to stop typing to go look up his name.

But, for you. I will call him Ezi from now on.

What have you started maff.... im getting Elwood flashbacks ;)
well, technically it wasn't me started it.... :lol: :roll:

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Sep 2018 07:00

72 bus
Pepe the Horseman Yup. Massive kudos to PC, especially dropping the undroppable Gunter. Ilori at FB looked pretty promising. Ezatolahi is probably the best player I've ever seen live.

Steady on mate, he was "promising" for 30 mins, lets not get too carried away.

Better then Glenn Little?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Sep 2018 07:02

Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1 Summary:
- What a relief to get a home win
- Yiadom again impressive, Can’t wait to see him in his natural position with Obita at LB
- Kelly and Bacuna both turned up, impressed with both
- Why didn’t Barrow start, our most dangerous player, something going on there?
- Sims 10x the player Aluko is
- New lad in the middle needs time in u23s to adapt, I don’t think he had a good game at all (despite others thinking he did), looked slow on the ball, poor passing, caught out a few times. Didn’t offer anymore than Meyler
- O’Shea made a big difference, calm and effective, definitely a blow him being banned now
- The booing of Gunter coming on was pathetic, very poor to see / hear
- Jon Dadi just keeps scoring goals, turning into a real fans favourite
- Bring on Brentford (a)

Hang on! People booed Gunter on? No wonder he didn't look happy to see a Reading shirt after the game. oxf*rd outrageous behaviour.

I don't rate the guy but he doesn't deserve booing, especially coming on as an emergency sub. He's never given less than total commitment to us.

That is disgusting tbf to boo him. He has been a club stalwart for us over the past few seasons.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Sep 2018 07:03

Snowflake Royal A big difference yesterday was Sims vs Aluko.

Sims stayed wide, isolating his marker and always looked to get down the line and beyond him.

By contrast Aluko drifts infield and deeper, does slow multi-touch turns inside and wanders into traffic in the congested middle. This also means he's often awol when needed to help his fullback.

What we've seen recently is what you get with ill-disciplined players who don't play as a team. What we saw yesterday is what you get with players who play to a plan that compliments the whole, even if they may in some cases be less good as far as individual talent goes.

Definately agree with this. Sims looks such a better player for us then Aluko ever did.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Sep 2018 07:04

Old Man Andrews Thought the booing of Gunter was fine and justified as long as it only happens the once. No need to make it a long running thing, message has been sent.

Thought that is what twitter is for?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Sep 2018 07:07

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew O'Shea had a decent game with so little to do and he has always been good in the air from the time I saw him as a 17 year-old on loan at Bournemouth -on the ground now not so good.

O'Shea went from someone who could meg Figo to someone I was just delighted with if he could just find another United player...

:lol: