MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by Paxo, probably

182 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by Paxo, probably

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 12:00

leon
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal To be perfectly honest, I'm past caring who is manager, and I'm positive we're down, so I'm happy to see if he can do better at a lower level and rebuild.

Crikey, Ian. They’ve really done a number on you.

Well it’s October and it seems people have given up. I haven’t yet - get a proper manager in and we’ve a chance.

Clement is shit. He’s taking us down.

I once again return to the point that if four managers in a row have failed, why would a fifth succeed, and what gives you any faith we'd hire anyone better.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 07 Oct 2018 14:12

Snowflake Royal
leon
Scutterbucketz

Well it’s October and it seems people have given up. I haven’t yet - get a proper manager in and we’ve a chance.

I once again return to the point that if four managers in a row have failed, why would a fifth succeed, and what gives you any faith we'd hire anyone better.

Absolute nonsense. That logic is utterly insane, Ian. Just ask Einstein.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 14:22

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
leon

If you're alluding to the phrase repeating the same thing and expecting different results, is the definition of madness, which I'm not sure Einstein actually said, that's exactly the point I just made. Why would you expect sacking yet another manager after less than two seasons in charge to have a different effect to the last three times where we've got progressively worse bar one delayed reaction in Stam's first season.

In this case sticking with the manager is changing the pattern, not sacking them.

Presumably you don't think practice and learning is worthwhile. Afterall if you don't get it right the first few times you never will clearly.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Oct 2018 14:38

Snowflake Royal
leon
Scutterbucketz

I once again return to the point that the failure is down to appointing inexperienced managers.

What we need is experience. There’s actually a few managers out there at the moment.

That said I reckon Gourlay could balls it up again by bringing in John Terry or someone horrific like that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2018 15:17

could balls it up?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 07 Oct 2018 18:35

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal I once again return to the point that if four managers in a row have failed, why would a fifth succeed, and what gives you any faith we'd hire anyone better.

If you're alluding to the phrase repeating the same thing and expecting different results, is the definition of madness, which I'm not sure Einstein actually said, that's exactly the point I just made. Why would you expect sacking yet another manager after less than two seasons in charge to have a different effect to the last three times where we've got progressively worse bar one delayed reaction in Stam's first season.

In this case sticking with the manager is changing the pattern, not sacking them.

Presumably you don't think practice and learning is worthwhile. Afterall if you don't get it right the first few times you never will clearly.

I had a feeling you would say that.

In this instance, the action that brings about the most change is removing the manager and all his staff and getting someone else in.

Just because it didn’t work before does not mean it won’t work now.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2018 19:09

Ian, do you believe there isn’t a manager out there that couldn’t do better than Clement? I do share your reservations about Gourlay not making the right appointment though. I just don’t think Clement is learning from his mistakes.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Oct 2018 20:37

leon
Snowflake Royal
leon

I once again return to the point that the failure is down to appointing inexperienced managers.

What we need is experience. There’s actually a few managers out there at the moment.

That said I reckon Gourlay could balls it up again by bringing in John Terry or someone horrific like that.

You can just see it can't you. Gourley really is inexperienced at this level and in this position.
He will go for another coach or manager with no EFL experience.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 21:44

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

In this instance, the action that brings about the most change is removing the manager and all his staff and getting someone else in.

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 21:46

Zip Ian, do you believe there isn’t a manager out there that couldn’t do better than Clement? I do share your reservations about Gourlay not making the right appointment though. I just don’t think Clement is learning from his mistakes.

I think there are very few who are available and / or within our capability to attract. And all of them will be stuck with the same players, much of the same backroom staff and the same upper management structure.

Embrace relegation, you'll be happier for it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2018 21:57

Snowflake Royal
Zip Ian, do you believe there isn’t a manager out there that couldn’t do better than Clement? I do share your reservations about Gourlay not making the right appointment though. I just don’t think Clement is learning from his mistakes.

