Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by Paxo, probably

by Scutterbucketz » 06 Oct 2018 19:46

Kulshaw72RFC
Scutterbucketz
leon
Judas

Yeah I’m not entirely proud of myself. Although it seems the exact right amount of money to help me get over it.

Who did you bet on?

Leeds draw
Tottenham Win
Burnley draw
Sheff utd Win
Everton Win

&

West Brom Win :?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2018 19:53

Good work on the bet

Changing the manager again does kind of depress me I must say

If PC went then I think we’d have to get a McCarthy type in, who I have no doubts would keep us up comfortably and get rid of some of the overpaid wastes of space we have. But long term? Not sure.

PC has made many screw ups and how we can keep not turning up in halves of football is utterly confusing. But I honestly don’t think we are that far away (to play that well first half at WBA suggests something is going right) from being competitive

Get Baldock and Bod back in and I’ll think we’ll win enough games, and the side is generally young enough to grow over the season

But time is certainly running out for him

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2018 19:56

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
leon
And yet you’d happily have him as manager after he’s taken us down to Division 1?

Convince me
1. We'll recruit someone better with experience to replace him
2. A new manager will change our squad
3. A new manager will change our scouting, medical and transfer performance

And I'll jump on board.

When we were rubbish after Clarke spoke to Fulham people said anyone would do better. They didn't.
When we were rubbish under McDermott people said anyone would do better, it lasted one season tenuously.
When we were rubbish under Stam people said anyone would do better. They didn't.
Now we're rubbish under Clement the same people are saying anyone would do better.

See a pattern here? Sacking a manager and hiring a new one us expensive. Uf it's not going to make a difference anyway, why bother. The one thing we haven't done in five years is give a manager two full seasons to see if the longer game works. We don't give anyone time to build anything or learn from their mistakes and implement changes

We gave Stam almost 2 years. In 2 seasons that's time for someone to take us down to league 2. When something isn't clearly going to turn around then a change only suffices.

Completely different scenario. Stam had a successful first season and we then went backwards. Clement's had no time at all.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 06 Oct 2018 19:59

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Convince me
1. We'll recruit someone better with experience to replace him
2. A new manager will change our squad
3. A new manager will change our scouting, medical and transfer performance

And I'll jump on board.

When we were rubbish after Clarke spoke to Fulham people said anyone would do better. They didn't.
When we were rubbish under McDermott people said anyone would do better, it lasted one season tenuously.
When we were rubbish under Stam people said anyone would do better. They didn't.
Now we're rubbish under Clement the same people are saying anyone would do better.

See a pattern here? Sacking a manager and hiring a new one us expensive. Uf it's not going to make a difference anyway, why bother. The one thing we haven't done in five years is give a manager two full seasons to see if the longer game works. We don't give anyone time to build anything or learn from their mistakes and implement changes

We gave Stam almost 2 years. In 2 seasons that's time for someone to take us down to league 2. When something isn't clearly going to turn around then a change only suffices.

Completely different scenario. Stam had a successful first season and we then went backwards. Clement's had no time at all.

How much time do you want to give him?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2018 20:02

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy

It's in the post. Two full seasons. I'm resigned to relegation. I'm fed up of changing manager. It doesn't help.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 06 Oct 2018 20:24

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal Completely different scenario. Stam had a successful first season and we then went backwards. Clement's had no time at all.

It's in the post. Two full seasons. I'm resigned to relegation. I'm fed up of changing manager. It doesn't help.

Sorrry, I didn’t read it.

Two full seasons?!?! :shock:

If PC had done anything of note here or elsewhere to justify such loyalty then you might, just might, have a leg to stand on. But he hasn’t, and giving him another 18 months on the back of that is just fukking insane.

This is a results business. Thankfully decisions aren’t made based on whether people are a little bit fed up.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Oct 2018 20:53

Zip
Kitsondinho
Sutekh So if Clement goes, who comes in?

Nigel Gibbs
Sam Allardyce
Alan Pardew
Carlos Carvalho
Phil Parkinson
Some foreign bloke with no real experience in English management
A Steve Gerrard/Frank Lampard type

An upcoming younger manager from divs 3 or 4 might be worth a shout

Rather left-field choice, but Dylan Kerr has been very succesful in the various management/academy roles he has had around the world. Just won the Kenyan Premier League for a second year running. Can’t be any worse than Clement.....

Parky for me. He is an experienced manager and knows the Championship. He would have an affinity with the supporters too. He has done well at Bolton in difficult circumstances too. I doubt he would want to come though.

No - he knows league 1 & 2. Why hasn't even an average championship side come in for him in 15 years of management?

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 06 Oct 2018 21:25

I get the questioning of sacking and replacing over the last few years,however you would have to wonder whether even clement would want to be here after a relegation to league 1; which let's be honest is not exactly his stomping ground. I think if we continue on a downward trajectory it might be best to accept relegation is likely,get someone temporary in to oversee the rest of the season and start the process of getting someone in permanently in the summer. The fact Clement said the squad overall needs another 2 transfer windows says it all about how fractured the blend,size and harmony of it actually is

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Oct 2018 21:46

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

If PC had done anything of note here or elsewhere to justify such loyalty then you might, just might, have a leg to stand on. But he hasn’t, and giving him another 18 months on the back of that is just fukking insane.

