202 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: FA cup 3rd round draw

by Zip » 03 Dec 2018 21:04

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews
Why is it nonsense to want the club I support to win football matches?
Can I remind you we got to the FA Cup semi a few years ago thanks to a favourable draw, anything can happen.

You know I can want my club to win football matches and enjoy a draw against a big side at the same time?

Presumably you hated being drawn against Arsenal because you thought we'd be stuffed? Well, we weren't.

Arsenal in the semi? No I was just happy to be there to be honest. Was obviously a tough game but you expect that in a semi. When you draw a huge side away in the 3rd round and when you love the cup as much as I do it is a real let down. Let's face it, we are going to do oxf*rd all in the league so the FA Cup was the only hope of a bit of an adventure we had left.

You never know. We were in a similar mess when McDermott took over from Rodgers and then went to Anfield and beat Liverpool. It will ten years next month since that game.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2018 21:05

@FACupFactfile

Top line thoughts from the #FACup 3rd Rd draw

TV matches predictions
BBC will choose Wolves v Liverpool
and Tranmere/Southport vs Spurs

BT will choose Woking v Watford, Man Utd v Reading & Chelsea v Nottingham Forest

Man Utd and Reading have been drawn together for the 10th time ... Man Utd have won eight of the previous nine (one of the most one-sided match ups in #FACup history)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 21:08

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
You know I can want my club to win football matches and enjoy a draw against a big side at the same time?

Presumably you hated being drawn against Arsenal because you thought we'd be stuffed? Well, we weren't.

Arsenal in the semi? No I was just happy to be there to be honest. Was obviously a tough game but you expect that in a semi. When you draw a huge side away in the 3rd round and when you love the cup as much as I do it is a real let down. Let's face it, we are going to do oxf*rd all in the league so the FA Cup was the only hope of a bit of an adventure we had left.

And a lot of fans will also be happy to be at Man United.

I think you're just being miserable. If we had been drawn against Rotherham, I reckon you would've been on here straight away saying it was a shit draw.

It's a shit draw for sure but you have the realistic possibility of getting through which takes away the sting a bit. You then get another chance in round 4 to get a decent tie. Even United at home would have been alright to a degree, at least it won't mean getting oxf*rd over by the richest club in world football again. United charge a scandalous amount to watch games at Old Trafford which makes the game even less appealing.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 03 Dec 2018 21:09

Old Man Andrews
Gunny Fishcake
Old Man Andrews
Why is it nonsense to want the club I support to win football matches?
Can I remind you we got to the FA Cup semi a few years ago thanks to a favourable draw, anything can happen.

It's not nonsense of course wanting us to support our team winning, I took offence (not in a big way) at tarring all season ticket holders who will travel to the game a day tripper and being told to go and f*ck myself !

Where did I mention season ticket holders?? Of course we aren't daytrippers. I'm referring to the plus 1's or 2's of season ticket holders who turn up because it is Old Trafford or people who haven't attended a home game since 2005 jumping on the bandwagon.

You're being pedantic, you didn't say season ticket holders but you did insiuate those making the long expensive trip to Manchester are day trippers, that's unfair in my opinion. Anyhow we're both season tickets holders so let's agree to shake hands and make up ....if you're not too miserable to do so :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Dec 2018 21:15

Would have been a great home draw. Would love to have taken the kids to see Utd

Just see it being a pretty dull 2-0 away defeat

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Dec 2018 21:15

It will almost certainly be shown on BT Sports.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 21:16

Old Man Andrews It's a shit draw for sure but you have the realistic possibility of getting through which takes away the sting a bit.

Yes but it's boring.

I don't watch football to be bored. At least with this match we get to witness the hilarity of Marcus Rashford vs Chris Gunter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 21:18

genome
Old Man Andrews It's a shit draw for sure but you have the realistic possibility of getting through which takes away the sting a bit.

Yes but it's boring.