I think there are very few who are available and / or within our capability to attract. And all of them will be stuck with the same players, much of the same backroom staff and the same upper management structure.

No chance of embracing relegation in the first week of October. You will be suggesting I vote Liberal Democrat next. :wink:

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 07 Oct 2018 22:00

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal If you're alluding to the phrase repeating the same thing and expecting different results, is the definition of madness, which I'm not sure Einstein actually said, that's exactly the point I just made. Why would you expect sacking yet another manager after less than two seasons in charge to have a different effect to the last three times where we've got progressively worse bar one delayed reaction in Stam's first season.

It’s like trying to roll a 6 on a dice and saying “well, I didn’t roll a 6 those 5 times so I may as well give up”.

In that next throw you might not roll that 6, but if you don’t throw the fukker you’ll never find out. Analogies are hard, just ask Kes, but I’d rather throw again than stick with the shit we have.

As stated previously, if there was anything in his previous management career that suggested he might be able to turn it round, also baring in mind the squad available and the apparent conditions within the club, then I might just be willing to give him a chance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2018 22:48

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

It’s like trying to roll a 6 on a dice and saying “well, I didn’t roll a 6 those 5 times so I may as well give up”.

In that next throw you might not roll that 6, but if you don’t throw the fukker you’ll never find out. Analogies are hard, just ask Kes, but I’d rather throw again than stick with the shit we have.

As stated previously, if there was anything in his previous management career that suggested he might be able to turn it round, also baring in mind the squad available and the apparent conditions within the club, then I might just be willing to give him a chance.

I'm just enjoying the way you're saying we shouldn't keep doing the same thing with Clement, because the outcome of that can't change, whilst simultaneously saying we should do the same thing as with Adkins, Clarke, McDermott and Stam, because the outcome of that might change.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Oct 2018 23:12

Snowflake Royal

This is insanity. Utter insanity.

There are no better managers out there that are better than Clement?

But he’s not even any good?

Ian, I’m concerned about you. Have you joined a death cult?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 07 Oct 2018 23:28

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal :lol:

I'm just enjoying the way you're saying we shouldn't keep doing the same thing with Clement, because the outcome of that can't change, whilst simultaneously saying we should do the same thing as with Adkins, Clarke, McDermott and Stam, because the outcome of that might change.

No, you misunderstand still.

I recognise that it could change, but nothing I’ve seen or know about him makes me think that is likely to happen. Whereas, changing the manager would definitely bring about a big change which could be the kick up the arse we need. It also might not work out at all. And if it doesn’t we will be relegated.

But we need change and fast. Being resigned to relegation because you’re fed up of that change will achieve nothing in the time we have available.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Oct 2018 00:04

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

I recognise that it could change, but nothing I’ve seen or know about him makes me think that is likely to happen. Whereas, changing the manager would definitely bring about a big change which could be the kick up the arse we need. It also might not work out at all. And if it doesn’t we will be relegated.

But we need change and fast. Being resigned to relegation because you’re fed up of that change will achieve nothing in the time we have available.

Absolutely.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 08 Oct 2018 05:55

Are you okay Snowflake Royal? Have you had a minor brain aneurysm?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Oct 2018 07:20

Problem with changing manager is that it really is back to square 1

The new man has to assess the squad, can blame results on what he has inherited etc

At least Clement seems to have got to the point where we have a fairly clearly defined first 11/14 and.

I think it’s to early to push the panic button. We’re not getting cut adrift and there are some positive signs. PC is clearly learning on the job which is far from ideal but how it currently is

Still sh1t in december (quite likely) then prob be a good time to look elsewhere with the Jan transfer window round the corner

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Oct 2018 07:25

leon
Snowflake Royal

This is insanity. Utter insanity.

There are no better managers out there that are better than Clement?

But he’s not even any good?

Ian, I’m concerned about you. Have you joined a death cult?

You know that's not actually what I said.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Oct 2018 07:28

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

I don't misunderstand, I disagree.

182 posts