This is a results business. Thankfully decisions aren’t made based on whether people are a little bit fed up.

Well quite.

Wrong choice at the wrong time.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Oct 2018 22:00

Mid Sussex Royal
Zip
Kitsondinho Rather left-field choice, but Dylan Kerr has been very succesful in the various management/academy roles he has had around the world. Just won the Kenyan Premier League for a second year running. Can’t be any worse than Clement.....

Parky for me. He is an experienced manager and knows the Championship. He would have an affinity with the supporters too. He has done well at Bolton in difficult circumstances too. I doubt he would want to come though.

No - he knows league 1 & 2. Why hasn't even an average championship side come in for him in 15 years of management?

It was only last season that he had success at this level by keeping Bolton up which was an achievement given the financial mess they were in meaning he has had peanuts to spend on players. So he is still building his reputation at this level of the game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2018 22:54

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

To be perfectly honest, I'm past caring who is manager, and I'm positive we're down, so I'm happy to see if he can do better at a lower level and rebuild.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 06 Oct 2018 22:56

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal It's in the post. Two full seasons. I'm resigned to relegation. I'm fed up of changing manager. It doesn't help.

To be perfectly honest, I'm past caring who is manager, and I'm positive we're down, so I'm happy to see if he can do better at a lower level and rebuild.

Crikey, Ian. They’ve really done a number on you.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Oct 2018 23:31

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal It's in the post. Two full seasons. I'm resigned to relegation. I'm fed up of changing manager. It doesn't help.

Agree with you about the certainty of us down but disagree about Clement. He hasn’t demonstrated any managerial quality ever throughout his career to suggest he’s actually competent, firstly I’d be surprised if he hung about for League One and even then if he could successfully manage a team in it.

Get rid now. There is no point delaying it just because we don’t like sacking managers and it may or may not work. He’s not the man for the job, in this division and I suspect especially the one below.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Oct 2018 00:07

Hound Good work on the bet

If PC went then I think we’d have to get a McCarthy type in, who I have no doubts would keep us up comfortably and get rid of some of the overpaid wastes of space we have. But long term? Not sure.

PC has made many screw ups and how we can keep not turning up in halves of football is utterly confusing. But I honestly don’t think we are that far away (to play that well first half at WBA suggests something is going right) from being competitive

Get Baldock and Bod back in and I’ll think we’ll win enough games, and the side is generally young enough to grow over the season

Hope you're right.

West Brom supporting mate went to the game and was very impressed with us first half. At half time he said the talk was about how they could get back in the game and they were not optimistic. Overall he thought we showed far too much quality to go down.

But then he doesn't watch us every week...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Oct 2018 01:38

Scutterbucketz
Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz

Crikey, Ian. They’ve really done a number on you.

Well it’s October and it seems people have given up. I haven’t yet - get a proper manager in and we’ve a chance.

Clement is shit. He’s taking us down.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2018 08:44

I don’t think we’ll go down with or without PC tbh

We’ve a basis of a good side and are very inconsistent at the moment. He does seem to have identified the basis of the correct team to play

Think the fact we’re missing our two best strikers has been pretty overlooked as well. Baldock or Bod would prob have put that McNulty chance away yesterday

We’re not good and PC has got a lot wrong but think we’ll be better than the likes of Hull, Rotherham and Bolton over the course of the season

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 07 Oct 2018 08:53

Scutterbucketz
leon
Scutterbucketz Dogshite!

£1356 though :?

Judas

Yeah I’m not entirely proud of myself. Although it seems the exact right amount of money to help me get over it.

warnock get him in.

ive got a great set of lads here, im telling you they would die for this club, what the refs doing there outrageous.
im telling you great set of lads.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Oct 2018 10:24

finchroyal
Scutterbucketz
leon
Judas

warnock get him in.

ive got a great set of lads here, im telling you they would die for this club, what the refs doing there outrageous.

Isn`t he at Cardiff? :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2018 10:48

Hound Good work on the bet

I hope you’re right Hound. After Brentford I thought Clement may just have turned the corner but then came QPR and the second half yesterday. In his defence I can see a team shaping up especially with Bodvarsson, Baldock and Obita back. Add in Ezatolahi,Bacuna, Swift, Moore, Ilori, Yiadom, Barrow/Sims and there is a decent side there although the goalkeeping position is a problem. Mannone, perhaps, for now.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 07 Oct 2018 11:19

windermereROYAL
finchroyal
Scutterbucketz

warnock get him in.

Isn`t he at Cardiff? :roll:

And still in search of their first win?

I'd have him though, he gets the best out of average players and his teams always play with passion and desire.

Hate him, but love him.

182 posts