BFTG Leeds

155 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: BFTG Leeds

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Nov 2018 14:52

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Why would you give a single toss about what someone who is on 15k a week reads on a fan forurm? If he doesn't like to be criticised then he shouldn't be playing professional sport, it comes with the territory. You shouldn't be made to feel bad because Chris Gunter is overly sensitive and quite frankly wet. He is a bang average player who should be a great player and the reason he isn't a great player is because he is complacent and idle. He is happy earning decent money and playing Championship football, he accepts failure and gets over it quickly rather than working to get better and improve. The good and great players work so hard to stay or get to the level they are at, Chris Gunter just doesn't have that in him. Finally if he is that hyper sensitive then he shouldn't read about himself on Twitter or visit fan forums? What is he realisitically expecting to see? We aren't all Welsh and we aren't going to blow smoke up his arse on a daily basis.

He needs to leave the club for his own benefit, his time here is over.

It's called empathy and decency.

Football is rife with mental health issues and earning stupid money doesn't solve that. Gunter's always struck me as a nice guy who is trying hard, which I don't think deserves abuse.

Saying he is a very poor player and shouldn't be at the club isn't abuse. How the hell would you know if he has mental issues or not btw? What difference does that make to critiquing his footballing ability? If you want to play professionally and make a living partly funded by the supporters who pay to see you then you are fair game. The line however is crossed when supporters attack him on a personal level or make references to his sexuality. That is wrong and borderline illegal in some cases and the police should be involved.

You made references to his sexuality last week

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2018 14:53

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal It's called empathy and decency.

Football is rife with mental health issues and earning stupid money doesn't solve that. Gunter's always struck me as a nice guy who is trying hard, which I don't think deserves abuse.

Saying he is a very poor player and shouldn't be at the club isn't abuse. How the hell would you know if he has mental issues or not btw? What difference does that make to critiquing his footballing ability? If you want to play professionally and make a living partly funded by the supporters who pay to see you then you are fair game. The line however is crossed when supporters attack him on a personal level or make references to his sexuality. That is wrong and borderline illegal in some cases and the police should be involved.

You made references to his sexuality last week

There is again a difference between referencing it and abusing him because of it.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Nov 2018 14:57

Tilehurstsouthbank
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
He isn't even in our top 5 greatest right back's of all time you clown.

2nd best behind Murty and there is no discussion to be had. Murty wasn't even THAT good tbh and wouldn't get into the current squad. He was quite average in an a great squad that hid his flaws in a different era of football.

Does your knowledge of Reading FC only go as far back as 2005?

Been watching since 1994.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Nov 2018 15:29

Kulshaw72RFC
Tilehurstsouthbank
Kulshaw72RFC

2nd best behind Murty and there is no discussion to be had. Murty wasn't even THAT good tbh and wouldn't get into the current squad. He was quite average in an a great squad that hid his flaws in a different era of football.

Newbie.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 29 Nov 2018 15:39

Kulshaw72RFC
Tilehurstsouthbank
Kulshaw72RFC

So no better right backs in that time than Murty then?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Nov 2018 15:49

Tilehurstsouthbank
Kulshaw72RFC
Tilehurstsouthbank

No

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2018 17:14

NewCorkSeth Jesus Christ have we not ran out of Gunter discussion topics yet? Let's talk about someone else for a bit. How about we talk about Ilori.

What does everyone think about Ilori?

yep the Gunts discussion is painfully dull. Surely everything that can be said has been by now

Ilori - loads of talent, potentially a very good player. Plays better against better teams, but prone to the odd mare against strikers who he shouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered by. Talk Reading worships him.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Nov 2018 17:16

Kulshaw72RFC
Tilehurstsouthbank
Kulshaw72RFC

No

Rosenior was better than both of them combined ability-wise.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 29 Nov 2018 17:36

Scanned through the comments and though not a huge fan of his given the role he played on Tuesday, thought Kelly was ok.

I thought a lot of positives came out of that performance but also highlighted the areas we need to address: -

Jaakkola is number 1 - yes his kicking is suspect but his general keeping gives me more confidence that the other two.

Left back - No offence to Gunter, but this whole left back saga has gone on too long. Its embarrassing. We need a true left back to play left back. Yes one good cross in the second half but having him on the left unbalances us and stalls many of our breaks because he checks back..

Moore / Illori - Moore Solid / Illori - thought he was very good

Yiadom - Played well

Bacuna and Rhino - Thought were both very good. I have long thought our midfield is what is causing us the problems but if those two can for a partnership and play like that every week we have a base to build from.

Swift - Just want to see him play well, but beginning to think its in his head.. He has the talent, I liked the old Swift as a player, but post injury Swift just seems to drift in and out of matches.. Being done when he turned his back in the first half was sunday league stuff.

