by stealthpapes » 20 Oct 2018 17:40

heLOLmet

Kulshaw72RFC

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h) sponsored by Terry Hurlock

by Kulshaw72RFC » 20 Oct 2018 17:43

Hound Goalscoring isn’t a problem generally

Bod on 7, Baldock on 4, Meite on 4. That’s pretty decent

Lack of clean sheets is still a worry but that’s a massive 3 points

That's actually really good goalscoring rate for this stage. Wonder what last season's was?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2018 17:47

I assume Jaakkola is no longer the worst keeper in history that half of HNA declared him at the tail end of last season?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 20 Oct 2018 17:53

Snowflake Royal I assume Jaakkola is no longer the worst keeper in history that half of HNA declared him at the tail end of last season?

Nope. By all accounts he kept us in it. Worst goalkeeper in history was Sam Walker after last week no?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 20 Oct 2018 18:00

Kulshaw72RFC What is wrong with saying that throwing bottles inside a football stadiums is wrong and the person who did it should be banned?

Because it's facile?

I think murder is a bit of a no-no too.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2018 18:02

Snowflake Royal I assume Jaakkola is no longer the worst keeper in history that half of HNA declared him at the tail end of last season?

Even Simon Sheppard had a good game once :wink:

Although it's worked out today, I do think there is a wider issue of giving Jaakkola a new contract and then signing Walker, thereby carrying 3 First team keepers and not utilising the academy, especially when none of the 3 are outstanding.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 20 Oct 2018 18:11

Platypuss
Kulshaw72RFC What is wrong with saying that throwing bottles inside a football stadiums is wrong and the person who did it should be banned?

Because it's facile?

I think murder is a bit of a no-no too.

That's some "theroyalbox" logic there.

It most likely wasn't but if it was a full bottle thrown at speed and hit a child or an elderly citizen that could have ended badly.

There should be no place for throwing bottles in a football stadium and I hope the person who done it is caught.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Oct 2018 18:12

Ian threw the bottle.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Oct 2018 18:17

From Despair To Where? Looking on the Millwall forum, some interesting comments about Cooper "Cooper getting bullied", Cooper losing his man and giving him a free header".

So basically the same issues as he had for us 2 years ago.

Hope you got a tetanus injection.

Went on there yesterday and they really are the lowest of the low. Tommy Robinson loving, knuckle dragging c[u]nts.
Last edited by sandman on 20 Oct 2018 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2018 18:25

sandman
From Despair To Where? Looking on the Millwall forum, some interesting comments about Cooper "Cooper getting bullied", Cooper losing his man and giving him a free header".

So basically the same issues as he had for us 2 years ago.

Hope you got a tetanus injection.

Went on there yesterday and they really are the lowest of the low. Tommy Robinson loving knuckle dragging c[u]nts.

No one likes them, they don`t care, 150 times in the first half, not once in the 2nd. well thats those cnuts out the way for at least another season, all we have now is the Yorkshire scum with MOT.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Oct 2018 18:37

Loads of Millwall supporters getting so, so angry today and so much so they had to go and find a steward to hide behind whilst being angry.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Oct 2018 18:37

I think that match showed exactly why Millwall signed Cooper (he's terrifying) but also why he sold him (he can't defend).

We defended really well and took our chances, although it despite the good result there wasn't as much to write home about as usual. Look forward to Ezatolhi and Bodvarsson coming back in.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Oct 2018 18:45

SS highlights suggest the penalty was nailed on. Dreadful challenge and didn’t get the ball

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Oct 2018 18:46

Old Man Andrews Ian threw the bottle.

sounds just the sort of thing he'd do #LAD #BANTZ

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2018 18:56

From Despair To Where?

Even Simon Sheppard had a good game once :wink:

Although it's worked out today, I do think there is a wider issue of giving Jaakkola a new contract and then signing Walker, thereby carrying 3 First team keepers and not utilising the academy, especially when none of the 3 are outstanding.

Not arguing with that, although it paid off today.

He looked really unhappy playing the way Stam wanted, unable to kick long and frequently under stupid pressure. I was reasonably confident he'd do ok with a shift from that as he's shown he can be a good shot stopper.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Oct 2018 20:11

Kulshaw72RFC
Elm Park Kid Well we've now found two clubs (inc. Hull) that are worse than us.

Just one more to go ;)

I don't think we will go down, we have shown flashes of class that if we start doing consistently will be good enough to see us mid table at least.

I agree (with mid table - not 'at least'). I was just making some funnies.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2018 09:34

Thought Jaakkola did more to earn the no 1 shirt than either of the other two so far this season.

Personally don’t think he’s a bad keeper, he’s a good shot stopper and also we know can save a penalty or three. Think his distribution needs work but generally I don’t think he’s any worse that Mannone or Walker and he really should keep the jersey for Tuesday.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 09:37

Sutekh Thought Jaakkola did more to earn the no 1 shirt than either of the other two so far this season.

Personally don’t think he’s a bad keeper, he’s a good shot stopper and also we know can save a penalty or three. Think his distribution needs work but generally I don’t think he’s any worse that Mannone or Walker and he really should keep the jersey for Tuesday.

I think he has to get the nod for Tuesday. I wouldn't say I trust him long term though, don't trust any of the keeper tbh. Clement has 3 keepers who are roughly the same sort of ability which is a bit of a weird situation to be in, surely one goes in January? Mannone would be my pick to leave, save on wages.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Oct 2018 11:44

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh Thought Jaakkola did more to earn the no 1 shirt than either of the other two so far this season.

I think he has to get the nod for Tuesday. I wouldn't say I trust him long term though, don't trust any of the keeper tbh. Clement has 3 keepers who are roughly the same sort of ability which is a bit of a weird situation to be in, surely one goes in January? Mannone would be my pick to leave, save on wages.

Agreed. Would try to get a few quid for Mannone, keep the other 2 for this season with Southwood or Legg stepping up next year to be 2nd choice

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Oct 2018 14:41

Kulshaw72RFC I don't think we will go down, we have shown flashes of class that if we start doing consistently will be good enough to see us mid table at least.

Strange, cos only 4% of people in my poll think Millwall will go, whereas 18% think we will. Baffling.

Boxing Day will be interesting.

140 posts