BFT - I don’t know what to call it

144 posts
Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT - I don’t know what to call it

by Theroyalbox » 03 Oct 2018 09:51

bloody Volvo driver Anyone else notice how many of our front 6 bothered to sprint back when QPR broke around the 40 minute mark following Aluko’s rancid pea roller cross. Grand total of one, Eza. After Walker had parried their first shot and their second ended up in row Z, I wondered where the help was. Aluko, Kelly, Barrow, Bacuna and Meite (perhaps more understandable) were all on the halfway line after making zero effort to ‘get back’. Not exactly all hands to the pump which you might expect when suffering a quick break from the opposition.

Yes I did notice this, and having watched the first 60 mins of Man City before I went Leroy Sane had pretty much sprinted the whole pitch to help Ederson out with a long ball, there is something very wrong with our club and I don't think constantly sacking managers is the answer, but Clement is not the right man for this job. The only thing that makes it worse is that penguin looking muppet Ron Gourlay is going to be in charge of hiring the new manager when the time comes.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Oct 2018 09:58

Zip
Top Flight
Zip
I think you are being very generous to Clement. He clearly isn’t motivating them as they are coming out of the traps so slowly. The formation was woeful tonight. He did nothing to change things throughout the first half. Would you stick with him if we go down?

Not even Coppell would be able to motivate this lot. Coppell's answer is to recruit the right people in the first place. The right characters. People that have something to prove.

I don't think any manager, Guardiola included would be able to get more from this group than Clement.

The job that Clement faces is a minimum three year project. If Clement goes and someone else comes in it will take them at least three years as well and results in the first two years will look very dodgy again. Each time we sack a manager we just restart the RFC project from square one and begin another three year wait. We keep putting back the glory days every time we kick a manager out the door. If we had shown patience to McDermott and he was still our manager today, we would be watching a very hungry, motivated full of desire Reading team. But we keep prolonging this agony by sacking our managers and never giving them a chance to build a club.

Patience is the only word for this. Patience. We have to show it.

So if he takes us down do you still back him? I’m not saying I disagree with your comments above but relegation would be a disaster with zero guarantee we would bounce back.

100% you keep him if we go down. These players are the problem and would have gone down last year under a different manager. If you go down, who are you going to attract that's better? I'd be more tempted to get rid if we stayed up mid table.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2018 09:59

LWJ Somebody explain to me what Kelly does to avoid criticism to the extent of Aluko/Gunter?

The kid is so far out his depth it's unbelievable. Spent most the first half on the last line of defenders, or bottling challengers, or losing the ball or doing fcuk all.

Swift showed us what an actual midfielder does when they move towards the ball and allow people to run in behind /create space etc...

Get rid of the little prick, he's only gone backwards in the last 2 years. Conference football awaits you, Liam.

Tbf I totally forgot he played.

Which speaks volumes.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2018 10:00

LWJ Somebody explain to me what Kelly does to avoid criticism to the extent of Aluko/Gunter?

The kid is so far out his depth it's unbelievable. Spent most the first half on the last line of defenders, or bottling challengers, or losing the ball or doing fcuk all.

Swift showed us what an actual midfielder does when they move towards the ball and allow people to run in behind /create space etc...

Get rid of the little prick, he's only gone backwards in the last 2 years. Conference football awaits you, Liam.

It's been mostly downhill since Stam compared him to Iniesta.

He's got the technical ability and plays well in an in-form team, but I honestly don't think he's got the right attitude or intelligence.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Oct 2018 10:02

Overall an absolute shambolic performance, probably the worst yet and there's a few to pick from

Walker - Absolutely bullied at every set piece, eventually one was going to lead to a goal 1 good save though, kicking atrocious - 5
Yiadom - First 20 absolutely terrifyingly bad - second half played well went forward better than Barrow - he pretty much played LB and LM - 6
Illori - Thought he was excellent, defo MOTM without him and Moore we would have McShane and O'Shea so thank good for that - 8
Moore - Even though it wasn't his best game he was still much better than everyone else, feel for him - 7
Gunter - I am a big Gunter fan and he hasn't been at the races this year but he was decent tonight - 6

