[POLL] Is Aluko really that poor?

Is Aluko really that shit?

Yes.
70%
No he has bad form at the moment like most of the team and is just a scapegoat because he cost loads.
20%
He's actually great and will end up being a Kebe if we give him a chance.
4%
Ian Royal.
6%

Total votes: 138
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: [POLL] Is Aluko really that poor?

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2018 20:35

Zip
Snowflake Royal I've recently come to appreciate Coppell in a whole new light. On top of all of his other wonderful achievements and traits, when he bought an expensive waste of space, he stuck them straight in the reserves to rot and got shot asap. Fae, Halford. oxf*rd off, bye bye.

These days, we keep playing them in the hope that someone will see they're shit and still buy them. Or they'll miraculously come good. Pogrebynak, Drenthe, Aluko, Vydra (not shit but a total shambles here)... etc etc. It's like we think we should get what little we can for our money. No. oxf*rd make their life miserable and push them into seeking out another club, because no one's going to come knocking for our shit white elephants.

I wouldn’t include Pog with the others mentioned. He did ok with us

I would. He was shit. He should have got 30 goal a season in the Championship for his pedigree and what we paid him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Is Aluko really that poor?

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 20:35

Zip
Hound Wrote on the other thread - he left Fulham as he wanted a long contract - no other reason, which should immediately have raised alarm bells

He got his long contract which will take him through to retirement. He has no love for Reading, the fans don’t like him, the other players know he is on a big salary, which no doubt fuels some resentment

He joined a crap team and he clearly has no real motivation to do anything about that. He wasn’t great in the first place

There is no way he is turning this around.

Just cut our losses and forget all about him

Did he join a crap team? We had just finished third in the League somhe must have thought he was joining a club with a great chance of making the top flight

Finished 3rd but missing 5 vital players who got us there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 22:40

As in most issues of this nature I had to go Ian Royal.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Oct 2018 23:01

Thought he was an over-rated show pony with no end product when we were initially linked with him and was gobsmacked that we paid more than £1.5m for him.

Now I think he's an over-rated carthorse and would gladly sell him for a pack if pork scratchings.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 23:04

Hound Is he even actually quick? Think that’s a myth

No he’s not. How often does he ever get past a player?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2018 23:39

Old Man Andrews As in most issues of this nature I had to go Ian Royal.

Who’s almost got as many votes as Aluko.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Oct 2018 02:08

I’m not even joking when I say his sister is better than him.

He looks like he has Cerebral Palsy ffs, he should be ashamed to call himself a human let alone a footballer. Hands down the worst sportsman I’ve ever seen, wouldn’t even make the Paralympics. If he was a dog we’d have put him down to put him and us out of misery. He’s Reading FC’s equivalent of shower drain hair gunk. It’s shitty, smelly and useless. You don’t want it to be there but it’s always fcuking there but the only thing you have to do is just get rid of it.

I wonder if he offers any redeeming qualities in his personal life because if not he truly has zero impact on humanity and is a tragic waste of air. If he was Japanese he would have (or at least should have) commuted harakiri long ago. It’s actually remarkable how he hasn’t been arrested for fraud yet. Pretending to be a footballer is illegal isn’t it? He should donate all of his earnings to a blind football academy, because let’s face it, at least he can relate to them.

Ok I think I’m done now.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Oct 2018 07:57

CountryRoyal I’m not even joking when I say his sister is better than him.

He looks like he has Cerebral Palsy ffs, he should be ashamed to call himself a human let alone a footballer. Hands down the worst sportsman I’ve ever seen, wouldn’t even make the Paralympics. If he was a dog we’d have put him down to put him and us out of misery. He’s Reading FC’s equivalent of shower drain hair gunk. It’s shitty, smelly and useless. You don’t want it to be there but it’s always fcuking there but the only thing you have to do is just get rid of it.

I wonder if he offers any redeeming qualities in his personal life because if not he truly has zero impact on humanity and is a tragic waste of air. If he was Japanese he would have (or at least should have) commuted harakiri long ago. It’s actually remarkable how he hasn’t been arrested for fraud yet. Pretending to be a footballer is illegal isn’t it? He should donate all of his earnings to a blind football academy, because let’s face it, at least he can relate to them.

Ok I think I’m done now.

And so I am guessing that you would like him to start on Saturday then!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Oct 2018 07:58

leon
Old Man Andrews As in most issues of this nature I had to go Ian Royal.

Who’s almost got as many votes as Aluko.

There are clear similarities between the two individuals. I think Ian Royal takes a better corner though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Oct 2018 08:41

Hound
Zip
Hound Wrote on the other thread - he left Fulham as he wanted a long contract - no other reason, which should immediately have raised alarm bells

He got his long contract which will take him through to retirement. He has no love for Reading, the fans don’t like him, the other players know he is on a big salary, which no doubt fuels some resentment

He joined a crap team and he clearly has no real motivation to do anything about that. He wasn’t great in the first place

There is no way he is turning this around.

Just cut our losses and forget all about him

Did he join a crap team? We had just finished third in the League somhe must have thought he was joining a club with a great chance of making the top flight

Who are the 5? Ali Al-Habsi and Danny Williams are the only 2 I can think of?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Oct 2018 08:48

NewCorkSeth
Hound
Zip

Kermie, McCleary and Obita?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Oct 2018 08:49

Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth
Hound

Ah. Injuries. Didn't think about that..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2018 08:58

Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth
Hound

Full House

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 04 Oct 2018 11:36

Snowflake Royal I've recently come to appreciate Coppell in a whole new light. On top of all of his other wonderful achievements and traits, when he bought an expensive waste of space, he stuck them straight in the reserves to rot and got shot asap. Fae, Halford. oxf*rd off, bye bye.

These days, we keep playing them in the hope that someone will see they're shit and still buy them. Or they'll miraculously come good. Pogrebynak, Drenthe, Aluko, Vydra (not shit but a total shambles here)... etc etc. It's like we think we should get what little we can for our money. No. oxf*rd make their life miserable and push them into seeking out another club, because no one's going to come knocking for our shit white elephants.

Oh I like this.

While I get why fans are a bit sentimental in transfer dealings, I am pretty convinced that the best way is the Coppell way. Or, indeed, the Clough way - there's a decent summary of his strategy in one of the books in my library. This approach is front and centre - if they're not flying, and might rock the boat, off you go, pal.

Even the Kebe counter - his first season was in the Premiership. It was only when we dropped down a level that he was any cop.

Although Ian's just reminded me of Drenthe. Bugger.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 04 Oct 2018 11:38

As for Aluko - probably talented, but his goal scoring record is a shambles everywhere but Scotland.

Its all the off the ball stuff that does for him and, if you're in a team threatened by relegation, the one thing English fans are going to need to see is a work rate and some guts.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Oct 2018 11:48

The poll really improved this topic.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Oct 2018 11:59

Ok I think I’m done now.

Stop sitting on the fence. Man up!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Oct 2018 12:27

Ok I think I’m done now.

I think somebody has a crush....

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 04 Oct 2018 12:55

I just think he is a player out of form, technically I would say he is a better footballer than Mo Barrow who just seems to be fast.

But then on the flip side how long can I player be out of form for, the least you'd expect is for him to work hard and make things difficult for the opposition.

I'll vote IAN ROYAL

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Oct 2018 13:20

You're only as good as your last game.