BFTG Brentford away

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG Brentford away

by PieEater » 29 Sep 2018 19:17

I thought we were unlucky to not win that, a team with confidence at the other end of the table would have won.

Their first goal looked well worked and well taken, there was nothing Walker could have done. Our equaliser was odd as it at the other end, a nothing shot looked to have been spilled and Bod reacted quickly and knocked it in. There was an odd pause in the away end before the cheers, did we really score?

The second was much better, a great free kick from Swift and their shit keeper couldn't keep it out. Mental scenes in the away end. It was disappointing we couldn't hang on but given they'd won every home game this season that was a decent away point.

Prematch in the very Brentford Globe was good, even the £11 burger hit the mark. Some piss taking for the guy in Pink who the stewards managed to move. Still a top away day, I hope the new stadium is as good.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Brentford away

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2018 19:50

PieEater Still a top away day, I hope the new stadium is as good.

I mean, it clearly won’t be, will it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Sep 2018 19:56

Thanks for that insight, cheers :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2018 21:15

Anytime.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Sep 2018 21:21

Smith complaining about the ref, seems to be getting like repetitive thing with him, I seem to remember it was the same last year. always a good idea the roll over and let them walk all over us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Sep 2018 21:26

No need to worry....nor take any notice of Dean Smith

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 30 Sep 2018 08:02

Two points dropped.Too many silly mistakes.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Sep 2018 08:42

tee peg Two points dropped.Too many silly mistakes.

To be fair without Bentleys silly mistskes we wouldn't have had 2 points to drop.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 30 Sep 2018 08:54

Kulshaw72RFC
tee peg Two points dropped.Too many silly mistakes.

To be fair without Bentleys silly mistskes we wouldn't have had 2 points to drop.

True.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 30 Sep 2018 08:55

Enjoyed that - certainly more fun than the 5-0 drubbing at Fulham (my last away game). Should have been a win, but would have taken a point beforehand.

Real ale in a plastic glass surprising good at The Griffin. 10/10 for the fans in the downstairs standing area. Not sure who was shitter - the ref or their keeper.

Not sure any of our players had a howler although Barrow needs to man up and make some tackles, and Gunter seemed to get lost a few times. Oh, and Brentford are a bunch of dirty bastards.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 30 Sep 2018 09:15

Excellent performance from fans and team yesterday.

The result cannot be underestimated against a side that is full of hunger, desire, commitment, passion, energy, urgency, efficiency and intelligence in their play. For our boys to stand up to that and almost come away with the win makes me very proud to be their supporter.

Now, let's take the same vocal and passionate support away to our next outing in the midlands at the Hawthorns. It isn't really that far away and is easy to get to. The team responded to our vocal support. Let's back them again in numbers at the Albion.

The Paul Clement turnaround is well and truly on! Let's be the witness to the birth of a new Reading FC side that battles for everything and fights for the fans.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Sep 2018 09:32

Should not be underestimated.

Cannot be overestimated.

One of the above maybe.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Sep 2018 10:02

Poor goals to concede all round. Excellent draw away to maintain our actually pretty good away record, although disappointing not to hold on. The injuries really didn't help us... well Barrow didn't hinder us in the game at least.

That definitely wasn't the best XI we could field even discounting injuries. Hopefully Baldock returns to fitness soon, Swift isn't out long and Sims gets back to starting.

I think I'm falling for Ezatolahi

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Sep 2018 11:13

Yes hope Swift isn’t out for long. Looked like it could have been a bad case of cramp. Our midfield should be built around him. Even when he isn’t playing well there’s always a spark of creativity that we otherwise don’t have. When he’s having a stinker (which he does) then substitute him early doors.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Sep 2018 12:50

Who scored our second goal? RFC website says Bod scored both goals. Ifollow and BBC both say Bod scored our first goal and Swift scored our second.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Sep 2018 13:51

The Royal Forester Who scored our second goal? RFC website says Bod scored both goals. Ifollow and BBC both say Bod scored our first goal and Swift scored our second.

Looked like Swift`s goal. but Bod was following it in and didn`t look far from getting a touch.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Sep 2018 14:13

3points Yes hope Swift isn’t out for long. Looked like it could have been a bad case of cramp. Our midfield should be built around him. Even when he isn’t playing well there’s always a spark of creativity that we otherwise don’t have. When he’s having a stinker (which he does) then substitute him early doors.

Been saying this for years - he is quality but he needs a proper DM to accompany him which I think we've found with Ezatolahi. Not Kelly who is as light weight (if not more so) and offers less creatively. Both are prone to mistakes which is why you need a DM mopping up. If Swift is having a shocker, sub Kelly on. It's one or the other not both which has been the case for too long and is far too much of a luxury in this division.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Sep 2018 15:25

I thought both teams played very well in that game. Brentford have very good wingers and that big French defender is quite good.

The red was pretty poor at times but mostly fair. I think the Brentford fans are kidding themselves if they think he was biased.

Walker - 7 - He was good. Covered the goal well and did better with distribution (helped by Meite being immense in the air)
Gunter - 6 - I don't remember him doing a single positive thing but equally not a negative thing either. We have moved past him.
Moore - 7 - He loves blocking a ball doesn't he?
Ilori - 6 - Slightly less than we are used to from him.
Yiadom - 7 - Struggled for the first 15 minutes but dominated after that. Love him.
Ezatolahi - 8 - MOTM. Superb. He did everything we've missed for the last 2 seasons. He intercepts, tackles, wins headers, plays crisp passes and can start counter attacks. If he continues like that we have one hell of a player.
Bacuna - 7 - Great set pieces for the most part and is a must start now.
Swift - 8 - Back to his dangerous self! His free kick, while fortunate, was played quickly and placed perfectly. He must start.
Meite - 6 - He wins headers buuut he needs to work on a lot if he wants to nail down a place. His passing can be poor and his timing always seems slightly off.
Barrow - 7 - He was dangerous throughout and actually quite good in assisting Yiadom in defense.
Bodvarson - 8 - Quality. He's been wonderful.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Oct 2018 11:21

i thought the standard of football on show was truly woeful, from both teams.

Brentford wont make play offs, we wont get relegated.

Our Persian Pogba will be a shrewd loan and will go some way to shore up our midfield but boy oh boy, we need to work out how to cut out these crosses and balls across the box, we were so lucky we were not 3 down at half time. Wasn't just Gunter this time but Yiadom was done many a time.

Walker looks shaky on crosses and needs to improve although Bentley will be utterly embarrassed with his performance.

Good to see the Reading Ultras rock up outside the Griffin, told to shut up by the Police, and then quietly they disperse. I take it they don't behave like that at Millwall, Leeds and the like?

Enjoyed the day, shame we did not see it through - get a win tomorrow night and its then been a decent improvement from Clements team.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 11:24

paultheroyal i thought the standard of football on show was truly woeful, from both teams.

Not actually true though, is it? Brentford were very good in the first half and we played some decent stuff at the start of the 2nd leading to the Swift free kick. Game became frantic near the end of course as Brentford chased it but thats natural.

It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:55