19%
Rotherham
19%

Total votes: 334
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Teams to be Relegated 18-19

by CountryRoyal » 11 Oct 2018 15:38

windermereROYAL Christ on a bike 22 loyal royals so far think we will go down. what a fcuked up fan base we have... keep the faith.

What a daft comment.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Oct 2018 15:44

Coppells Lost Coat It goes to show how tight this league is when looking at the relegation candidates, after 12 games, are only 4/5 points from play offs.....

But i do think Bolton have done really well in the last few seasons to stay up, this year they might be out of luck.

Isn't this only their second season back in the Champ?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Oct 2018 15:46

ankeny Reading,Rotherham and Hull City

ATM best bet IMO

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Oct 2018 15:52

tee peg
windermereROYAL Christ on a bike 22 loyal royals so far think we will go down. what a fcuked up fan base we have... keep the faith.

So what evidence do you have that we are good enough to stay up?

I will make a judgement after 20+ games not bloody 12.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Oct 2018 16:07

windermereROYAL
tee peg

Fair comment ,25% of the season is probably not enough to form an opinion..................

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Oct 2018 16:22

Ipswich, Millwall and ....................Wigan (not in poll).

I fear Rotherham's home record will keep them up.

er, not sure what record will keep us up, but I'm a Loyalroyal.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Oct 2018 16:47

tee peg
windermereROYAL
tee peg

Fair comment ,25% of the season is probably not enough to form an opinion..................

Correct. :roll:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Oct 2018 16:49

LUX Ipswich, Millwall and ....................Wigan (not in poll).

They're not in the options because they won't go down and also to prevent daft posting like you have insisted upon doing anyway.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Oct 2018 17:09

Pepe the Horseman
Coppells Lost Coat It goes to show how tight this league is when looking at the relegation candidates, after 12 games, are only 4/5 points from play offs.....

But i do think Bolton have done really well in the last few seasons to stay up, this year they might be out of luck.

Isn't this only their second season back in the Champ?

Yes and my comment is completely wrong...... How perception completely clouds the mind.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Oct 2018 17:25

LUX Ipswich, Millwall and ....................Wigan (not in poll).

Woah Lux....Wigan...Really?
What do you know we don't.......should I be heading for the bookies?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2018 17:53

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews John, tell him he has to stop doing that. I have warned him before.

Why Old Man Andrews?

Do you own the right to do chancery cursive script on this website?

Yes, yes I do.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 11 Oct 2018 18:38

Rotherham - really struggling for open play goals, and unable to effectively play the attacking style of football that got them promoted.
Ipswich - massively overachieved last season despite playing awful football, finished mid table pretty much solely due to McCarthy and his set piece focus, his reward was the sack. Hurst is solid but they are much worse than their finish last season suggests.
Us - we played better in the first few games and were unlucky (/making stupid mistakes), then played worse but got some results (+ 1 false dawn good win vs Hull), and now are playing badly and getting what we deserve. Can see the atmosphere getting very toxic if we don't win the home games against Millwall and Ipswich, and a negative spiral thereafter. Ultimately we look so weak at generating chances - we essentially rely on Swift who doesn't look fully fit or in form, and I think it's unlikely Bod will be able to continue his hot start, unless he is suddenly a different player to the rest of his career. Barrow was so key last season and scored more than stats suggest he should have - his regression back to the mean this season is also damaging.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Oct 2018 20:14

windermereROYAL
tee peg
windermereROYAL

More shite from windermere.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Oct 2018 20:56

CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL
tee peg

Appreciate the constructive disapproval .

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Oct 2018 21:19

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL

Anytime x

But for the sake of constructivity, thinking Reading are one of the favourites for relegation doesn’t constitute being “a bad fan”, it’s relatively realistic. Also 25% represents a fairly good sample size for estimated trends and forecasts.

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 11 Oct 2018 21:47

Last season after 10 games the bottom 7 included Brentford (and us) after 46 games swap out Brentford for Hull. So after 10 games 6 out of 7 were still there at season end. Eventually the trap door will open for us if we stay mired at this level. Luck may desert us this year. And to be clear - we are in a relegation struggle almost from day 1 of the season, none of this we're a talented squad too good to go down crap.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 12 Oct 2018 10:07

CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

Anytime x

But for the sake of constructivity, thinking Reading are one of the favourites for relegation doesn’t constitute being “a bad fan”, it’s relatively realistic. Also 25% represents a fairly good sample size for estimated trends and forecasts.

Hear hear . :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Oct 2018 14:10

fred sharpes nose Last season after 10 games the bottom 7 included Brentford (and us) after 46 games swap out Brentford for Hull. So after 10 games 6 out of 7 were still there at season end. Eventually the trap door will open for us if we stay mired at this level. Luck may desert us this year. And to be clear - we are in a relegation struggle almost from day 1 of the season, none of this we're a talented squad too good to go down crap.

Yep. Ten games is the point the table definitely has meaning. If at least two of the current bottom six don't go down come the end of the season it'll be a surprise.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 15:57

Snowflake Royal
fred sharpes nose Last season after 10 games the bottom 7 included Brentford (and us) after 46 games swap out Brentford for Hull. So after 10 games 6 out of 7 were still there at season end. Eventually the trap door will open for us if we stay mired at this level. Luck may desert us this year. And to be clear - we are in a relegation struggle almost from day 1 of the season, none of this we're a talented squad too good to go down crap.

Yep. Ten games is the point the table definitely has meaning. If at least two of the current bottom six don't go down come the end of the season it'll be a surprise.

Who do you think will go down, Snowy?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 12 Oct 2018 16:13

Brain Traysers Us - we played better in the first few games and were unlucky (/making stupid mistakes), then played worse but got some results (+ 1 false dawn good win vs Hull), and now are playing badly and getting what we deserve. Can see the atmosphere getting very toxic if we don't win the home games against Millwall and Ipswich, and a negative spiral thereafter. Ultimately we look so weak at generating chances - we essentially rely on Swift who doesn't look fully fit or in form, and I think it's unlikely Bod will be able to continue his hot start, unless he is suddenly a different player to the rest of his career. Barrow was so key last season and scored more than stats suggest he should have - his regression back to the mean this season is also damaging.

Barrow has really regressed under Clement (so has Kelly).

Barrow is struggling to get in the team. It’s been huge, because we’re talking about an offensive player, who was our best player(?), player of the season, and who could command a big fee if we sold.

If Clement is as good as some say, he needs to get Barrow back on track, and even improve him over what he was, for several reasons.