MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by one pub on each corner

144 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by one pub on each corner

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2018 22:13

That was a really good day out, great entertainment in the stand and on the pitch. Ezatolahi is a god.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Sep 2018 23:24

Old Man Andrews That was a really good day out, great entertainment in the stand and on the pitch. Ezatolahi is a god.

Both he and Sims were signings late in the day. Both pretty young and hungry to succeed. Just what we needed. They are making a difference.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Sep 2018 09:39

tidus_mi2 Reading the Brentford forum, they're a precious bunch aren't they? Gonna pick a few quotes out:
They did a job on us plus not helped by Bentley's errors.

They let us bring it out from the back but packed the midfield and pressed Ollie & Said leaving us with nowhere to go.

I pity the Reading fans having to pay to see that rubbish every week. Niggly fouls, time wasting and just a boring physical approach typified by their giant 32.

We need to better than this and find a way round spoiling sides.

Agree, we have to rise above bullying tactics like that .Said could do with a break. He is costing us with misplaced tackles and passes at the moment. Canos looks on form s well.

Good beginning and ending but in between it was not a good game to watch. Officials lost the plot at times, Reading were as cynical as they come and we lacked composure. Thought Bentley might have done better with both goals although neither was easy.

Need to get heads right for Tuesday.

Good point was I thought Judge added something when he came on.

Surprised how generous people are being to reading. I thought they were a disgrace with time wasting raised to an art form. They must practice it in training. Number 14 seeing he was about to be hooked feigning injury.
That said, I thought we were pretty poor. So many side passes showed we didn't have a plan to get through their midfield. And Bentley has got to sort this out, not least as I don't think we have a credible replacement. Still good to fight and get draw.

Reading in the second half were absolute filth. Zero interest in anything remotely to do with football.

Aided and abetted by the ref. Complete and utter idiot. Totally clueless and biased.

Linos were absolute cr*p as well.

Bentley. Absolutely terrible I’m afraid. He went through a spell last season where he dropped some clangers. Hopefully he will be back to form on Tuesday.

This is all particularly hilarious when you consider the fact they had 6 bookings and a red card and we had 1 booking.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Sep 2018 10:11

I've enjoyed watching the sending off with their fans looking on disbelieving that it was a foul let alone a second yellow for such a blatant tussle and cynical pullback to stop a clear breakaway on halfway.

144 posts