Bust up between Clement and Barrow

168 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Bust up between Clement and Barrow

by Royal Rother » 27 Oct 2018 12:55

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue We're told it's a disciplinary issue but that could cover a multitude of sins, some of which might not be that serious. Could Clement/the Club be overreacting? Has Barrow fallen foul of what, given the dire situation the team is in, might be regarded as a rather petty rule?

One thing's certain, it's a good job Clement wasn't in charge when Robin Friday blessed us with his presence!

You know what, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Clement wouldn't drop someone and publicly say it was for a disciplinary issue for a minor unimportant misdemeanor.

Of course.

And the issue is clearly not Clement v Barrow, it is Club v Barrow.

This could be the career defining job for him so all that Clement wants to do is win football matches; he is most likely to do that with his best players contributing to a Team Ethic and Team Performances so the idea that he would freeze Barrow out because he doesn’t like him is daft.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Oct 2018 19:24

Tim Dellor doesn’t like Mo Barrow much does he?

Arrogant and surly he called him. And said there was absolutely no doubt that Clement is a far nicer, more intelligent and articulate man than Barrow.

But he is still banging on with the rest of them that we need to know what happened in order to judge whether the treatment has been fair.

What is their obsession with having to know everything that goes on behind the scenes? It’s nothing to do with anybody outside of the club employ and there is absolutely no need for it to be made public whatever BBCRB might like to think.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2018 19:51

It’s a bit of an intriguing one I suppose

But it does sound like more than just PC doesn’t like him. No doubts will come out in the end

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Oct 2018 19:58

Must be connected to their time at Swansea - they fell out there IIRC

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Oct 2018 20:10

Clement .

I didn't think it was right [to select him] for this game but I think we are close to finding a solution and I hope we do. I am confident we will very shortly.
I'd prefer not to go through the details of what happened - it's an in-house matter. We're close to finding a solution and I hope we do because Mo is a good player and he can help this team and I want him to do that.
But in the bigger picture I have to think beyond individuals and about the team. That's what I have done in this situation.
I also understand when you don't get results you open yourselves up for criticism in a wide range of areas so it's normal I'm getting these questions. It's part and parcel of the job.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Oct 2018 21:03

Royal Rother Tim Dellor doesn’t like Mo Barrow much does he?

Arrogant and surly he called him. And said there was absolutely no doubt that Clement is a far nicer, more intelligent and articulate man than Barrow.

But he is still banging on with the rest of them that we need to know what happened in order to judge whether the treatment has been fair.

What is their obsession with having to know everything that goes on behind the scenes? It’s nothing to do with anybody outside of the club employ and there is absolutely no need for it to be made public whatever BBCRB might like to think.

I'm not sure I agree with you there.
We are talking about last season's best player at a time where we are in the bottom 3 and a player capable of winning games, something that needs to happen.
If he has been suspended by the club we should be told that he has been suspended.
If he has just been dropped we should be told that he has been dropped and not just that he is not in the 18 as if has f*** all to do with us.
If he has been dropped for some disciplinary reasons we should be told although I agree with you I don't expect that reason to be divulged.

It is not just this matter it is that there is no connection between club and fans nor between club and the local radio station.
We season ticket-holders are no longer part of the club,we just look on from the outside speculating which is a great shame as , at times like this, there should be a sense of all pulling together.
In the days of the Evening Post we knew what was going on and in particular regular updates on injuries-just by reading the Friday night edition of the paper we had a strong idea of the side selected for Saturday-now even the local radio station less than an hour before kick-off could only speculate on the injured goalkeepers last week.

Apologies for the ramble but I know many other fans who feel this way and the non-selection of our best player looks like suicide-the rest aren't exactly pulling up trees in his absence and Clement doesn't even start the player he brought in on loan and plays in the wide position that Mo might occupy.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Oct 2018 21:06

Victor Meldrew

We are talking about last season's best player at a time where we are in the bottom 3 and a player capable of winning games, something that needs to happen.
If he has been suspended by the club we should be told that he has been suspended.
If he has just been dropped we should be told that he has been dropped and not just that he is not in the 18 as if has f*** all to do with us.
If he has been dropped for some disciplinary reasons we should be told although I agree with you I don't expect that reason to be divulged.

It is not just this matter it is that there is no connection between club and fans nor between club and the local radio station.
We season ticket-holders are no longer part of the club,we just look on from the outside speculating which is a great shame as , at times like this, there should be a sense of all pulling together.
In the days of the Evening Post we knew what was going on and in particular regular updates on injuries-just by reading the Friday night edition of the paper we had a strong idea of the side selected for Saturday-now even the local radio station less than an hour before kick-off could only speculate on the injured goalkeepers last week.

Apologies for the ramble but I know many other fans who feel this way and the non-selection of our best player looks like suicide-the rest aren't exactly pulling up trees in his absence and Clement doesn't even start the player he brought in on loan and plays in the wide position that Mo might occupy.

Have just read windemere's post quoting Clement-it's a step in the right direction.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2018 21:25

Dellor's assessment of Barrow's character is pretty spot on from what I've heard.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 27 Oct 2018 22:00

A mgr - any mgr - doesn’t have to like every player (and nor does anyone in here). What a mgr is tasked with, however, is getting the max out of everything at their disposal ( i.e the squad they chose to come in to the season with), which lends itself to man-management skills and dealing with different individuals and personalities. (That said, his two signings, McNulty and Meyler, can’t even get in the match day squad, let alone on the park, so who knows what Clement chose).

