BFTG West Brom

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG West Brom

by Millsy » 06 Oct 2018 18:25

Just seen highlights.

Walker should never play for the club again.

First goal was ridiculous.

Third goal why the hell didn't he come out. Even a little?

I'm done with him.

Mannone isn't brilliant but at least he's not awful.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 06 Oct 2018 18:25

Zip
Sutekh
Henley Royal 1 Meite only has another 3 years 51 weeks left

Happy to give Meite a chance, it’s not his fault that injuries are perhaps giving him more opportunity than the club would quite like at this stage of his development. He is, essentially, a youngster still finding his way in the English game at a very physical level. Good luck to him and I obviously hope he starts to improve enough to be able to show why PSG highly rated him.

Suppose Loader was the same age and had played in place of Meite this season and produced exactly the same performances - would everyone be on his back in the same way?

Meite works hard but he isn’t very good technically and lacks composure. Do you think he was a better bet than Novakovich?

I am not on his back i am questioning the club for giving him such a long deal.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Oct 2018 18:30

Ascotexgunner
Henley Royal 1
Zip Good post. Absolutely fully agreed on Southwood and Loader. They may be young but so what they cannot be worse than what we already have. Why on earth did we give Jaakkola another year? McNulty doesn’t look up to it and why was Meite kept at the club and Novakovich loaned out again?

Meite only has another 3 years 51 weeks left

I just heard that from Clement before I turned off......unbelievable. Have they learnt nothing?

You're being harsh.

What you don't realise is he would be a free at the end of the season!!!!!

So... um.. yeah... So what?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Oct 2018 18:32

Sutekh Suppose Loader was the same age and had played in place of Meite this season and produced exactly the same performances - would everyone be on his back in the same way?

Big step up for Loader to start games. Lacks the physicality for this level currently.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2018 18:33

John Madejski's Wallet Not sure how the OP gave Yiadom a 4. He deserves more simply for all the attacking that was coming through him.

In hindsight, it was probably harsh, bump him up to a 5. Just feel that he was sloppy at times and West Brom got inbetween him and Blackett too many times. He also wasted a few attacking opportunities, I will add not down to him though, more down to Clement for choosing him on the wrong side of defence

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 Oct 2018 18:33

Our keeping had been sh*t ever since Beasant appeared imo.

Walker is just just so sloooooooow

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Oct 2018 18:36

Henley Royal 1
Zip
Sutekh
Happy to give Meite a chance, it’s not his fault that injuries are perhaps giving him more opportunity than the club would quite like at this stage of his development. He is, essentially, a youngster still finding his way in the English game at a very physical level. Good luck to him and I obviously hope he starts to improve enough to be able to show why PSG highly rated him.

Suppose Loader was the same age and had played in place of Meite this season and produced exactly the same performances - would everyone be on his back in the same way?

Meite works hard but he isn’t very good technically and lacks composure. Do you think he was a better bet than Novakovich?

I am not on his back i am questioning the club for giving him such a long deal.

My comment was not addressed to you Henners

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Oct 2018 18:37

John Madejski's Wallet Our keeping had been sh*t ever since Beasant appeared imo.

He is huge and with that I suspect slower reflexes.I reckon Mannone will play against Millwall.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 Oct 2018 18:41

Zip
John Madejski's Wallet Our keeping had been sh*t ever since Beasant appeared imo.

He is huge and with that I suspect slower reflexes.I reckon Mannone will play against Millwall.

That first goal was slow reading of the game. Utter gash

Still, Mannone is atrocious....

Kulshaw72RFC

Re: West Brom (A) - Leaving the game/back from the game

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Oct 2018 18:47

CavershamRoyal
windermereROYAL Talk on twitter that Gourlay was getting stick from the away fans, did that happen?

Yep, lots of anti-Gourlay chants at the end of the game.

