BFTG - Ipshit H

206 posts
Cape Town Royal
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: 15 Feb 2012 19:29

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Cape Town Royal » 11 Nov 2018 13:34

Snowball wrote:
paddy20 wrote:
Lower West wrote:
I like his honesty. Unlike Stam is totally upfront about the team's performance. Calling the first half performance embarrassing live on radio was spot on. Sending a clear message to some of the players.


Yes agree with his honesty but that can only take you so far. To keep saying that your team that you are responsible for, are continiously playing awful can eventually lead to only one outcome. Its true we don't have a great team but on player per player basis we are not one of the worst three. Yesterday we got our tactics all wrong in the first half. Unfortunately there was no one on the pitch that was strong enough to recognise and re-organise. It took until the half time talk to change and play 4-4-2 with a much better performance.


Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1111
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 Nov 2018 14:05

Going back to yesterday, I think we need to recognise that Ipswich were actually decent in the first half, in fact far better than Norwich were a few weeks ago who are now top.

There have been some strange games in the championship this season (including yesterday) and I think its a quite a level league this year, so that's its easy to get on a really good run (like QPR, Brum), or a really bad run and that's what basically has happened to quite a few teams; confidence is really a key ingredient.

Yesterday Clement got us organised at half time and we managed to grind out a result, I am not sure that would have happened last season under Stam.

Wigan is massive, they are on an awful run, with several injuries; win there and it's 7 from 9 and something to build on.

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11400
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by RoyalBlue » 11 Nov 2018 14:13

Cape Town Royal wrote:
Snowball wrote:
paddy20 wrote:
Yes agree with his honesty but that can only take you so far. To keep saying that your team that you are responsible for, are continiously playing awful can eventually lead to only one outcome. Its true we don't have a great team but on player per player basis we are not one of the worst three. Yesterday we got our tactics all wrong in the first half. Unfortunately there was no one on the pitch that was strong enough to recognise and re-organise. It took until the half time talk to change and play 4-4-2 with a much better performance.


Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..


Fake statistics!

You've calculated them out over the course of a full 46 games. We have already played 17 games. Also, splitting them into small clusters of 5 to 6 games suits Clement and his supporters but means extrapolated stats are even more open to error.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3991
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 22:46

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Top Flight » 11 Nov 2018 14:48

Very poor from us in the first half. But a big improvement in the second. In the end, I was happy to grab a point from this game. It would have been bad news to lose at home again and allow Ipswich within two points of us. In the context of everything a point is actually a good result and I came out of the Mad Stad feeling good.

The stand out performances of the afternoon were from Yakou Meite and Paul Clement. Clement showed fantastic leadership and management to turn around an afternoon that was heading towards a disaster and almost pull off a win.

His rocket up the players arses at half time had the desired effect. Combined with some astute tactical changes and substitutions he nearly won it for us before the final whistle. So great management from our gaffer. We're lucky to have him.

Yakou Meite was the other stand out performer. The nobs on here who were moaning about his 4 year contract are being proved to be well and truly wrong. It was great judgement by Clement and good management again to reward Meite with this contract. Yakou is proving to be a real dangerman this season. He took his goals extremely well and showed the passion and delight that we want to see from our players.

Clement is continuing to lead the Royal Resurgence. The turnaround is well and truly on. Yes there will be blips along the way. Yes there will be disappointments. But it is clear to see that Clement knows exactly what needs to be done and he has done a very good job so far of getting things back on track. The nobs of course expect instant success. Hopefully the club hierarchy are not so shallow and understand that a manager needs support and patience. Give him what he needs and the club will be on an upward trajectory. Another kneejerk sacking will just continue the downward spiral in to the lower rungs of the football league structure.

Its onwards and upwards under Clement. Keep up the good work!

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5044
Joined: 16 Jul 2004 18:36
Location: A country made up of 51.9% f**king thick uneducated xenophobic jingoistic mongtards.