I don't watch football to be bored. At least with this match we get to witness the hilarity of Marcus Rashford vs Chris Gunter.

Hmmmm you're selling it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Dec 2018 21:19

Oh well, big crowd and TV cash at least. Plus the slim hope of sticking one over on Mourinho.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Dec 2018 21:20

windermereROYAL

@FACupFactfile

Top line thoughts from the #FACup 3rd Rd draw

TV matches predictions
BBC will choose Wolves v Liverpool
and Tranmere/Southport vs Spurs

BT will choose Woking v Watford, Man Utd v Reading & Chelsea v Nottingham Forest

Man Utd and Reading have been drawn together for the 10th time ... Man Utd have won eight of the previous nine (one of the most one-sided match ups in #FACup history)

I reckon Wrexham/Newport V Leicester will be shown along with Solihull/Blackpool v Arsenal. I cannot see why our game would be shown this time around.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 21:21

Snowflake Royal Oh well, big crowd and TV cash at least. Plus the slim hope of sticking one over on Mourinho.

You reckon he's making it to January 5th?? :D

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Dec 2018 21:21

Hound Would have been a great home draw. Would love to have taken the kids to see Utd

Just see it being a pretty dull 2-0 away defeat

That would be an improvement on last time's Stam's tactics of rolling over and letting them tickle our tummies. They didn't even need to break sweat, them or us. Hopefully they will rest quite a few and we can see Jose spontaneously combust on the touch line when we nick a late winner.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Dec 2018 21:43

Old Man Andrews Where did I mention season ticket holders?? Of course we aren't daytrippers. I'm referring to the plus 1's or 2's of season ticket holders who turn up because it is Old Trafford or people who haven't attended a home game since 2005 jumping on the bandwagon.

Only if the tickets are subsidised again by the club. Full price will be around £45.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Dec 2018 21:50

Lower West
Old Man Andrews Where did I mention season ticket holders?? Of course we aren't daytrippers. I'm referring to the plus 1's or 2's of season ticket holders who turn up because it is Old Trafford or people who haven't attended a home game since 2005 jumping on the bandwagon.

Only if the tickets are subsidised again by the club. Full price will be around £45.

It was excellent from the club to do this. Deplorable pricing from one of the richest clubs in the world.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 03 Dec 2018 21:58

genome
Gunny Fishcake
genome

Christ talk about being bloody miserable , I've been to every game we've played at Man U over the last twenty years, as many other away games, how dare you call true fans day trippers. Get a life

Don't worry - OMA is a good poster, he just comes out with the odd burst of complete nonsense every now and then

I think old man andrews is spot on. You only have to look at our away tie against Arsenal in the League Cup back in 2005 era when we took 200,000 away fans 99% of them being daytrippers.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 22:11

oldebiscuit
genome
Gunny Fishcake
Christ talk about being bloody miserable , I've been to every game we've played at Man U over the last twenty years, as many other away games, how dare you call true fans day trippers. Get a life

Don't worry - OMA is a good poster, he just comes out with the odd burst of complete nonsense every now and then

I think old man andrews is spot on. You only have to look at our away tie against Arsenal in the League Cup back in 2005 era when we took 200,000 away fans 99% of them being daytrippers.

Who cares?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 22:28

genome
oldebiscuit
genome

Who cares?

Maybe you are a said daytripper?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Dec 2018 22:38

Day trippers or die hards they're all adding to the kitty.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2018 22:40

Old Man Andrews
genome
oldebiscuit

Who cares?

Season ticket holder so no

Just don’t see my enjoyment being spoiled by the presence of a granny quietly sat down munching sandwiches.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Dec 2018 22:44

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
Who cares?

Season ticket holder so no

Just don’t see my enjoyment being spoiled by the presence of a granny quietly sat down munching sandwiches.

And the granny sat down munching sandwiches may also be a STH.

Bored of the constant "right kind of fan" policing.

202 posts