BFTG - Bristol City

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Bristol City

by leon » 05 Nov 2018 12:05

How did Rinomhota look? Where did he play in the midfield and can he tackle?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Nov 2018 12:17

leon How did Rinomhota look? Where did he play in the midfield and can he tackle?

Right hand side of a narrow midfield triangle (Bacuna on the left, Kelly at the base of the triangle)

Yes, put in a good few tackles. Also took a yellow to break up an attack.

Looked very composed. Didn't create much, but that's not his job. Kept the ball moving, didn't give it away too much. Wouldn't have had him as MOTM, but a very promising performance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2018 12:36

We’ve been decent in spells this year. First half performances against Blackburn, Brum, Forest, West Brom and Derby really should have earned us more than 1 point

But that’s part of what makes it a little depressing

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Nov 2018 12:37

A very welcome three points.

What brings it home how far we have slipped back in the last five years is when Bristol City fans come out with suicidal posts after losing to "teams like Reading". Like the backwater Brazil have slipped in to a parallel universe where they have spent the last thirty years in the top half of the Premier League rather than playing Gillingham and Chesterfield in Division 3. Cider must give you memory loss as well as teeth.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Nov 2018 13:06

muirinho
leon How did Rinomhota look? Where did he play in the midfield and can he tackle?

Right hand side of a narrow midfield triangle (Bacuna on the left, Kelly at the base of the triangle)

Looked very composed. Didn't create much, but that's not his job. Kept the ball moving, didn't give it away too much. Wouldn't have had him as MOTM, but a very promising performance.

So very much in addition to Eza (when he's back) rather than a replacement.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Nov 2018 13:13

Mr Optimist A very welcome three points.

What brings it home how far we have slipped back in the last five years is when Bristol City fans come out with suicidal posts after losing to "teams like Reading". Like the backwater Brazil have slipped in to a parallel universe where they have spent the last thirty years in the top half of the Premier League rather than playing Gillingham and Chesterfield in Division 3. Cider must give you memory loss as well as teeth.

Could do with someone digging up the old opposition fans BFTG thread, that used to be an enjoyable read.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2018 13:31

leon
muirinho

Yeah. He’s quite small as well I thought. Definitely not the physical presence we could do with

Did well though, tidy player

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Nov 2018 13:40

windermereROYAL

Could do with someone digging up the old opposition fans BFTG thread, that used to be an enjoyable read.

Absolutely! I had a read of their fan's site and I must admit it was nice to win a game and see the soulless stadium, plastic fans, everything I hate about modern football comments again. I've missed those sour grapes as we have been bending over for most teams recently. But Bristol City giving it the biggun FFS, that is low.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Nov 2018 13:58

windermereROYAL

Your wish is my command!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Nov 2018 14:18

Platypuss

Seen them given.
:?
Straight red card for the Bristol City player, Clearly he's jumped up with the intention of biting his opponent on the foot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2018 18:31

leon
muirinho

What I really liked was in his home starting debut (I think) he wasn't afraid to wait for the pressure, shield the ball and turn his man rather than just look back for support. He started attacks two or three times like that. Not only that, but he had the odd poor pass or heavy touch and it didn't change his game or get to him. If Meite had been paying attention he might have set up a goal too.

Not a big thundering tackler, but looked to be able to do a job defensively, standing people up, forcing errors and making interceptions.

Some stats: 47 touches, 83% pass success, 4 tackles - all successful, 2 interceptions, 1 clearance, dispossessed once.

I think he could play with, or instead of Ezatolahi based on Saturday. Simple and effective.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Nov 2018 18:39

leon
muirinho

Yes very much in addition. A very different type of player. He was hard working and showed some composure and skill at times. He tracked back too.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Nov 2018 19:17

Snowflake Royal
leon
muirinho

What I really liked was in his home starting debut (I think) he wasn't afraid to wait for the pressure, shield the ball and turn his man rather than just look back for support. He started attacks two or three times like that. Not only that, but he had the odd poor pass or heavy touch and it didn't change his game or get to him. If Meite had been paying attention he might have set up a goal too.

Not a big thundering tackler, but looked to be able to do a job defensively, standing people up, forcing errors and making interceptions.

Some stats: 47 touches, 83% pass success, 4 tackles - all successful, 2 interceptions, 1 clearance, dispossessed once.

I think he could play with, or instead of Ezatolahi based on Saturday. Simple and effective.

Well I feel stupid. I always thought that stat referred to how many times they dispossessed an opponent..

Purely because all the other stats are positives i.e. tackles won, aerial duels won, shots taken, dribbles made..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2018 21:44

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
leon

Well I feel stupid. I always thought that stat referred to how many times they dispossessed an opponent..

Purely because all the other stats are positives i.e. tackles won, aerial duels won, shots taken, dribbles made..

They don't make it easy to find out.