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by 2 world wars, 1 world cup » 11 Nov 2018 14:51

RoyalBlue wrote:
Cape Town Royal wrote:
Snowball wrote:


Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..


Fake statistics!

You've calculated them out over the course of a full 46 games. We have already played 17 games. Also, splitting them into small clusters of 5 to 6 games suits Clement and his supporters but means extrapolated stats are even more open to error.


Spot on.

I won't pretend we have not made some improvement but that's not saying much given our opening form was horrific.

The only stat that matters to me is:

Shit end of last season ( honeymoon luck saved us)
Shit transfer window
Shit preseason (with not even a single win iirc?)
Shit start of the season
Shit now.

Whether or not were slightly less shit now I don't care. We are SHIT.

Our current shitness isn't some freak of statistics with a run of bad luck, it's a persisting feature that has simply continued since Clements' appointment.


User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1922
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Nov 2018 14:53

Cape Town Royal wrote:
Snowball wrote:
paddy20 wrote:
Yes agree with his honesty but that can only take you so far. To keep saying that your team that you are responsible for, are continiously playing awful can eventually lead to only one outcome. Its true we don't have a great team but on player per player basis we are not one of the worst three. Yesterday we got our tactics all wrong in the first half. Unfortunately there was no one on the pitch that was strong enough to recognise and re-organise. It took until the half time talk to change and play 4-4-2 with a much better performance.


Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..


You can quote all the bullshlt stats you want. The fact is we are crap and stuck with a manager who clearly now doesn't know what to do. On BBCRB he stated on the second goal about the defending that "that's where we are". What sort of answer was that?
Do your stats take into account the next 4 fixtures? Let's see if the points rate drops then?
Wigan - might get a point
Leeds - Lose
Stoke -Lose
Sheff United - Lose

There is X weeks till the transfer deadline. Get rid of him now get a new manager in and then they can assess the team and what we need. This team is falling to pieces with a lightweight midfield and a defence clearly low on confidence and looks like they've never played together before. If it has to be Big Mick, then so be it, but we need a manager not a coach who has achieved nothing as a manager.

The longer we stay in this scenario the worse it will get.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3991
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 22:46

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Top Flight » 11 Nov 2018 14:56

The most important thing that Clement has done for us is he has brought the fun back to watching Reading FC. These high scoring, end to end, exiting games of football are making watching Reading an enjoyable experience once again.

The fact that we are competitive and giving as good as we get is also making me feel proud of my team again. The spirit and fight shown in the second half is exactly what I want to see from our Reading boys. I'm very pleased with the job that Clement and his coaching team are doing. I can see that things are moving in the right direction. That is why I am IN for Clement.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3991
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 22:46

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Top Flight » 11 Nov 2018 15:01

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Cape Town Royal wrote:
Snowball wrote:


Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..


You can quote all the bullshlt stats you want. The fact is we are crap and stuck with a manager who clearly now doesn't know what to do. On BBCRB he stated on the second goal about the defending that "that's where we are". What sort of answer was that?
Do your stats take into account the next 4 fixtures? Let's see if the points rate drops then?
Wigan - might get a point
Leeds - Lose
Stoke -Lose
Sheff United - Lose

There is X weeks till the transfer deadline. Get rid of him now get a new manager in and then they can assess the team and what we need. This team is falling to pieces with a lightweight midfield and a defence clearly low on confidence and looks like they've never played together before. If it has to be Big Mick, then so be it, but we need a manager not a coach who has achieved nothing as a manager.

The longer we stay in this scenario the worse it will get.


I watched the replay of the goal and it was just one of those things that happen in football sometimes. It wasn't particularly bad defending in terms of the positioning of the defenders. Liam Moore just ran across too early and made a bit of a misjudgement and then Sears slipped in and slotted it in to the net. It was an individual error. It happens. It is unlike Moore. We forgive and move on. It certainly isn't because of bad coaching, bad management or because Moore is a bad defender. It was driving down with rain. The pitch was slippery, it was just one of those things. Get over it.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4788
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 15:06

RoyalBlue wrote:
Cape Town Royal wrote:
Snowball wrote:


Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..


