BFTG West Brom

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG West Brom

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2018 20:04

John Madejski's Wallet 1st half was one of the most enjoyable 45min of football I've seen in a few seasons.

McNulty was making very clever runs tbf to him. Just not used. Swift and Yiadom were fantastic going forward and Ezataholi was reading the game really well.

2nd half. Early goal and the rest of it can fukk off.

Walker at fault for 3 of the goals imo. Just so slow to move and react to any of the headers.

......if only Swift's shot at 1-1 hadn't gone straight at the keeper.

I've really liked what I've seen of McNulty. He's busy, he tries clever runs and positive touches. He oxf*rd up a bit too often and he hasn't scored yet... but I think he'll be an asset in League One.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 06 Oct 2018 20:07

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Excellent 1st half, with Swifty running the game; then Walker has a howler, heads go down as a man; Clements sits on his hands for ten minutes instead of changing it immediately (he has to go-that 2nd half was a disgrace) and to cap it all we just aren't fit enough.

IMHO:

Walker 2: An absolute howler on the 1st goal-killed it for us-don't want to see him again.

Gunter 5: He was OK-until he decided to sit down in the penalty area.

Yiadom5: Excellent 1st half-then 2nd half he was absolutely knacked-what's the problem ?
Ilori 5: Did nothing wrong-yet we shipped four goals.
Moore 5: Ditto. But TBF, one incredible interception to save a certain goal.
Ezad 5: Started well then fell apart under fatigue and stopped doing his job.
Bacuna 7: Our best player over both halves; at least he kept going.
Swift 5: 9/10 1st half-then looked as if he was running through treacle in the 2nd-what are the fitness team doing ?
Blackett 5: Oh dear-his favoured position-left of a three, but just devoid of any concentration.
Mc nUlty 3: An absolute passenger; one exquisite pass to Meite 1st half , but whoever originally coached him has badly let him down-despite his speed, he just does not know the areas to run into.
Meite 4: Cant fault him for effort-but there is just zero quality.

I left after the 4th goal went in-along with hundreds of others. I have never left so early before.

Ref: No problems-except Ilori's booking for throwing the ball way was so inconsistent-payers do this all the time and nothing is done.

Disappointed with Brom-if we were half fit, with a decent goalie; we could have nicked something there.

Enjoyed the day; until that 2nd half.

I still don't think we will go down-but it is going to be nick and tuck until next May.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Oct 2018 21:09

Hound Seen the highlights - when did we suddnely become so crap at defending corners?

Looks like we played superbly first half. Just shows how much of a mental issue it is with the side. The quality is obviously there, the mentality is awful

Football a simple game. We need a centre half than can win headers and a decent keeper, not a free transfer from Colchester. A good centre half would have cleared both those set pieces and a good keeper would haver stopped the first and the second. The rest of the team lose heart but who wouldn't. I just wonder how many points we would have with both those??

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Oct 2018 21:10

Kulshaw72RFC How we miss Williams and Al Habsi.

Spot on.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Oct 2018 21:56

So frustrating.

We were brilliant in the first half and should have been 3 up at half time if Blackett and McNulty had a little bit of composure.

Then we depressingly and predictably fell apart. Walker stupidly thinking the ball was going out of play giving one of, if not the, best strikers in the division the easiest goal he'll score all season. WBA had space everywhere and looked like they were going to score every time they went forward. The third goal typifies this team, Swift misses a chance and we drop our heads, start jogging back and not paying attention whilst they were breaking on us at speed.

Mcnulty isn't good enough for this level. Novakovich should have stayed and we should have saved ourselves £1.5m.

Meite is still learning and as someone said, due to injuries he's probably playing more than we would ideally want him to.

Swift and Ezatolahi both played very well in the first half but Swift went missing in the second and Ezatolahi ran out of steam. They both need to work out how to keep it going for the full 90.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Oct 2018 22:03

Westwood52 From the sublime to the ridiculous. Excellent 1st half, with Swifty running the game; then Walker has a howler, heads go down as a man; Clements sits on his hands for ten minutes instead of changing it immediately (he has to go-that 2nd half was a disgrace) and to cap it all we just aren't fit enough.

