Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7618
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Hound » 10 Oct 2018 13:37

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Hound wrote:Interesting that PC has mentioned that the large squad if causing issues behind the scenes, players moping around etc

most proactive thing that can be done by the club is making sure we are getting rid of the likes of Edwards, McShane, Pelle Clement, Aluko, Harriott or McCleary on 1st January and getting loans sorted for Richards, Loader, Barrett, and possibly RInomhota


The club are so tight though. You and I know the club would have to take a big loss on all of the players you mentioned in order to get rid but I don't think Gourlay will allow it, too tight and too proud.


quite possibly true on his own signings - but Harriott, McCleary, McShane, Clement may be in the firing line. Can't see Edwards playing again for us either

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1925
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Oct 2018 14:41

Maneki Neko wrote:
Forbury Lion wrote:Fan expectations/patience/general unhappiness or indifference - Owners issue a statement of intentions/game plan, Be more open - actually admit things are bad rather than try to suppress any bad news.

Atmosphere & Attendance - Reduce ticket prices & offer some incentive to season ticket holders who turn up (free beer voucher that can only be used on that day?) then hopefully have a full house/better atmosphere..... unless they all boo/protest! Maybe the club could engage STAR and offer some £'s towards another Beach Day party or something positive rather than a protest/pants day?
The


as for attendance- we already lose a lot of money every year. people will come if the "product is good"(it isn't)
you could literally charge a tenner a game right now and I still wouldn't bother.


If Reading FC is a product, I just feel like I've been sold FIFA19.
Been sold the same old sh#t, shooting is rubbish, defensive AI is hopeless, slow and laggy in places, fans are leaving, product is out of ideas and I'm struggling to justify the cost.

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Elm Park Kid » 10 Oct 2018 14:55

I think that Clement should just be allowed to get on with the job this season. Let managers manage and don't worry about league positions unless we are under serious threat of relegation.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6336
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Oct 2018 15:40

Elm Park Kid wrote:I think that Clement should just be allowed to get on with the job this season. Let managers manage and don't worry about league positions unless we are under serious threat of relegation.


Don't you think we are under threat of relegation?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3991
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 22:46

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Top Flight » 10 Oct 2018 16:29

Of course we are under threat from relegation but we have been in that position last season ans this season.

A manager needs to be given a chance to spend time with his players, work with them and move them on if they are unable or unwilling to perform. The players need to be in fear for their jobs much more than the manager otherwise the managers hands are tied.

It's useless and quite pathetic to keep jumping on the managers back after a couple of bad results. Clement cannot turn the ship around by himself. He needs to be supported. As he seems like he knows what he is doing, I'm gonna support him to the hilt. The problems at the club are elsewhere. Clement is fixing it. He needs time and we have to suffer in the meantime. When the success eventually comes it will taste much sweeter for those who backed him and supported him when times were tough.


Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7618
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Hound » 10 Oct 2018 16:34

All very well TF but he needs to stop making obvious mistakes so regularly. Often mistakes he owns up to afterwards

Does sympathise with the ridiculous squad size and having to keep a 30 man squad of average players happy

El Diablo
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: 03 Oct 2012 13:20

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by El Diablo » 10 Oct 2018 16:41

Transfer policy for the past few years has been a hopeless shambles, and thats been addressed. Tevreden has been moved out.

Lets hope the new Guy has a better idea of whats required.

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Elm Park Kid » 10 Oct 2018 18:58

Victor Meldrew wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:I think that Clement should just be allowed to get on with the job this season. Let managers manage and don't worry about league positions unless we are under serious threat of relegation.


Don't you think we are under threat of relegation?



No one gets relegated in October.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6336
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Oct 2018 19:42

Elm Park Kid wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:I think that Clement should just be allowed to get on with the job this season. Let managers manage and don't worry about league positions unless we are under serious threat of relegation.


Don't you think we are under threat of relegation?



No one gets relegated in October.