Bacuna - Terrible set pieces, gives the ball away loads, put in some effort though - 3
Kelly - Absolutely awful, he really is probably a national league player, his positioning was a joke he is weak pathetic in a tackle and why oh why for like 30 seconds every 20 minutes does he decide to sprint everywhere he is a shambles his attitude seems awful and he shouldn't ever be near the team again -0.5
Iranian guy - Average compare to other two games wasn't as disciplined in his position and that left us venerable too many times, perhaps excusable though considering he was playing with one of the worst midfielders in the league - 5

Barrow - Finally looking like the poor player he actually is - 2
Aluko - Actually didn't think it was his worst game for Reading, which says a lot - 3.5
Meite - Touch of a r*pist, literally his first touch started most of QPR's counter attacks, might score goals in the national league with Kelly.

Swift - up there with Moore and Illori and when a rebuild does eventually happen, he should be a key part of it. He needs to stay fit though, big problem with him. Keep going swfity.
Sims - Decent player bad team nothing happened for him
McNulty - Hate him after him spouting all the rubbish about England in the summer on his twitter. If only he was as good at football as he was at tweeting - should join Kelly and Meite

Clement - Unmotivating, devoid, tactically inept, sounds a beaten man. Should probably be a PE teacher.

Also please can we now get rid of those people behind the goal. It doesn't work.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2018 10:05

I love how Ezatolahi is officially known as "Iranian Guy"

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:06

genome I love how Ezatolahi is officially known as "Iranian Guy"

It is actually the English translation of his name.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 10:13

genome I love how Ezatolahi is officially known as "Iranian Guy"

Even the commentator kept calling him it last night.

Your stats on Aluko were wrong btw. He only played 5 mins against Brentford, and we got a draw.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 03 Oct 2018 10:20

The state of some of the comments about the referee.

The only thing he got wrong all night was not booking 3 or our players for diving instead of 2. I was in the corner where all 3 took place and called them all simulation straight away.

Adrian Williams on BBCRB (with help of replays) said the referee got all the main decisions right.

Lino was terrible, that’s not the refs fault.

As per usual, clueless people in the crowd getting it wrong.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:21

Tony Le Mesmer The state of some of the comments about the referee.

The only thing he got wrong all night was not booking 3 or our players for diving instead of 2. I was in the corner where all 3 took place and called them all simulation straight away.

Adrian Williams on BBCRB (with help of replays) said the referee got all the main decisions right.

Agree Tony, thought the ref was spot on with the penalty decisions. We got to the point of desperation and started to try and cheat to get back in the game. Thats how far we have fallen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 10:22

Meite shouldn't have been booked. He got bumped. Every single player on the pitch exaggerates that fall a little bit. No penalty but a ridiculous booking

Iranian's was a clear dive and rightfully booked

Yiadom definitely got tugged. Again exaggerated, but could have been given that one. If not given, then ref prob should have booked him

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2018 10:24

Hound Your stats on Aluko were wrong btw. He only played 5 mins against Brentford, and we got a draw.

Woops - rejigged it as I misread the substitution stats for 4 games. Pretty similar PPG though.

With Aluko - P43 W9 D13 L21 - PPG - 0.93
Without Aluko - P9 W1 D3 L5 - PPG - 0.66

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:25

Hound Meite shouldn't have been booked. He got bumped. Every single player on the pitch exaggerates that fall a little bit. No penalty but a ridiculous booking

Yiadom definitely got tugged. Again exaggerated, but could have been given that one. If not given, then ref prob should have booked him

If any of those get given against us we would be up in arms. All looked like simulation from where I was sat but every angle would probably tell a different story.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2018 10:30

He got the foul on Barrow wrong.

Didn't card 2 QPR players (the subs) for blatant fouls.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 03 Oct 2018 10:31

genome
Hound Your stats on Aluko were wrong btw. He only played 5 mins against Brentford, and we got a draw.

Woops - rejigged it as I misread the substitution stats for 4 games. Pretty similar PPG though.

