MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by Michael Meaker

167 posts
The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by Michael Meaker

by The Prisoner » 02 Oct 2018 22:16

Did our players have balloons attached to their boots? Every ball to feet that wasn’t misplaced just bounced up or away.

No width, no pace, no confidence, no creativity. Made qpr look like Brazil. They won’t have an easier game all season.

League 1 ahoy!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Oct 2018 22:17

Losing patience with Clement. Team selection and tactics were awful.

I just can't figure out why you would drop Swift after Saturday, unless he wasn't fit enough to play 3 games in a week - in which case you should play him in the match we'd have more chance of getting something in. And continuing to play Gunter and Aluko is utterly baffling. It's like playing with no right flank.

I'm not Clement Out but the team lacks identity. The fight and effort is much better all round than last year, but I can't really figure out what his philosophy is.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Oct 2018 22:21

genome Losing patience with Clement. Team selection and tactics were awful.

I just can't figure out why you would drop Swift after Saturday, unless he wasn't fit enough to play 3 games in a week - in which case you should play him in the match we'd have more chance of getting something in. And continuing to play Gunter and Aluko is utterly baffling. It's like playing with no right flank.

I'm not Clement Out but the team lacks identity. The fight and effort is much better all round than last year, but I can't really figure out what his philosophy is.

Gunter was good tonight. I usually can't stand him but thought he was probably one of the best players tonight.

Completely agree with everything else though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Oct 2018 22:24

Jagermesiter1871

Gunter was good tonight. I usually can't stand him but thought he was probably one of the best players tonight.

Completely agree with everything else though.

Thought Yiadom showed us what we are missing on the right side tonight tbh.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2018 22:24

URZZZZ
Hound Just wasted the first hour with Kelly and Aluko on

We’ve looked so much better since they came off

Yes, you have a point because Sims and Swift did tons on the pitch today. Honestly, yes Aluko isn't great, but he plays because everyone else is useless. It's so lazy how people just point the finger to him every game. Tim Dellor summed it up, when Aluko lost the ball, he moaned saying he's useless, but when it was Sims he was unlucky, it makes no sense. Added to that, Barrow is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen, just kick and run with no end product, Mccleary and Harriott are injured every week and Popa is Popa. How about you count the number of league games we've won this season with Barrow starting? Big fat zero. Ditch the wingers, play Yiadom further forward ON THE RIGHT, put Blackett as a LCB, and try and go that way because we've won two games against two of the worst two teams in the league, nothing much has changed from a couple of weeks ago

I don’t totally disagree with what you say, and agree Sims had a poor game tonight

But we’ve seen it so often with Aluko. The shape and energy just goes as it did tonight. I mentioned it early in the game, when their CBS had it, Kelly was furthest forward with Meite and Barrow supporting, whilst Aluko was on the half way line. What is that about?

He is a really poor player in reality. He offers nothing at all to the team. I’d happily put Yiadom on the right mid btw.

Barrow scored was it 11 and assisted 8 last year. What were Aluko’s stats like out of interest? Agree he hasn’t been great this year but he is a decent player

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Oct 2018 22:25

In its way, that was as depressing as the Norwich game. We played poorly but you have to start questioning some of the manager’s decisions now. Kelly was awful but why play him so high up the pitch. Since when has he been a striker?Why does he continually play Aluko? Why is Yiadom continually played at left back when it is painfully obvious he is better on the right and Gunter is more comfortable at left back? Why was Swift dropped tonight? That’s just for starters.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2018 22:25

Hound That just has to be the end of Aluko surely. Know I’ve thought that before but surely that’s it

Think we've seen the end of Aluko several times yet he keeps coming back...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2018 22:26

Hound
URZZZZ

Yes, you have a point because Sims and Swift did tons on the pitch today. Honestly, yes Aluko isn't great, but he plays because everyone else is useless. It's so lazy how people just point the finger to him every game. Tim Dellor summed it up, when Aluko lost the ball, he moaned saying he's useless, but when it was Sims he was unlucky, it makes no sense. Added to that, Barrow is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen, just kick and run with no end product, Mccleary and Harriott are injured every week and Popa is Popa. How about you count the number of league games we've won this season with Barrow starting? Big fat zero. Ditch the wingers, play Yiadom further forward ON THE RIGHT, put Blackett as a LCB, and try and go that way because we've won two games against two of the worst two teams in the league, nothing much has changed from a couple of weeks ago

I don’t totally disagree with what you say, and agree Sims had a poor game tonight

But we’ve seen it so often with Aluko. The shape and energy just goes as it did tonight. I mentioned it early in the game, when their CBS had it, Kelly was furthest forward with Meite and Barrow supporting, whilst Aluko was on the half way line. What is that about?

He is a really poor player in reality. He offers nothing at all to the team. I’d happily put Yiadom on the right mid btw.