Of course they don't but we have all seen with our own eyes how dreadful we are this season, particularly at home, and with the poor points tally earned so far it is probably going to take mid-table form for the rest of the season to avoid relegation.
As I see it, the prospect of relegation is real and now that Clement has been with us for 6 months I would have hoped for better from this spineless set of players.


Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Elm Park Kid » 10 Oct 2018 23:17

Victor Meldrew wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
Don't you think we are under threat of relegation?



No one gets relegated in October.


Of course they don't but we have all seen with our own eyes how dreadful we are this season, particularly at home, and with the poor points tally earned so far it is probably going to take mid-table form for the rest of the season to avoid relegation.
As I see it, the prospect of relegation is real and now that Clement has been with us for 6 months I would have hoped for better from this spineless set of players.


It's too early to say anything at the moment. We only just survived relegation last season so we can't say that how we are doing is completely against expectations. Just let him get on with it and cast judgements in the new year. No one can say that bringing a new manager in would make any immediate difference.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3991
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 22:46

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Top Flight » 10 Oct 2018 23:29

Victor Meldrew wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
Don't you think we are under threat of relegation?



No one gets relegated in October.


Of course they don't but we have all seen with our own eyes how dreadful we are this season, particularly at home, and with the poor points tally earned so far it is probably going to take mid-table form for the rest of the season to avoid relegation.
As I see it, the prospect of relegation is real and now that Clement has been with us for 6 months I would have hoped for better from this spineless set of players.


This is a major part of the problem when supporters, owners, radio broadcasters, journalists, Nobbers etc... have ridiculous expectations of what a manager can achieve with an underperforming, unbalanced, probably not good enough squad in just 6 months and only one transfer window.

People need to show more patience, understanding and support. It will take years to turn this around. We can't keep changing managers every few months. This is why the club has continued this steady descent. If we want to start climbing the table again we need to support the gaffer and give him the tools, the time and the support to do his job.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7504
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Sutekh » 11 Oct 2018 09:19

Top Flight wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:

No one gets relegated in October.


Of course they don't but we have all seen with our own eyes how dreadful we are this season, particularly at home, and with the poor points tally earned so far it is probably going to take mid-table form for the rest of the season to avoid relegation.
As I see it, the prospect of relegation is real and now that Clement has been with us for 6 months I would have hoped for better from this spineless set of players.


This is a major part of the problem when supporters, owners, radio broadcasters, journalists, Nobbers etc... have ridiculous expectations of what a manager can achieve with an underperforming, unbalanced, probably not good enough squad in just 6 months and only one transfer window.

People need to show more patience, understanding and support. It will take years to turn this around. We can't keep changing managers every few months. This is why the club has continued this steady descent. If we want to start climbing the table again we need to support the gaffer and give him the tools, the time and the support to do his job.


So, should Jaap still be in command?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5663
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2018 09:20

Sutekh wrote:
Top Flight wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
Of course they don't but we have all seen with our own eyes how dreadful we are this season, particularly at home, and with the poor points tally earned so far it is probably going to take mid-table form for the rest of the season to avoid relegation.
As I see it, the prospect of relegation is real and now that Clement has been with us for 6 months I would have hoped for better from this spineless set of players.


This is a major part of the problem when supporters, owners, radio broadcasters, journalists, Nobbers etc... have ridiculous expectations of what a manager can achieve with an underperforming, unbalanced, probably not good enough squad in just 6 months and only one transfer window.

People need to show more patience, understanding and support. It will take years to turn this around. We can't keep changing managers every few months. This is why the club has continued this steady descent. If we want to start climbing the table again we need to support the gaffer and give him the tools, the time and the support to do his job.


So, should Jaap still be in command?


We'd be in League 1 if he'd have stayed, I am 100% certain of that.


User avatar
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8301
Joined: 09 Nov 2016 00:25

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by BR0B0T » 11 Oct 2018 13:10

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
Top Flight wrote:
This is a major part of the problem when supporters, owners, radio broadcasters, journalists, Nobbers etc... have ridiculous expectations of what a manager can achieve with an underperforming, unbalanced, probably not good enough squad in just 6 months and only one transfer window.

