Bust up between Clement and Barrow

168 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Bust up between Clement and Barrow

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2018 19:44

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal You said he had next to no competition. Meite, Baldock and Sims have all played there this season, Harriott is back and available.

He does have next to no competition. Baldock, McCleary and Meite all have starting spots. That leaves Sims. When Bodvarson gets back then you can add Meite to that list but that's 4 players for 2 positions including a striker filling in at left wing.. if we freeze him out then we are left with the starting 3, Sims, the untested and unlikely to be fit Harriott and Aluko.

That's shit if we get another injury.

:lol:

Yeah, Baldock's starting in his position. Sims is available. So is Harriott.

I don't know if you're familiar with it, but conventional wisdom has always been two players for each position mate.

Is that so is it? 2 strikers? 2 goalkeepers? Please expand on your incredible footballing knowledge.

Why do you keep bringing up Harriott? We also have Edwards for CM but nobody brings him up for a reason. Harriott has played 383 minutes for us. That's 383 minutes in 2 and a half season.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 19:49

Zip
paddy20 Being reported that the two have come to loggerheads once again, allegedly due to his attitude. Not the best time to have this. He's already got rid of him once at Swansea. Shame because he is one of our best players

This would not surprise me. Barrow has not been the same player since Clement became manager. A huge shame if true because a fit and flying Barrow is an asset and a big plus.

Barrow>clement

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 19:50

Hendo Hasn't been fit all year.

Doesn't really track back to help full-backs. Final ball leaves a lot to be desired.

Wouldn't be unhappy if we sold and got a bit of cash in Jan for him.

If you want someone with pace with questionable end product, might as well sign Usain Bolt.

Kebe > Barrow

Wonder what bolts wages would be? Would happily trade him for aLOLuko.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 19:51

Platypuss
NewCorkSeth If this is all about a personality clash I think it's Clements job to get over it. We don't have many options in his position and I think we all agree that the current formation is worth pursuing, particularly with McCleary back.

Can't agree - the manager is the boss.
If players won't/don't toe the line - they go.

Does John Smith and OMA also think they go?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 19:54

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth He does have next to no competition. Baldock, McCleary and Meite all have starting spots. That leaves Sims. When Bodvarson gets back then you can add Meite to that list but that's 4 players for 2 positions including a striker filling in at left wing.. if we freeze him out then we are left with the starting 3, Sims, the untested and unlikely to be fit Harriott and Aluko.

I don't know if you're familiar with it, but conventional wisdom has always been two players for each position mate.

Is that so is it? 2 strikers? 2 goalkeepers? Please expand on your incredible footballing knowledge.

Why do you keep bringing up Harriott? We also have Edwards for CM but nobody brings him up for a reason. Harriott has played 383 minutes for us. That's 383 minutes in 2 and a half season.

Lol. So by Ians logic you need just 2 Centre backs, 2 strikers and 2 Centre Mids.

Lol.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 19:55

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth He does have next to no competition. Baldock, McCleary and Meite all have starting spots. That leaves Sims. When Bodvarson gets back then you can add Meite to that list but that's 4 players for 2 positions including a striker filling in at left wing.. if we freeze him out then we are left with the starting 3, Sims, the untested and unlikely to be fit Harriott and Aluko.

:|

oxf*rd hell.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 20:29

Sorry lads, but Barrow is twice the player Aluko is. If he’s going to fall out with anyone it should be that fcuking layabout.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 20:33

leon Sorry lads, but Barrow is twice the player Aluko is.

Obviously.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 20:39

Snowflake Royal

Obviously.

And we cant afford to lose players who actually can do something.

He was our best player a season ago.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Oct 2018 20:45

Lower West Big squad. Ship out the slackers. To survive we need players with character, a desire to win and play for the shirt.

Barrow showed plenty of character and desire last season. Not to mention more skill than anyone else in the squad. He almost single handedly kept us up.

But if your face doesn't fit and the manager doesn't rate you there's only one winner. The way Clement spoke about him after the game on Saturday suggests there's no future for him here. Shame

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2018 20:48

leon
Snowflake Royal

Obviously.

Ian's just arguing with me for the sake of it. He skim reads my posts then nitpicks one ambiguous statement of mine and runs with it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 21:03

NewCorkSeth
leon
Snowflake Royal Obviously.

Ian's just arguing with me for the sake of it. He skim reads my posts then nitpicks one ambiguous statement of mine and runs with it.

He does like to continually disagree with everyone.

However I get the point that Barrow is a luxury when you’re battling and everyone needs to put in a shift. And he doesn’t.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Oct 2018 22:17

bcubed
Lower West Big squad. Ship out the slackers. To survive we need players with character, a desire to win and play for the shirt.

Barrow showed plenty of character and desire last season. Not to mention more skill than anyone else in the squad. He almost single handedly kept us up.

In a poor team flatteres to deceive. Never manages a 90 minute performance.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Oct 2018 22:17

bcubed

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2018 22:25

Lower West
bcubed

I thought he was terrific. Ten League goals in a desperately poor side plus a number of assists is in my mind a damn good return. He was comfortably our top scorer in the League. Think what his stats would have been in a good side.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Oct 2018 22:32

Barrow is out of the squad after a “breach of discipline”. This what Clement told Tim after the game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 22:32

So basically they hate eachother.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2018 22:58

Sutekh
Hendo Hasn't been fit all year.

Doesn't really track back to help full-backs. Final ball leaves a lot to be desired.

Wouldn't be unhappy if we sold and got a bit of cash in Jan for him.

If you want someone with pace with questionable end product, might as well sign Usain Bolt.

Kebe > Barrow

Kebe > Barrow > Aluko

God Kebe > everything in the universe > Aluko

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2018 23:02

Barrow = nothing special

But still a shining light in this shit team

Whatever the rights and wrongs leaving Barrow out is one of the most ridiculous things Clement could ever do for his own personal survival at this club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 23:06

Zip
Lower West
bcubed Barrow showed plenty of character and desire last season. Not to mention more skill than anyone else in the squad. He almost single handedly kept us up.

I thought he was terrific. Ten League goals in a desperately poor side plus a number of assists is in my mind a damn good return. He was comfortably our top scorer in the League. Think what his stats would have been in a good side.

Utterly speculative. They could have been the same or even worse as we relied less heavily on him.

Regardless of what he did last season, he hasn't really done it this season. And he's always been a lightweight luxury.

And on a separate note, I don't buy comparisons with Aluko. Aluko is shit, and Clement is making big mistakes using him. That doesn't automatically mean that he's wrong not using Barrow. Especially as we don't know what they're like in training. If Barrow's a waster on his way out and Aluko's shit but a model professional, then I'd probably pick him over Barrow on the bench too. Preferably neither, but whatever.

We get it all the time that whoever is playing is terrible and whoever isn't would be better. But Clement's the one that can see what they're like off the pitch. Yesterday Sims was amazing and should be playing every game. Shit game by most accounts today though. Last season Popa was the great saviour who was unfairly treated by Stam. Did piss all in his cameo this season and hasn't been seen since.

168 posts