If it wasn’t going to work with Clement, then Barrow should have been shipped out in the Summer when there were reportedly suitors and when his value was higher...because we are hardly increasing it right now. Barrow’s zero productivity, and decreasing value, is hurting the club...esp in our predicament.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 27 Oct 2018 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2018 22:03

windermereROYAL Clement .

I didn't think it was right [to select him] for this game but I think we are close to finding a solution and I hope we do. I am confident we will very shortly.
I'd prefer not to go through the details of what happened - it's an in-house matter. We're close to finding a solution and I hope we do because Mo is a good player and he can help this team and I want him to do that.
But in the bigger picture I have to think beyond individuals and about the team. That's what I have done in this situation.
I also understand when you don't get results you open yourselves up for criticism in a wide range of areas so it's normal I'm getting these questions. It's part and parcel of the job.

Very good response.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2018 22:06

genome Must be connected to their time at Swansea - they fell out there IIRC

Yeah, the connection being Barrow's lack of discipline.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Oct 2018 22:44

Victor Meldrew

Yeah but Vic, nobody is denying the importance of the relationship with the media but we don’t need to know the details of what he did in order that we can make up our own minds as to whether the punishment was appropriate. We really don’t. Yet that’s what Dellor, Gooding and Willis are asking for. And they seem to think it is our right to know. That’s ridiculous imo.

And the fact it was a breach of discipline was revealed by Clement on Tuesday night, and in the media on Wednesday so it hasn’t been held back.

I have been very impressed by Clement in his dealings with the media recently in very difficult circumstances. Such a shame it’s an incredibly shit squad and that he has been unable to coach it to success. But I really think anyone would struggle with that lot.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Oct 2018 22:52

sandman

Dellor's assessment of Barrow's character is pretty spot on from what I've heard.

Thought Dellor's comments were interesting. Perhaps not an ideal team player when the going gets tough.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Oct 2018 22:56

Royal Rother I have been very impressed by Clement in his dealings with the media recently in very difficult circumstances. Such a shame it’s an incredibly shit squad and that he has been unable to coach it to success. But I really think anyone would struggle with that lot.

The interviews have got longer. Very frank and honest. I hope he sticks around and is allowed time.

The caller today on BBCRB who talked about disconnection betwen the club and the fans was spot on. Clement is at least providing an insight.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 00:32

I wish Clement had arrived under better circumstances, could have been really good. Sadly with the shitshower we have for a squad and the mess Stam et al left us he's a dead man walking. As is his replacement at this rate.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 28 Oct 2018 00:44

Lower West
Royal Rother I have been very impressed by Clement in his dealings with the media recently in very difficult circumstances. Such a shame it’s an incredibly shit squad and that he has been unable to coach it to success. But I really think anyone would struggle with that lot.

The interviews have got longer. Very frank and honest. I hope he sticks around and is allowed time.

The caller today on BBCRB who talked about disconnection betwen the club and the fans was spot on. Clement is at least providing an insight.

I agree

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 28 Oct 2018 00:44

Snowflake Royal I wish Clement had arrived under better circumstances, could have been really good. Sadly with the shitshower we have for a squad and the mess Stam et al left us he's a dead man walking. As is his replacement at this rate.

I agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 08:06

Hiram K Hackenbacker
Snowflake Royal I wish Clement had arrived under better circumstances, could have been really good. Sadly with the shitshower we have for a squad and the mess Stam et al left us he's a dead man walking. As is his replacement at this rate.

I agree

My life is complete, I've got an "I agree". :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Oct 2018 09:31

I run several businesses and hire and fire people obviously.

A lot of us may be thinking whatever it is that Barrow has done he shoudlnt "cut his nose to spite his face" as they have suggested on BBCRB.

But sometimes things get weird and I can totally understand Clement's position. Eg I've had people who have made a little cockup and I just had a quiet word with them. But then the rest of the team cannot accept the error and would have become totally demoralised or even resigned had I not sacked them. This sort of thing is very common.

I'm sure Clement isn't stupid and wouldn't cut his nose to spite his face and perhaps it's something like this i.e. barrow has done something bad like let's say late for training and whilst Clement is ahppy to forgive he can't because it will destroy team morale and others won't play.

Or I think of mourinhos situation with that club Dr. He seemed to cut his nose off to spite his face there as that's when everything went downhill for him. But I heard (no idea how true this is and it doesn't matter anyway to make this point) that the she had slept with a player and so he couldnt morally accept that for the sake of the player's wife and so got rid of the doctor.

I am a tiny bit high right now so excuse the written diarrhoea.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 28 Oct 2018 09:32

2 world wars, 1 world cup I run several businesses and hire and fire people obviously.

A lot of us may be thinking whatever it is that Barrow has done he shoudlnt "cut his nose to spite his face" as they have suggested on BBCRB.

But sometimes things get weird and I can totally understand Clement's position. Eg I've had people who have made a little cockup and I just had a quiet word with them. But then the rest of the team cannot accept the error and would have become totally demoralised or even resigned had I not sacked them. This sort of thing is very common.

I'm sure Clement isn't stupid and wouldn't cut his nose to spite his face and perhaps it's something like this i.e. barrow has done something bad like let's say late for training and whilst Clement is ahppy to forgive he can't because it will destroy team morale and others won't play.

Or I think of mourinhos situation with that club Dr. He seemed to cut his nose off to spite his face there as that's when everything went downhill for him. But I heard (no idea how true this is and it doesn't matter anyway to make this point) that the she had slept with a player and so he couldnt morally accept that for the sake of the player's wife and so got rid of the doctor.

I am a tiny bit high right now so excuse the written diarrhoea.

You are high at 9 in the morning?

168 posts