Barrow scored was it 11 and assisted 8 last year. What were Aluko’s stats like out of interest? Agree he hasn’t been great this year but he is a decent player

Surprised you bothered responding to that. He's talking shite.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Oct 2018 22:30

Billy Smart's circus is missing a clown named Andy Davies. Should've been drowned at birth.
Last edited by sandman on 02 Oct 2018 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2018 22:31

Norfolk Royal In its way, that was as depressing as the Norwich game. We played poorly but you have to start questioning some of the manager’s decisions now. Kelly was awful but why play him so high up the pitch. Since when has he been a striker?Why does he continually play Aluko? Why is Yiadom continually played at left back when it is painfully obvious he is better on the right and Gunter is more comfortable at left back? Why was Swift dropped tonight? That’s just for starters.

Agree with you on Yiadom

One thing i’d say in PCs defence is he has to treat Swift with a bit of care. We’re in trouble if his hammy goes again

Also losing both of our strike pair - 9 Goals between them - is not helpful in the slightest

I’ve time for Meite but he isn’t a champ standard CF at the moment.
Last edited by Hound on 02 Oct 2018 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 02 Oct 2018 22:32

sandman Billy Smart's circus is missing a clown named Andy Davies. Should've been drowned at birth.

I agree

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Oct 2018 22:36

No matter how poor Rangers were you could always see it coming couldn`t you? 6 wins in 29 home league games, happy fcuking days.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Oct 2018 22:36

Hound
Norfolk Royal In its way, that was as depressing as the Norwich game. We played poorly but you have to start questioning some of the manager’s decisions now. Kelly was awful but why play him so high up the pitch. Since when has he been a striker?Why does he continually play Aluko? Why is Yiadom continually played at left back when it is painfully obvious he is better on the right and Gunter is more comfortable at left back? Why was Swift dropped tonight? That’s just for starters.

Agree with you on Yiadom

One thing i’d say in PCs defence is he has to treat Swift with a bit of care. We’re in trouble if his hammy goes again

Also losing both of our strike pair - 9 Goals between them - is not helpful in the slightest

That’s all true but we still could have played that game cuter had fairly obviously correct selection and tactical decisions been made in my view.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Oct 2018 22:37

I’ve absolutely no faith in Clement.

Tonight was an appalling performance and result.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Oct 2018 22:40

The frightening thing is we haven`t played anyone decent at home yet but managed to lose 5 out of 6.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Oct 2018 22:51

Hound
URZZZZ

Yet against Derby, when we played to Aluko's strengths, he had a good game. This is because Yiadom at RB bombing on allows him to play his natural game of tucking inside with the RB creating the opportunities from the right and Aluko buzzing around the pitch. This is also the case for his form in Fulham in 16/17, with Fredericks ( a very capable and attacking RB who created many chances). The form from Aluko that season was one reason why we paid so much for him, I refer our 5-0 loss to them. But they almost built their team around him and Cairney. Now look how we play. We've got a RB who suffers a panic attack when he crosses the halfway line. Therefore when Aluko receives the ball, he either has two options, play it backwards, cue fans moaning, or try a switch across the pitch, cue moans. So yes, Aluko has been disappointing, I don't know his stats exactly but there cant have been more than 4 goals, but I'd argue it's not his fault entirely, we don't play to his strengths
Onto Barrow, yes he contributed well last season, you can't argue with his stats. But he's still not very good. There's a reason Clement sold him at Swansea, there's a reason Monk never played him at Leeds, there's a reason we signed him for £1 million. If we are serious about ever going back up in the near future, we have to stop the love in with average players like Barrow. Apart from one fantastic cross for Bod against Derby, he has done nothing this season. A good impact player he is, refer to his contribution against Hull, but as a starter, we've got to be looking for better
Miss the days when we had proper wingers, Little and Convey, Kebe and Mcanuff, even Mccleary and Beerens. Now it just seems to be drawing out of a raffle and choosing whoever really. Shame really
One last thing, not sure what Blackett has done wrong to be honest, it really is a waste having Yiadom over at the left, especially with someone who is capable of playing LB, he really needs to sort that out. At the very least, he needs to swap over the fullbacks

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2018 23:11

He came off injured in the last game, so to be honest, it makes perfect sense to not risk him so soon after.

Picking Aluko after he came on and did sweet FA so we lost all momentum against Brentford, having seen him be absolutely and irredeemably bad time and time again is the thing to complain about. Not resting Swift.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2018 23:15

Hound
URZZZZ

According to Whoscored.
Barrow: Played 37 (4), Mins 3348, goals 10, assists 4
Aluko: Played 36 (3), Mins 3045, goals 3, assists 4

The stats make Aluko seem ok last year. He was abject.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Oct 2018 23:42

Snowflake Royal

He came off injured in the last game, so to be honest, it makes perfect sense to not risk him so soon after.

Picking Aluko after he came on and did sweet FA so we lost all momentum against Brentford, having seen him be absolutely and irredeemably bad time and time again is the thing to complain about. Not resting Swift.

Just cramp on Saturday I think. I don't think it would've affected his ability to play today. Clement said he wanted to freshen things up tonight and admitted it was the wrong thing to do in the post-match interviews. Swift should've played - rest him on Saturday when we will need to set up more defensively.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:26

Hound

Agree with you on Yiadom

Meite really put in a shift tonight but he really needs a goal
The big concern is the constant injury problems. Both strikers injured in training. It’s happened to a number of others in training. It can’t just be down to bad luck all the time

167 posts