IMHO:

Walker 2: An absolute howler on the 1st goal-killed it for us-don't want to see him again.

Gunter 5: He was OK-until he decided to sit down in the penalty area.

Yiadom5: Excellent 1st half-then 2nd half he was absolutely knacked-what's the problem ?
Ilori 5: Did nothing wrong-yet we shipped four goals.
Moore 5: Ditto. But TBF, one incredible interception to save a certain goal.
Ezad 5: Started well then fell apart under fatigue and stopped doing his job.
Bacuna 7: Our best player over both halves; at least he kept going.
Swift 5: 9/10 1st half-then looked as if he was running through treacle in the 2nd-what are the fitness team doing ?
Blackett 5: Oh dear-his favoured position-left of a three, but just devoid of any concentration.
Mc nUlty 3: An absolute passenger; one exquisite pass to Meite 1st half , but whoever originally coached him has badly let him down-despite his speed, he just does not know the areas to run into.
Meite 4: Cant fault him for effort-but there is just zero quality.

I left after the 4th goal went in-along with hundreds of others. I have never left so early before.

Ref: No problems-except Ilori's booking for throwing the ball way was so inconsistent-payers do this all the time and nothing is done.

Disappointed with Brom-if we were half fit, with a decent goalie; we could have nicked something there.

Enjoyed the day; until that 2nd half.

I still don't think we will go down-but it is going to be nick and tuck until next May.

What conditioning work are this lot doing? I cannot believe there still seem to be problems with their physical fitness.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 06 Oct 2018 22:07

As others have said we had a great first half and somehow completely capitulated in the second half. I injured my shin for the first goal, we really looked like we'd win. It all turned to shit with Walker watching a cross and a tap in then us being completely unable to defend set pieces. TBF the Baggies were clinical they took every chance and placed it right in the corner, ignoring Walker for the first.

We should have got something from that game, West Brom were so poor, yet it looks like a walkover, That makes losing so badly worse.

The Vine was great, I avoided the Goat curry and went for the very spicy chicken tika 9/10. I was too full for the chicken Chettinad post match,

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Oct 2018 22:07

sandman
Swift and Ezatolahi both played very well in the first half but Swift went missing in the second and Ezatolahi ran out of steam. They both need to work out how to keep it going for the full 90.

Need to play every game and not overtrain. Clement needs to keep faith with the core of the team and let them develope. Far too much chopping and changing.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Oct 2018 22:08

I can understand why Walker had been keeping Mannone out of the team but in terms of consistency, Mannone is just better and needs to come back in, however I think we do need a new number 1.

This team is so bloody fragile though, going strong at 1-0 but half-time disrupts us and an early goal after the break and the team just melts.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 Oct 2018 23:23

PieEater The Vine was great, I avoided the Goat curry and went for the very spicy chicken tika 9/10. I was too full for the chicken Chettinad post match,

....I couldn't eat the chicken tikka. Too hot :oops: .

Great pub though

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Oct 2018 00:15

We were brilliant first half.

I saw the stats on the screen in the concourse at half time and we had 14 attempts on goal versus Albions 5. We had 5 shots on target versus 0 for the Baggies, however the Albion did dominate possession with 67% to our 33%. Definitely first half we were much better than them with how we used the football and how we went forward.

Yiadom was excellent in his attacking play. McNulty really linked up the play nicely in forward areas showing good movement and passing. He should have buried his chance though. Ezatolahi was immense in the middle and is really starting to show his potential.