Loader - Really impressed - yes tired, but just thought he looked a player. Good touch, confident.. Give him a run. He will gain experience, that will give him confidence and we could have a very good player on our hands.

Meite - I like him though he is very raw and thought he showed that on Tuesday. Was marked 2 v 1 but allowed himself to be easily ganged up on... Thought he could have done more to pull their centre halves wider to try and isolate himself 1v1.

In summary was left thinking there were lots of positives from that display. We have three good young players who as they gain more experience could be very good. So, if we can stay up this season, whilst getting rid of some of the deadwood / less performing players and replacing them with 2-3 quality players over the next two transfer windows then we could have a good season next year...

I really hope Clement get the results that will allow him to keep blooding these young lads, its promising..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Nov 2018 17:47

John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC
Tilehurstsouthbank

No

oxf*rd right off! Mr so big for his boots he fell over 5 times a game? Gunts every day of the week and Murty shat all over him.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Nov 2018 17:51

Snowflake Royal
John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC
No

oxf*rd right off! Mr so big for his boots he fell over 5 times a game? Gunts every day of the week and Murty shat all over him.

Never agreed more with you before.

Peter mate over him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Nov 2018 17:53

Hound
NewCorkSeth Jesus Christ have we not ran out of Gunter discussion topics yet? Let's talk about someone else for a bit. How about we talk about Ilori.

yep the Gunts discussion is painfully dull. Surely everything that can be said has been by now

Ilori - loads of talent, potentially a very good player. Plays better against better teams, but prone to the odd mare against strikers who he shouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered by. Talk Reading worships him.

I just love the casual little flicks he does on the ball. He's clearly got a huge amount of talent. Feel like he is wasted as a CB. When he was younger someone should have turned him into a DM or a WB.

I worry sometimes that he's not that bothered about being a footballer.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 29 Nov 2018 18:10

Snowflake Royal
John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC
No

Totally agree this... Absolute Lightweight... If he had had Murts commitment would have been a great player for us but you could almost mirror his weak performances with the way we wimped out of the premier league... Now we have to listen to him talking utter xxxx on Sky sounding like he had a career as good as Bertie Vogts!! :(

One surprise on Tuesday was listening to the co-commentator 'Donny Good looks' actually saying something positive about Reading.. Have always thought he had something against us but on Tuesday he was quite complimentary... :shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Nov 2018 18:48

John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC
Tilehurstsouthbank

No

:lol:

Shame was shit at everything else.

Marty was real quality.

Dave Kitson told me, and he hated Murty!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2018 22:33

NewCorkSeth
Hound

I just love the casual little flicks he does on the ball. He's clearly got a huge amount of talent. Feel like he is wasted as a CB. When he was younger someone should have turned him into a DM or a WB.

Not sure anyone else is bothered but...

One of the Highlights of the Leeds game for me was when he did that forward run and took it past about 3 or 4 Leeds players without looking like it took any effort whatsoever

A truly strange player to work out. Could either be the best CB Reading has ever seen or drift into complete obscurity

Picked up a few bits round the club of him being a throughly good bloke - know he hired out a box for his family to come and watch in last year. Hope it works out for him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Nov 2018 22:44

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Hound

Not sure anyone else is bothered but...

One of the Highlights of the Leeds game for me was when he did that forward run and took it past about 3 or 4 Leeds players without looking like it took any effort whatsoever

A truly strange player to work out. Could either be the best CB Reading has ever seen or drift into complete obscurity

Picked up a few bits round the club of him being a throughly good bloke - know he hired out a box for his family to come and watch in last year. Hope it works out for him.

I'm sure I mentioned that in my BFTG (or at least a post of mine on this thread)

It was fantastic. He moves with such ease. He's certainly an enigma. He's good at his defensive duties (headers, marking, tackling, positioning) and very good at his contributions to attacking phases with his movement and passing. Hes strong and someone at the club said hes the fastest player we have. Maybe his decision making needs work?

I dunno. He just seem a to have all the attributes to be much better than this level.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2018 22:52

Main issue for me with him, as mentioned is I think he switches off against poorer teams

Seen him have some shockers Against forwards who aren’t fit to lace his boots. Realistically a lad with such talent should be horrified to be dropped for John O’Shea.

Still enjoy watching him and hope he and Moore can form the sort of partnership they are well capable of

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Nov 2018 23:18

Illori? He's like a Poundland Varane.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Nov 2018 23:22

Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
He isn't even in our top 5 greatest right back's of all time you clown.

Andy's Griffin, Bernal and Yiadom would like have a word. Jeff Hopkins also isn't very happy with you and I suspect there are more.

As would this man:

8)

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 07:29

sandman
Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC

Andy's Griffin, Bernal and Yiadom would like have a word. Jeff Hopkins also isn't very happy with you and I suspect there are more.

As would this man:

8)

He wasn't a RB

155 posts
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 15:37