Yeah there was genuine hatrid towards him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2018 18:59

Walker let us down today. Horrible second half display cost us the game.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Oct 2018 18:59

Sutekh Happy to give Meite a chance, it’s not his fault that injuries are perhaps giving him more opportunity than the club would quite like at this stage of his development. He is, essentially, a youngster still finding his way in the English game at a very physical level. Good luck to him and I obviously hope he starts to improve enough to be able to show why PSG highly rated him.

He's 22, only a few weeks younger than Kelly and a year older than Sims. He's played over 50 games at this level and 24 for us. PSG released him after playing 2 minutes. He's not inexperienced by any means.

Given the stick Kelly has received this season I think it's safe to say that an academy player playing like Meite would still be being criticised.

Main mitigating factors I see for Meite is that he hasn't had a proper run in the side and when he has played, he's been shifted all over the park. Can forgive him looking a bit out-of-sorts when asked to play as a fill-in striker, but he's not looked much better when he's played as a winger.

Think he's being picked ahead of Loader at least partly for the similar reasons to why Mooen Ali bats above Joe Root for England. Send your best player in too early and you risk not getting as much out of them if the conditions aren't right. Not necessarily sensible to drop Loader and Southwood into losing teams - in the long run, we could get more from them if we wait.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Oct 2018 19:02

Kulshaw72RFC
CavershamRoyal
windermereROYAL Talk on twitter that Gourlay was getting stick from the away fans, did that happen?

Yep, lots of anti-Gourlay chants at the end of the game.

Yeah there was genuine hatrid towards him.

Good! He needs to go

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2018 19:03

It was all Walker's fault. He is the smallest 6'6 bloke I've ever seen. Couldn't catch a cold.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2018 19:04

SCIAG
Sutekh Happy to give Meite a chance, it’s not his fault that injuries are perhaps giving him more opportunity than the club would quite like at this stage of his development. He is, essentially, a youngster still finding his way in the English game at a very physical level. Good luck to him and I obviously hope he starts to improve enough to be able to show why PSG highly rated him.

He's 22, only a few weeks younger than Kelly and a year older than Sims. He's played over 50 games at this level and 24 for us. PSG released him after playing 2 minutes. He's not inexperienced by any means.

Given the stick Kelly has received this season I think it's safe to say that an academy player playing like Meite would still be being criticised.

Main mitigating factors I see for Meite is that he hasn't had a proper run in the side and when he has played, he's been shifted all over the park. Can forgive him looking a bit out-of-sorts when asked to play as a fill-in striker, but he's not looked much better when he's played as a winger.

Think he's being picked ahead of Loader at least partly for the similar reasons to why Mooen Ali bats above Joe Root for England. Send your best player in too early and you risk not getting as much out of them if the conditions aren't right. Not necessarily sensible to drop Loader and Southwood into losing teams - in the long run, we could get more from them if we wait.

How can I report this post for lack of ranting and common-sense?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Oct 2018 19:04

Old Man Andrews Walker let us down today. Horrible second half display cost us the game.

Would we really have got a result with Mannone in goal? Can't blame Clement for persisting with him in goal. One more error and he definitely should be back on the bench.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2018 19:05

Old Man Andrews Walker let us down today. Horrible second half display cost us the game.

I've never played keeper but those were VERY bad goals from his POV.

The first looked like a routine catch

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2018 19:07

Snowball

I've never played keeper but those were VERY bad goals from his POV.

The first looked like a routine catch

He has no spacial awareness. I think he thought it was going out so left it not realising Gayle was behind him. Looked like an amateur today.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Oct 2018 19:18

We don’t have a keeper that commands the confidence of the defence. We don’t have a dominant centre half that can win headers consistently. O’Shea might be that person but I gather he is now injured. We don’t have a leader to organise our defence.
Surprisingly the Ezatolahi/Bacuna/Swift combination might work meaning that our defence is now a bigger problem than central midfield.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Oct 2018 19:36

How we miss Williams and Al Habsi.