The owners have spoken.

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

The owners have spoken.

by windermereROYAL » 30 Nov 2018 12:57

The appointment of a Chief Executive is an extremely important one for any business. Football is certainly no different. So my brother and I know how crucial this next appointment is for Reading Football Club and therefore appreciate how important it is that we establish the right person who is the right fit for the role going forward.
It is vital that the process is thorough and given the due diligence it deserves to ensure we make the best possible decision.

Rest assured, we are working extremely hard to bring in the ideal candidate, but expect it to take time. In the interim period, Vice Chairman Nigel Howe and I will manage the day-to-day running of the club.

And we are confident we can lead and implicitly trust an experienced and long-serving senior management team and their staff to operate this club to the high standards our supporters have come to expect and certainly deserve. These people know the club inside out and, with your support, will steer the ship in the right direction.
Reading Football Club is a club of great honour, held in the highest esteem by so many - and its history is long and rich. As owners, we are extremely proud to be part of this family.
Last but not least, we would like to thank you. Supporting your team is not always easy. But your loyal backing is not taken for granted. It is very much valued by all at Reading Football Club.
Ms Xiu Li Dai

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The owners have spoken.

by leon » 30 Nov 2018 13:22

People of the Earth we have a death ray pointing at your puny planet.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2018 14:21

And now with added Chronicle comment

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... r-backing/

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Nov 2018 15:00

Had anyone else completely forgotten we don't have a ceo?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Nov 2018 15:56

Pepe the Horseman Had anyone else completely forgotten we don't have a ceo?

Possibly pre-occupied by the realisation that we have a 'Manager' only in name. :cry:

Orion

by Orion » 30 Nov 2018 16:10

I'd be a bit uncomfortable if I were Clement.

Howe wants the best for this club and won't fcuk about.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 16:26

We have owners?

Orion

by Orion » 30 Nov 2018 17:04

Another valuable contribution by DD.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 17:09

Can't see what that says but assume it is either racist, homophobia or disablist.

Orion

by Orion » 30 Nov 2018 17:16

Thicko.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Nov 2018 18:17

Orion I'd be a bit uncomfortable if I were Clement.

Clement is the right man at the right time. Howe was up at Leeds on Tuesday, Hopefully will have more involvement in reinstating the Reading way of doing things. Gone off the rails but on the way back.

Ex CEO of Brentford would be an interesting appointment.

Orion

by Orion » 30 Nov 2018 18:41

Lower West

Clement is the right man at the right time. Howe was up at Leeds on Tuesday, Hopefully will have more involvement in reinstating the Reading way of doing things. Gone off the rails but on the way back.

This Clement is the right guy myth I just don't get.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Nov 2018 18:57

Orion
Lower West

No myth. Just a boring fact.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 30 Nov 2018 19:16

Nigel Howe should be given the role. Was there during our most successful days. Hope the owners back the club with some money to get in short term options to drag the club to safety this season and pump in some more next season. I don't think that much is needed to finish above 3 sides this season. Finish above Rotherham and we will be OK

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 30 Nov 2018 19:16

Nigel Howe should be given the role. Was there during our most successful days. Hope the owners back the club with some money to get in short term options to drag the club to safety this season and pump in some more next season. I don't think that much is needed to finish above 3 sides this season. Finish above Rotherham and we will be OK

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 30 Nov 2018 19:20

Reading4eva Nigel Howe should be given the role. Was there during our most successful days. Hope the owners back the club with some money to get in short term options to drag the club to safety this season and pump in some more next season. I don't think that much is needed to finish above 3 sides this season. Finish above Rotherham and we will be OK

Bournemouth aren't in the same league as Rotherham.

Orion

by Orion » 30 Nov 2018 19:41

Lower West
Orion
Lower West

No myth. Just a boring fact.

A fact?

Ok.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Nov 2018 23:37

Brentford ‘s player recruitment has been outstanding since joining the championship Jota, Harlee Dean, and Scott Hogan. All bought for pittance sold for big money. And then they get Neal Mapey and Ollie Watkins for less than we payed for Aluko. For me two of the best players in the championship. And there manager choices haven’t been bad either.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2018 10:20

JM was on BBC Berks this am (between 9 and 10 am for those who want to go back on catch up). Interview also will be on podcast later.

Mostly a lot of PR spiel but did say that RG chose to have his office at the club's training ground rather than at the stadium.

Said that everyone should left to do their own jobs.

Doesn't know if NH would be interested in the CEO role again on a long term basis as is very involved with property side of things.

Reiterated Mr Yongge is a multi-billionaire who is very interested in football. He does not speak much English but obviously his sister does.

Atmosphere is picking up around the place.

Anyone else who heard it able to add anything?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2018 10:22

Sutekh JM was on BBC Berks this am (between 9 and 10 am for those who want to go back on catch up). Interview also will be on podcast later.

Mostly a lot of PR spiel but did say that RG chose to have his office at the club's training ground rather than at the stadium.

Not sure I buy this fully. I think he must have had offices at both as any time I went to the stadium to pick up tickets in the week his car was there.

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1