Fake statistics!

You've calculated them out over the course of a full 46 games. We have already played 17 games. Also, splitting them into small clusters of 5 to 6 games suits Clement and his supporters but means extrapolated stats are even more open to error.

No one has said we'll get those end of season totals, you daft bugger... it's a translation of what that form equates to over a whole season to give perspective.

And 5/6 game form has been used for decades to indicate how a teams is doing. It's very well established to look at recent form over 5/6 and longer term form over 10/12.

There's nothing fake about them. As is usually the case when the word 'fake' is thrown around these days.


Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7615
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Hound » 11 Nov 2018 15:32

Top Flight wrote:The most important thing that Clement has done for us is he has brought the fun back to watching Reading FC. These high scoring, end to end, exiting games of football are making watching Reading an enjoyable experience once again.
.


Some of the stuff you write is borderline mental, but do agree with this. Last few games have been good fun - and there has been a bit of a buzz on the bus back home

Remember games last year like Sheff utd, Ipswich, Burton where there was just a silence on the bus back and was utterly miserable. Have enjoyed watching us this year despite the results

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11400
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by RoyalBlue » 11 Nov 2018 16:36

Snowflake Royal wrote:
RoyalBlue wrote:
Cape Town Royal wrote:
Perhaps that is why there are four teams below us!

Our league position is largely down to our dire (and slightly unlucky) start with just two points from six games. since then we have W4 D2 L5 = 14 points from 11 which translates to a 46 game haul of 58.5 or mid-table.

The opening game v Derby was robbery, a win made last minute loss, we blew a 0-2 win at Blackburn when McShane imploded, Bolton probably should have been 0-0. Those six points would have us on 22 from 17

Wednesday, Rotherham, Ipswich, Bolton have poor GDs followed closely by Hull and Millwall. Our GD of just -5 says we aren’t far from a low mid-table side and have been accruing “enough” for the last 11 games. At home we’ve taken ten points from our last five games. Naturally we see the bottom three as a possibility, but the truth of current form (11 games now) is we ought to creep up the table, and that is what is happening. After six games we were second bottom, so we ARE climbing, albeit slowly.

Here is Clement’s block-of-games up to the international breaks

6 games 02 Points = 0.33 ppg = 15.33 point season
6 games 07 Points = 1.16 ppg = 53.36 point season
5 games 07 points = 1.40 ppg = 64.40 point season[/quote

big test to keep those stats improving over the next 6 games looking at the fixtures. If he can beat 7 points out of those then you'd say we were getting there..


Fake statistics!

You've calculated them out over the course of a full 46 games. We have already played 17 games. Also, splitting them into small clusters of 5 to 6 games suits Clement and his supporters but means extrapolated stats are even more open to error.

No one has said we'll get those end of season totals, you daft bugger... it's a translation of what that form equates to over a whole season to give perspective.

And 5/6 game form has been used for decades to indicate how a teams is doing. It's very well established to look at recent form over 5/6 and longer term form over 10/12.

There's nothing fake about them. As is usually the case when the word 'fake' is thrown around these days.


Disagree you (insert your own insult here). They were either clumsily presented or deliberately intended to mislead. The 1.4 ppg gives an indication of form (albeit with a dreadfully small sample) why use them to then declare a total that can't be achieved. Reality is represented by what we currently have and what we could possibly get in total. If a total is going to be given at all, then at least take the current form, apply to remaining points available and give a possible total from that.

3points
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1900
Joined: 27 Oct 2013 18:22

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by 3points » 11 Nov 2018 18:19

On yesterday's display I wouldn't mind seeing if Gourlay can use his contacts at Chelsea and sign Trevoh Chalobah (though he needs to sort his hair out)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5999
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Kitsondinho » 11 Nov 2018 18:37

Zip wrote:
Lower West wrote:
Kitsondinho wrote:Nothing is changing though. He may be honest, but he is also doing a poor job.