Stupid mistakes cost us in the second half and we just threw away a game that we looked to be in control of. As other posters have mentioned, football is simple. You just need good players. Walker is not a good keeper. Mannone really should be back for Millwall. I think there are plenty of positives but we do have weaknesses that need to be addressed. A strong keeper should be a priority in January.
Last edited by Top Flight on 07 Oct 2018 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Oct 2018 00:20

Also West Brom gave us a lesson in ruthless, efficient, clinical attacking play. They come forward with speed and players like Dwight Gayle, Harvey Barnes and Jay Rodriguez absolutely busting a gut to get in the box and get on the end of things. Gayle seems to have a real knack of being in the right place at the right moment.

The Albion are the best attacking team in the division and our boys should try to learn from their speed, desire to get forward and sheer ruthlessness.

Just like Brentford last Saturday set the example of a team that plays with passion, hunger and desire. Our lads really need to take notice of what it takes to be successful in this division and how to be in and around the top end of the table.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Oct 2018 00:41

I'm pissed atm but will post a BFTG tomorrow. Just wanted to say the revisionist views on Williams are a bit much. He was heavily criticised while here and rarely played well enough to influence a game.

If anything Bacuna, despite playing in a team with as low a morale as possible, has shown himself to be a superior player.

Midfield is not the problem imo. Well at least not in and of itself. Without Bod in the team we barely look like scoring a goal and the tactics we have deployed have been counter to our efforts to win. In short Clement is the issue. An experienced manager would have found a base team much faster. The change must come soon.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Oct 2018 01:47

Top Flight Also West Brom gave us a lesson in ruthless, efficient, clinical attacking play. They come forward with speed and players like Dwight Gayle, Harvey Barnes and Jay Rodriguez absolutely busting a gut to get in the box and get on the end of things. Gayle seems to have a real knack of being in the right place at the right moment.

The Albion are the best attacking team in the division and our boys should try to learn from their speed, desire to get forward and sheer ruthlessness.

Just like Brentford last Saturday set the example of a team that plays with passion, hunger and desire. Our lads really need to take notice of what it takes to be successful in this division and how to be in and around the top end of the table.

Sorry, this as with all your posts is deluded, happy clappy bullshit.

12 games 9 points. Only a fcuking moron would say the manager is doing anything other than a shit job.

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 07 Oct 2018 08:56

lost again

finchroyal

Re: West Brom (A) - Leaving the game/back from the game

by finchroyal » 07 Oct 2018 08:57

Old Man Andrews
Snowball
Old Man Andrews Walker let us down today. Horrible second half display cost us the game.

I've never played keeper but those were VERY bad goals from his POV.

The first looked like a routine catch

He has no spacial awareness. I think he thought it was going out so left it not realising Gayle was behind him. Looked like an amateur today.

plays like one all the time

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Oct 2018 10:13

finchroyal lost again

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn`t know.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 07 Oct 2018 10:26

John Madejski's Wallet Our keeping had been sh*t ever since Beasant appeared imo.

Two time player of the season Ali Al Habsi disagrees with you.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2018 10:41

NewCorkSeth I'm pissed atm but will post a BFTG tomorrow. Just wanted to say the revisionist views on Williams are a bit much. He was heavily criticised while here and rarely played well enough to influence a game.

If anything Bacuna, despite playing in a team with as low a morale as possible, has shown himself to be a superior player.

Midfield is not the problem imo. Well at least not in and of itself. Without Bod in the team we barely look like scoring a goal and the tactics we have deployed have been counter to our efforts to win. In short Clement is the issue. An experienced manager would have found a base team much faster. The change must come soon.

Yep agreed. There is enough talent in this squad that should see us well clear of trouble but it’s not happening. I do think with Ezatolahi, Bacuna and Swift we now have a competitive midfield. We need a better goalkeeper than we currently have and a big centre half who can dominate in the air.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Oct 2018 10:49

NewCorkSeth I'm pissed atm but will post a BFTG tomorrow. Just wanted to say the revisionist views on Williams are a bit much. He was heavily criticised while here and rarely played well enough to influence a game.

No, he was under appreciated here. And now you're all starting to realise how good he was and how crucial he was to setting a tempo and being the one to drive the team forward whilst the others were fiddling about slowly knocking the ball around our own half.