by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 21:56

Nice to see Meite get another at least.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a) sponsored by Nigel Adkins last game

by Hound » 23 Oct 2018 21:56

Meite looked very useful on the few times we got the ball to him

Great header saved as well

McCleary did ok I thought. Looks so much fitter than last year - completely different

JR

by JR » 23 Oct 2018 21:57

Disagree with many on here - thought that was best we’ve looked for a while.

Enjoyable to watch going forward with a few moments that didn’t quite go our way.

Frailties at the back costing us points.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 23 Oct 2018 21:59

That was garbage. Slow. Painful. Players not interested. Just absolute trash.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2018 22:01

JR Disagree with many on here - thought that was best we’ve looked for a while.

Enjoyable to watch going forward with a few moments that didn’t quite go our way.

Frailties at the back costing us points.

We look ok. Certainly better than the dross against Norwich and QPR

First half we did well. Second half we just didn’t ‘go for it’ when we went behind. Far too casual, like we couldn’t kick start ourself into life

Not going to go down the ‘we are sh1t’ route as there were good things. However we need to get Bod, Baldock and McCleary back up to full fitness and Eza is missed massively (though Bacuna did quite well)

And need to stop making stupid mistakes at the back. Ilori and Moore are better than they showed tonight. Both had poor games I thought

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2018 22:03

We just cannot get going under Clement. Yet again we concede early in the second half. Swansea away now looks very difficult. It looks almost certain we will be in the bottom three by Saturday night at the latest. Simply not good enough.
Meanwhile our best attacking outlet from last season can’t get in the squad.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 23 Oct 2018 22:04

In the main rubbish, no fight, no desire. How Kelly keeps playing is beyond me. Millwall was a blip on what’s proving to be a predictably crap season

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Oct 2018 22:08

If we took out the mistakes we played well. Trouble is we made so many simple mistakes. How can we give away a corner like we did. How can Ilori get muscled off the ball so easily ? how can we not complete our passes so often? We just seemed far too confident and casual!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Oct 2018 22:09

Agree with the previous poster who said it’s difficult to see what we are trying to achieve. What was the game plan tonight? Search me.

Birmingham sat off us in the first half like an away team which nonplussed us. No attacking threat.

Can’t see why the Saints fans rate Sims so highly, very poor tonight. Kelly ditto. Bod not at the races, Moore marking time, shocking errors at crucial moments, little real fight. and so it goes on.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2018 22:11

paddy20 If we took out the mistakes we played well. Trouble is we made so many simple mistakes. How can we give away a corner like we did. How can Ilori get muscled off the ball so easily ? how can we not complete our passes so often? We just seemed far too confident and casual!

Indeed. We had more possession (though they let us have it tbf), more shots on target, more corners...

Could and should have come away with at least a point but for ridiculous mistakes

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Oct 2018 22:11

One person I'd like to point out is Tiago Ilori. He seems to avoid any flak, in my eyes he's gone from a calamitous 2/10 player last year to a still poor 4/10. When was the last time he had a good game? Ilori has started 11 games at CB, and we've conceded in every single one of them. Is it a coincidence that when O'Shea partnered Moore, we kept a clean sheet. You can argue that it was Hull, but a clean sheet is a clean sheet. Something we do not seem to get with Ilori CB (refer to his contribution to the second goal tonight)
However, it is harsh to singularly blame an individual. The whole team are just rank, only players this season to have impressed even slightly are Yiadom, Blackett, Eza and Bodvarsson.
Finally if Kelly and Swift are on the same team sheet on Saturday, I think I will just about give up. Kelly just isn't good enough, academy player or non academy player. Unfortunately he believed his own hype around the beginning of the 17/18 season when he banged in a few goals. Since then, he's been a complete disappointment, and I'm really not sure what he offers. Meyler may not have had a good start to the season, but you can't properly judge someone after 5 starts, give him another go, he cannot be any worse
Next three games should break or make Clement, makes the Ipswich game absolutely huge

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 22:13

Zip We just cannot get going under Clement. Yet again we concede early in the second half. Swansea away now looks very difficult. It looks almost certain we will be in the bottom three by Saturday night at the latest. Simply not good enough.

He can’t get in the squad because the manager has never (at Swansea and now Reading) liked him. Fcuking great.

Meanwhile that sack of shit Aluko gets on as a substitute.

And we lose. Again.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2018 22:14

Gunny Fishcake In the main rubbish, no fight, no desire. How Kelly keeps playing is beyond me. Millwall was a blip on what’s proving to be a predictably crap season

If Millwall had taken their chances in the first half they would have been out of sight. That win has bought Clement a little bit of time but 12 points out of a possible 42 is dreadful. We desperately need a settled line up. Every game there are a minimum of two changes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2018 22:17

leon
Zip We just cannot get going under Clement. Yet again we concede early in the second half. Swansea away now looks very difficult. It looks almost certain we will be in the bottom three by Saturday night at the latest. Simply not good enough.

He can’t get in the squad because the manager has never (at Swansea and now Reading) liked him. Fcuking great.

Meanwhile that sack of shit Aluko gets on as a substitute.

And we lose. Again.

Yep posters are questioning Barrow. No one was last season when he was doing so much to keep us in this division. In the meantime the useless Aluko gets game time ahead of him.
I also think Moore needs to get used to playing at this level as I don’t think any top flight teams will be coming in for him in January.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 23 Oct 2018 22:18

strap
Cape Town Royal
tidus_mi2 Man we're shit.

Not for the first time, am watching us thinking just what are we trying to achieve? We seem to play like a group of players who vaguely know each other. They are all doing their thing, but there is no clear shape or direction to our play.

Was taken to MadStad for my 60th by sons Saturday, and that is EXACTLY what I said to them! We really are a shambles of a club.

You're slightly older than me. Forgive the negativity in my posts this evening, but have been watching Reading since '77 and apart from the Burns era have never felt so down about our club. Even taking into account the play off season, pretty much since we got promoted to the premier league the second time this feels like the winter that never ends...

Watching Reading you accept we are not going to win the premier league, but we always played with passion, direction, attacking wingers and it was entertaining... apart those few games under Clark, I just don't think we have played entertaining football since we got promoted....

I hate to say it but I just don't believe in this team or the clubs ability to change it.... For me tonight, the only positive I saw was the goalie and I thought McLeary looked pretty sharp when he came on, which could be a big boost for us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Oct 2018 22:18

leon Fcuk off Clement. This team is clueless.

Wonder how much longer he’ll get. More rubbish with no threat. Can’t see anything changing and now getting into playing the teams who have actually started quite well. Could be well adrift of the rest by Christmas.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 22:19

Zip
Gunny Fishcake In the main rubbish, no fight, no desire. How Kelly keeps playing is beyond me. Millwall was a blip on what’s proving to be a predictably crap season

If Millwall had taken their chances in the first half they would have been out of sight. That win has bought Clement a little bit of time but 12 points out of a possible 42 is dreadful. We desperately need a settled line up. Every game there are a minimum of two changes.

Agreed. There’s no continuity and absolutely no improvement.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 22:22

Oh well.

Looking at booking.com for hotels in Lincoln.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Oct 2018 22:24

That was absolute garbage; were they on the wacky bakkie. How often did we give the ball away.

Clement has to go we keep on making the same mistakes week in and week out.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2018 22:25

paddy20 If we took out the mistakes we played well.

Classic HNA.

138 posts