BFTG Leeds

155 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Leeds

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Nov 2018 08:03

Kulshaw72RFC
sandman
Snowflake Royal Andy's Griffin, Bernal and Yiadom would like have a word. Jeff Hopkins also isn't very happy with you and I suspect there are more.

As would this man:

8)

He wasn't a RB

Tell that to Liverpool.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Nov 2018 08:15

Pepe the Horseman
Kulshaw72RFC
sandman As would this man:

8)

He wasn't a RB

Tell that to Liverpool.

One of the best moments as a Reading fan.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 08:16

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Kulshaw72RFC
He wasn't a RB

Tell that to Liverpool.

One of the best moments as a Reading fan.

Plus 99999999999999999999

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Nov 2018 08:47

It's no coincidence that Insua's career took a nosedive after that

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Nov 2018 09:40

genome It's no coincidence that Insua's career took a nosedive after that

After posting that, I re-watched the highlights from the game. My God, I forgot how good Jobi's chance was, would've no doubt have been one of the best ever FA Cups goals.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Nov 2018 11:21

Hendo

After posting that, I re-watched the highlights from the game. My God, I forgot how good Jobi's chance was, would've no doubt have been one of the best ever FA Cups goals.

Agreed - up there with Ronnie Radford.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Nov 2018 12:07

Hendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDbk6DH7YY&app=desktop

cheer up your Friday

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Nov 2018 12:11

I think my favourite thing about that game was singing The Final Countdown for the entirety of extra time, you can sometimes hear it on the video. Oh, and rabidbee and me getting threatened in a pub after for being cockney oxf*rd.

Right.

Anyway

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Nov 2018 13:24

stealthpapes

/saved

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 Nov 2018 13:54

Rasiak, Church...

Just goes to show how team spirit can sometimes overcome (relative) lack of quality

I wish we had another Gunnarson!

Who was the fifteen year old who scored our winning goal?

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 30 Nov 2018 13:58

URZZZZ Gutting result, 9 of those players put an absolute shift in today

Jaakkola - 7 Couple of decent saves, unlucky with the goal

Yiadom - 8 Reverted back to his early season form, much improved
Ilori - 8 See above
Moore - 8 Solid
Gunter - 6 Started off really poorly, but got into it and put in a couple of decent balls. Should have given away a penalty, what on earth was he thinking of punching the ball while it was on the pitch

Bacuna 8 - couple of braindead Bacuna moments but absolute class at times
Rinomhota 9 - best midfield performance of the season, absolute class
Kelly 8 - also very good, reverted back to old form Kelly
Swift 3 - atrocious, absolutely atrocious, one decent flick aside to Kelly was hopeless, really disappointed and wouldn't be upset not to see him in a Reading shirt again

Loader - 7 Started really well but tired, very promising though and should keep his place
Meite 3 - Woeful, heavy touches and contributed nothing. Would still have kept him on though to go more direct

Subs : McCleary 6 - decent moments
Sims 5 - I thought he was really poor when he came on but ultimately he created the penalty so deserves another shot
McNulty 5 - decent run and was unlucky not to get there. Seen worse pens, not going to criticize, he is simply a lower league striker

OK, I accept player scores are subjective, but how do you have 6 players with 8+ scores and a further two with a score of 7 in a game where we had two shots on target (one a penalty) and were second in just about every meaningful statistic. Leeds had the majority of their first team IX out injured (Ayling, Janssen, Berardi, Bamford, Izzy Brown and (not Nick) Blackman) and played fairly poorly, so surely we're not going to argue the high quality of opposition justifies such optimism. Yes, Rinomhota was indeed good, but seriously, a 9? And Kelly, with no shots, no assists, no tackles (really, zero tackles), only 38 touches, 29 pass attempts with a pass completion rate of a piss-poor 63%, was dispossessed several times, and he's an 8? We all want to see Kelly return to his best, but let's not pretend this is happening when it clearly isn't. These are the player scores of a team that has taken the opposition apart. If we did that, I missed it.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 16:31

Ins-who-a?????

AMIRITE!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 16:31

Hendo

Just watched it too.

Brought a tear to my japs-eye.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 16:32

Snowball Rasiak, Church...

Just goes to show how team spirit can sometimes overcome (relative) lack of quality

I wish we had another Gunnarson!

Who was the fifteen year old who scored our winning goal?

I remember when we signed Rasiak and he was supposed to be incredible.

That lasted all of 9 minutes.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Dec 2018 17:25

ladida_gunner_graham
URZZZZ Gutting result, 9 of those players put an absolute shift in today

Jaakkola - 7 Couple of decent saves, unlucky with the goal

Yiadom - 8 Reverted back to his early season form, much improved
Ilori - 8 See above
Moore - 8 Solid
Gunter - 6 Started off really poorly, but got into it and put in a couple of decent balls. Should have given away a penalty, what on earth was he thinking of punching the ball while it was on the pitch

Bacuna 8 - couple of braindead Bacuna moments but absolute class at times
Rinomhota 9 - best midfield performance of the season, absolute class
Kelly 8 - also very good, reverted back to old form Kelly
Swift 3 - atrocious, absolutely atrocious, one decent flick aside to Kelly was hopeless, really disappointed and wouldn't be upset not to see him in a Reading shirt again

Loader - 7 Started really well but tired, very promising though and should keep his place
Meite 3 - Woeful, heavy touches and contributed nothing. Would still have kept him on though to go more direct

Subs : McCleary 6 - decent moments
Sims 5 - I thought he was really poor when he came on but ultimately he created the penalty so deserves another shot
McNulty 5 - decent run and was unlucky not to get there. Seen worse pens, not going to criticize, he is simply a lower league striker

OK, I accept player scores are subjective, but how do you have 6 players with 8+ scores and a further two with a score of 7 in a game where we had two shots on target (one a penalty) and were second in just about every meaningful statistic. Leeds had the majority of their first team IX out injured (Ayling, Janssen, Berardi, Bamford, Izzy Brown and (not Nick) Blackman) and played fairly poorly, so surely we're not going to argue the high quality of opposition justifies such optimism. Yes, Rinomhota was indeed good, but seriously, a 9? And Kelly, with no shots, no assists, no tackles (really, zero tackles), only 38 touches, 29 pass attempts with a pass completion rate of a piss-poor 63%, was dispossessed several times, and he's an 8? We all want to see Kelly return to his best, but let's not pretend this is happening when it clearly isn't. These are the player scores of a team that has taken the opposition apart. If we did that, I missed it.

Put your own ratings up if you're going to criticize and I'll then pick faults with yours. And stop firing stats, they're so meaningless, apart from goals scored. Pass completion is the worst stat going, you can have players like George Evans with his 98% pass accuracy because they all go sideways and backwards, or you can have someone who tries to create with a lower accuracy. FYI, we made Leeds look poor with our game plan (hence the higher ratings), so bore off and put in your own opinion before having a go at someone else

155 posts