Thats interesting.
Im a fan on the PPG of the players as compared to other members of the squad. This suggests there may be players worse than 0.93. Who could that be? Kelly?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Oct 2018 10:32

Old Man Andrews
Hound Meite shouldn't have been booked. He got bumped. Every single player on the pitch exaggerates that fall a little bit. No penalty but a ridiculous booking

If any of those get given against us we would be up in arms. All looked like simulation from where I was sat but every angle would probably tell a different story.

2 of the 3 were clear dives and it was embarrassing to see. Especially when is the positions they were in instead of looking for a final ball or shot they looked to get fouled / dive.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Oct 2018 10:40

I'm glad that the majority of posts don't blame the referee last night-it would be too easy to use his decisions as a cop-out.

I listened to Clement afterwards on BBCRB and yes he is very honest and likeable but he speaks like a fan rather than the decision-making manager that he is.
He said that Aluko is a good player but out of form-well don't f*****g well play him then;he has been "out of form" ever since he arrived.
The idea that fit young men can't play 2 games in 3 days is crazy-Swift has to start as our sole creative player.

It really is all so depressing and we have yet to play anybody decent at home.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Oct 2018 10:44

I have been thinking, (yes OK an oxymoron for me!), long and hard about the current shambles at our club.

It seems to me that it is Gourley who is actually picking the team, with Clement merely the fall guy. That can be the only explanation for the continued selection of a number of our highly paid underachieving clods. Gourley is obviously desperately trying to justify the stultifyingly stupid fees and wages he sanctioned for players who frankly shouldn't be anywhere near RFC. Until this idiot is removed from RFC I cannot see how things will ever change.

Quite honestly I cannot for the life of me understand what his role at the club is, and what RFC actually gets for his massive salary. Presumably he some sort of conduit for the Owners, but all that does is mean they only get to hear his version of events, and so he can blame anyone but himself for the dreadful position we find ourselves in. The removal of Tevreden, (who i had no time for but that's besides the point), is a case in point.

We have so many wasters and hangers on at this club now that it must be haemorhhaging money. Unless the Chinese owners are simply using the club to get money out of China or as a tax write-off, then they won't be around for long presiding over this utter shambles.

I am exasperated to the point of desperation. Quite how I have managed to get his far in this drivel without swearing is a credit to my psychiatrist and modern experimental medication! :wink:

Oh well, back to the ward. The Dayroom is getting crowded.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Oct 2018 10:49

genome

PPG is misleading. I should be points per minute based on the score when a played comes on or is subbed off, then multiply that by 90 to get a true PPG. Aluko being on for 5 mins and us getting a draw doesn't equate to him having a PPG if 1 for that game. if the score was unchanged from the time he cam on until the final whistle, then he got 1 point in 5 minutes. Do this for all the game he played in and then multiply the PPM by 90 to PPG. I might try this for him to see if my nonsense is just that or produces something more accurate.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:56

strap I have been thinking, (yes OK an oxymoron for me!), long and hard about the current shambles at our club.

It seems to me that it is Gourley who is actually picking the team, with Clement merely the fall guy. That can be the only explanation for the continued selection of a number of our highly paid underachieving clods. Gourley is obviously desperately trying to justify the stultifyingly stupid fees and wages he sanctioned for players who frankly shouldn't be anywhere near RFC. Until this idiot is removed from RFC I cannot see how things will ever change.

Quite honestly I cannot for the life of me understand what his role at the club is, and what RFC actually gets for his massive salary. Presumably he some sort of conduit for the Owners, but all that does is mean they only get to hear his version of events, and so he can blame anyone but himself for the dreadful position we find ourselves in. The removal of Tevreden, (who i had no time for but that's besides the point), is a case in point.

We have so many wasters and hangers on at this club now that it must be haemorhhaging money. Unless the Chinese owners are simply using the club to get money out of China or as a tax write-off, then they won't be around for long presiding over this utter shambles.

I am exasperated to the point of desperation. Quite how I have managed to get his far in this drivel without swearing is a credit to my psychiatrist and modern experimental medication! :wink:

Oh well, back to the ward. The Dayroom is getting crowded.

I think your theory is far fetched but there is definitely logic behind Nani being involved in team selection. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but he is always out there on the pitch with Clement prior to a game now and the two seem to be deep in discussion with Nani definitely taking the lead.

144 posts