MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by Paxo, probably

182 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by Paxo, probably

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Oct 2018 08:03

Hound Problem with changing manager is that it really is back to square 1

The new man has to assess the squad, can blame results on what he has inherited etc

At least Clement seems to have got to the point where we have a fairly clearly defined first 11/14 and.

I think it’s to early to push the panic button. We’re not getting cut adrift and there are some positive signs. PC is clearly learning on the job which is far from ideal but how it currently is

Still sh1t in december (quite likely) then prob be a good time to look elsewhere with the Jan transfer window round the corner

Isn't the job just too big for him? He walked into the mess that Stam left and the club couldn't offload the crap we don't need in the summer and in turn couldn't bring enough quality in. I like him as a bloke I think he's the right character and is honest but I think we need an authority figure and someone who if we are 1-0 up away from home at half time has the tactical awareness to shut up shop and hang on to what we have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by Paxo, probably

by Hound » 08 Oct 2018 09:01

Quite possibly it is too big for him

I think he has shown pretty much what we anticipated - a good coach, who has some good ideas, but just not the experience of actually managing a team. Esp one who is struggling

Not to say he can't learnt to do that, but I reckon he has about 2 months to get it right

182 posts