Disagree. Last year we scored 48 in 46 games . 13 of which were against the relegated teams. Which is a net 35 in 40. Less than one a game.

So far 24 in 17 games. That's a vast improvement. Saw many games last year where we didn't just didn't look like scoring at all!


That’s negated as we are conceding more goals this season.

Exactly. We are more creative, but our defence is more open than a 1950s front door.


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4788
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 18:38

RoyalBlue wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
RoyalBlue wrote:
Fake statistics!

You've calculated them out over the course of a full 46 games. We have already played 17 games. Also, splitting them into small clusters of 5 to 6 games suits Clement and his supporters but means extrapolated stats are even more open to error.

No one has said we'll get those end of season totals, you daft bugger... it's a translation of what that form equates to over a whole season to give perspective.

And 5/6 game form has been used for decades to indicate how a teams is doing. It's very well established to look at recent form over 5/6 and longer term form over 10/12.

There's nothing fake about them. As is usually the case when the word 'fake' is thrown around these days.


Disagree you dickturd. They were either clumsily presented or deliberately intended to mislead. The 1.4 ppg gives an indication of form (albeit with a dreadfully small sample) why use them to then declare a total that can't be achieved. Reality is represented by what we currently have and what we could possibly get in total. If a total is going to be given at all, then at least take the current form, apply to remaining points available and give a possible total from that.

Nonsense. Why give them? ... because people understand what 58 points in a season means more than 1.25 ppg. You're being a bit weird and dim about this. :|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11874
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by sandman » 11 Nov 2018 19:17

Snowflake Royal wrote:
RoyalBlue wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:No one has said we'll get those end of season totals, you daft bugger... it's a translation of what that form equates to over a whole season to give perspective.

And 5/6 game form has been used for decades to indicate how a teams is doing. It's very well established to look at recent form over 5/6 and longer term form over 10/12.

There's nothing fake about them. As is usually the case when the word 'fake' is thrown around these days.


Disagree you dickturd. They were either clumsily presented or deliberately intended to mislead. The 1.4 ppg gives an indication of form (albeit with a dreadfully small sample) why use them to then declare a total that can't be achieved. Reality is represented by what we currently have and what we could possibly get in total. If a total is going to be given at all, then at least take the current form, apply to remaining points available and give a possible total from that.

Nonsense. Why give them? ... because people understand what 58 points in a season means more than 1.25 ppg. You're being a bit weird and dim about this. :|


Of course he is. Is this your first time reading a RoyalBlue post?

Snowball
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15682
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 19:35

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Snowball » 11 Nov 2018 19:32

Thank you, Ian

It is hardly rocket science, and you quite rightly point out that there was nothing false about those stats.

Instead, as you also point out, 1.4 points per game multiplied by 46 games = 64.4 points. ALL that means is “a side averaging 1.4 ppg will finish on 64 or 65 points. The “season equivalent” (again, as you note, is just a quick clarification, a shorthand for “how we are accruing points”. Are we accruing points at relegation rate, low mid table rate, top ten or top six rate?

We are playing a LOT better than in games 1-6. FACT!

I’m amazed the moaners haven’t screeched “You can’t score .4 of a point!”

We have played 17.

29 games to go. IF we average 1.4 ppg for the rest of the season we will get 40.6 more points and thus end on 56 or 57.

Not great but very probably safe.

Yes, of course we COULD lose the next six games. If we do we reassess.

If we manage more than six I will be well satisfied

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2372
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Zip » 11 Nov 2018 20:30

Snowball wrote:Thank you, Ian

It is hardly rocket science, and you quite rightly point out that there was nothing false about those stats.

