Ian
7%

Total votes: 99
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

The very latest in Clement In/Out Polls

by BR0B0T » 11 Nov 2018 10:27

fairly easy...

Should Clement stay or should we get someone else to take the reigns (Ian Royal for example)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The very latest in Clement In/Out Polls

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 14:20

Results and performance have objectively picked up a bit since the start of the season. We're scoring goals. Clement is acting where possible on issues and poor performers.

We've ended up further down the league every time we've switched managers in rece nt years. That's enough proof that 'X can't do worse' is just plain wrong.

So as virtually always, I'm still In! for Clement. I think he has good ideas about what we need in January and can build on who he has already brought in.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 Nov 2018 14:26

Definitely IN for me.

Nobody understands the problems better than Clement. Clement knows what the issues are and I'm confident he will find the solutions. He has shown great leadership so far. Yes results haven't been fantastic but a lot of improvement needs to be made in so many areas before we can see a big improvement in results. But there is no doubt that the improvements are happening. The turnaround is on. The Royals are on their way back and Clement is leading the resurgence. He is as talented a manager as any that I have seen at our club. When you consider the shambles that he has inherited, slowly slowly he is making progress. And it will be slowly slowly these days because thanks to transfer windows and long contracts you can't change things around fast anymore. Patience is more important than ever.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Nov 2018 14:59

Out. Gives the new manager a chance to assess where we are and what we need in the transfer window when it opens. If it hadn't been for late capitulations by Millwall and Hull we would have been 2 points adrift of safety with 4 very tricky games coming up.
Clement clearly hasn't got a clue about his first 11.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 Nov 2018 15:13

Ascot, you think a new manager will do better in a January window than Clement? A new manager will come in clueless about this team and will spend the next 6 months finding out about them all.

Clement has already been through that process of learning about this bunch of players and knows better than anyone else what improvements need to be made. This constant kneejerking is leading us to League One.

What was the point of appointing Clement in the first place if you are not going to give him any time to actually do the job? He has spent 6 months learning and assessing this group. Now it is time for him to act. He will act in January and he will act again in the summer. We need to support him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Nov 2018 15:14

Ian who?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Nov 2018 15:28

Top Flight Ascot, you think a new manager will do better in a January window than Clement? A new manager will come in clueless about this team and will spend the next 6 months finding out about them all.

Clement has already been through that process of learning about this bunch of players and knows better than anyone else what improvements need to be made. This constant kneejerking is leading us to League One.

He hardly did well with his summer signings did he. Sticking with Clement who keeps telling us the problems, 'repetition, repetition, repetition' but appears to do little about resolving them, will certainly send us to League 1.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2018 15:40

Can see arguments both ways tbh

We should be doing better than we are, but we have certainly improved and he has been unlucky in terms of a huge squad of meh and some unfortunate injuries

Said ‘in’ on the basis that I’ve enjoyed watching us 10 times more than last year and I think we are gradually getting into shape. Serious questions need to be asked about his ability to motivate the players to play 2 good halves in one game mind you

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Nov 2018 15:45

Now how did I know who the OP would be before even checking it?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Nov 2018 16:00

I don’t know.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Nov 2018 16:26

Out but will be pleased for him he turns this around

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Nov 2018 16:44

About a month ago I was leaning towards "out, but it probably won't make a difference". But after the last few matches I really don't see why you'd get rid.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Nov 2018 17:25

Top Flight Ascot, you think a new manager will do better in a January window than Clement? A new manager will come in clueless about this team and will spend the next 6 months finding out about them all.

What was the point of appointing Clement in the first place if you are not going to give him any time to actually do the job? He has spent 6 months learning and assessing this group. Now it is time for him to act. He will act in January and he will act again in the summer. We need to support him.

I do believe a new manager would make a difference in the transfer window. If its well known manager with a track record he may well have connections or links to clubs that can get us decent loanees or available frees. To me Paul Clement hasn't been a manager long enough or successful enough to have those links. He may well have been working with some good managers but his purchases have been poor and we now have a fat bloated squad, a lot of which needs shipping out. I keep hearing from some from here that this a building process. That may have been the case 20 or 30 years ago, but not in the modern era. Fans and owners want success now and the manager is pinnacle to that success. Warnock in one season got a rubbish Cardiff team to the PL is a classic example of a proper manager with a track record who can turn things around. McCarthy is another good manager with a decent record. Their style might not be pretty but they get results. What we have is a manager who looks like he doesn't know his best team, certainly you have to question his ability know about defending, and quite frankly seems like a nice guy but I'm sick of hearing the same interview nearly every week after a loss or draw and people touting his "honesty".

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Nov 2018 17:44

I’ve been Clement out for as long as I can remember and I’m tempted to not go to another home game until he’s gone.

Augem

by Augem » 11 Nov 2018 17:48

I had a tour of stadium today saw and heard a few things and it just kept going through my mind whilst there , they need a new manager and Murty is the man.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Nov 2018 18:06

Oh boy, it's the Stam thing again where we have a poll every few weeks.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Nov 2018 19:09

tidus_mi2 Oh boy, it's the Stam thing again where we have a poll every few weeks.

All started by the same poster. :shock:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Nov 2018 19:11

Ascotexgunner

I do believe a new manager would make a difference in the transfer window. If its well known manager with a track record he may well have connections or links to clubs that can get us decent loanees or available frees. To me Paul Clement hasn't been a manager long enough or successful enough to have those links. He may well have been working with some good managers but his purchases have been poor and we now have a fat bloated squad, a lot of which needs shipping out. I keep hearing from some from here that this a building process. That may have been the case 20 or 30 years ago, but not in the modern era. Fans and owners want success now and the manager is pinnacle to that success. Warnock in one season got a rubbish Cardiff team to the PL is a classic example of a proper manager with a track record who can turn things around. McCarthy is another good manager with a decent record. Their style might not be pretty but they get results. What we have is a manager who looks like he doesn't know his best team, certainly you have to question his ability know about defending, and quite frankly seems like a nice guy but I'm sick of hearing the same interview nearly every week after a loss or draw and people touting his "honesty".

Ever heard of paragraphs?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Nov 2018 19:26

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

Ever heard of paragraphs?

Had one of those when I was a kid. Had two knobs to draw lines, could never do horizontals.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 11 Nov 2018 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2018 19:48

In.

We've started to string together some results at home and look more like a Reading team than we have since the Russian decided he "wanted better football".

This manager,wants to do his best for the club in a way I don't think any manager other than Brian has in the last six years.

It's up to those who are above the manager to get rid of the deadwood in the squad and let the manager get in the players he wants.