People need to show more patience, understanding and support. It will take years to turn this around. We can't keep changing managers every few months. This is why the club has continued this steady descent. If we want to start climbing the table again we need to support the gaffer and give him the tools, the time and the support to do his job.


So, should Jaap still be in command?


We'd be in League 1 if he'd have stayed, I am 100% certain of that.


no you're not

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5663
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2018 13:12

BR0B0T wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
So, should Jaap still be in command?


We'd be in League 1 if he'd have stayed, I am 100% certain of that.


no you're not


If you look at the form and how weak we were at the end of his reign there is no way we would have picked up those two vital home wins we got under Clement. I know Jaap is your hero and all that but we were going down with him in charge.

User avatar
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8301
Joined: 09 Nov 2016 00:25

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by BR0B0T » 11 Oct 2018 13:17

Old Man Andrews wrote:
BR0B0T wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
We'd be in League 1 if he'd have stayed, I am 100% certain of that.


no you're not


If you look at the form and how weak we were at the end of his reign there is no way we would have picked up those two vital home wins we got under Clement. I know Jaap is your hero and all that but we were going down with him in charge.


maybe...but you are not 100% certain are you....you even doubt that

are we 100% certain you are not Kes! Dunno!

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5663
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2018 13:21

BR0B0T wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
BR0B0T wrote:
no you're not


If you look at the form and how weak we were at the end of his reign there is no way we would have picked up those two vital home wins we got under Clement. I know Jaap is your hero and all that but we were going down with him in charge.


maybe...but you are not 100% certain are you....you even doubt that

are we 100% certain you are not Kes! Dunno!


Pretty sure you must be 100% obsessed with Kes the way you go on about him on a daily basis. Is that all you have to try and win an argument you have already lost? 100% bellend.

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Oct 2018 15:54

Sutekh wrote:
Top Flight wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
Of course they don't but we have all seen with our own eyes how dreadful we are this season, particularly at home, and with the poor points tally earned so far it is probably going to take mid-table form for the rest of the season to avoid relegation.
As I see it, the prospect of relegation is real and now that Clement has been with us for 6 months I would have hoped for better from this spineless set of players.


This is a major part of the problem when supporters, owners, radio broadcasters, journalists, Nobbers etc... have ridiculous expectations of what a manager can achieve with an underperforming, unbalanced, probably not good enough squad in just 6 months and only one transfer window.

People need to show more patience, understanding and support. It will take years to turn this around. We can't keep changing managers every few months. This is why the club has continued this steady descent. If we want to start climbing the table again we need to support the gaffer and give him the tools, the time and the support to do his job.


So, should Jaap still be in command?


I feel like there was a very specific problem with Stam that meant he needed to go. To go from the previous season to what was happening with the club at the time there must have been something very, very wrong. He was given sufficient time to turn it round and he didn't.

If think Clement should have more leeway because he obviously inherited a worse team with a worse mentality than what Stam had at the start of last season.

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11400
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by RoyalBlue » 11 Oct 2018 19:01

russyb wrote:instead of moaning that we gave Meite a 4 year contract , get the coaches to work with him on ball retention and trapping the ball a bit better. In fact this should be basic stuff with all the players.



So being able to consistently hit the target when shooting isn't important? :wink:

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2627
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Watching the revolving door at the County Ground

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Lower West » 11 Oct 2018 22:57

russyb wrote:instead of moaning that we gave Meite a 4 year contract , get the coaches to work with him on ball retention and trapping the ball a bit better. In fact this should be basic stuff with all the players.



^^^^^ Get behind the players. Accept the majority are young and inexperienced. Though are talented enough to improve and get better. Shorey was far from the finished article when he first arrived from Orient. Positioning was terrible. Often found himself exposed. With coaching and game time he improved.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: biff, Hound, Huckleberry Hound, Royals and Racers and 83 guests

It is currently 15 Dec 2018 23:15