Instead, as you also point out, 1.4 points per game multiplied by 46 games = 64.4 points. ALL that means is “a side averaging 1.4 ppg will finish on 64 or 65 points. The “season equivalent” (again, as you note, is just a quick clarification, a shorthand for “how we are accruing points”. Are we accruing points at relegation rate, low mid table rate, top ten or top six rate?

We are playing a LOT better than in games 1-6. FACT!

I’m amazed the moaners haven’t screeched “You can’t score .4 of a point!”

We have played 17.

29 games to go. IF we average 1.4 ppg for the rest of the season we will get 40.6 more points and thus end on 56 or 57.

Not great but very probably safe.

Yes, of course we COULD lose the next six games. If we do we reassess.

If we manage more than six I will be well satisfied



Bottom line, We are averaging less than a point per game this season and are level on points with the team second from bottom. We have a team like Rotherham who have a squad costing a fraction of ours above us in the League table. Simply put it’s not good enough.

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1922
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Nov 2018 21:05

Zip wrote:
Snowball wrote:Thank you, Ian

It is hardly rocket science, and you quite rightly point out that there was nothing false about those stats.

Instead, as you also point out, 1.4 points per game multiplied by 46 games = 64.4 points. ALL that means is “a side averaging 1.4 ppg will finish on 64 or 65 points. The “season equivalent” (again, as you note, is just a quick clarification, a shorthand for “how we are accruing points”. Are we accruing points at relegation rate, low mid table rate, top ten or top six rate?

We are playing a LOT better than in games 1-6. FACT!

I’m amazed the moaners haven’t screeched “You can’t score .4 of a point!”

We have played 17.

29 games to go. IF we average 1.4 ppg for the rest of the season we will get 40.6 more points and thus end on 56 or 57.

Not great but very probably safe.

Yes, of course we COULD lose the next six games. If we do we reassess.

If we manage more than six I will be well satisfied



Bottom line, We are averaging less than a point per game this season and are level on points with the team second from bottom. We have a team like Rotherham who have a squad costing a fraction of ours above us in the League table. Simply put it’s not good enough.


Don't know about you but the next 5 out of 6 fixtures are worrying me.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2372
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by Zip » 11 Nov 2018 21:08

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Zip wrote:
Snowball wrote:Thank you, Ian

It is hardly rocket science, and you quite rightly point out that there was nothing false about those stats.

Instead, as you also point out, 1.4 points per game multiplied by 46 games = 64.4 points. ALL that means is “a side averaging 1.4 ppg will finish on 64 or 65 points. The “season equivalent” (again, as you note, is just a quick clarification, a shorthand for “how we are accruing points”. Are we accruing points at relegation rate, low mid table rate, top ten or top six rate?

We are playing a LOT better than in games 1-6. FACT!

I’m amazed the moaners haven’t screeched “You can’t score .4 of a point!”

We have played 17.

29 games to go. IF we average 1.4 ppg for the rest of the season we will get 40.6 more points and thus end on 56 or 57.

Not great but very probably safe.

Yes, of course we COULD lose the next six games. If we do we reassess.

If we manage more than six I will be well satisfied



Bottom line, We are averaging less than a point per game this season and are level on points with the team second from bottom. We have a team like Rotherham who have a squad costing a fraction of ours above us in the League table. Simply put it’s not good enough.


Don't know about you but the next 5 out of 6 fixtures are worrying me.


Wigan are in very poor form. That’s winnable. Leeds will be tough but they are not in great form at the moment. Our next four home games look tough though and we will have to defend a lot better than we are to pick up points in those games.

User avatar
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 21305
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 00:22
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Nov 2018 21:38

Snowflake Royal wrote:4-3-3 IMO. But for the entire second half today, when McCleary came on for Rinomhota he played as a striker. And is a striker.

No way was McCleary playing as a striker. Apart from the last few minutes he was hugging the touchline, and often sitting deep enough people around me were shouting at him to push forward

206 posts

Who is online

It is currently 15 Dec 2018 20:53