Nigel Howe appointed new CEO

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Nigel Howe appointed new CEO

by sandman » 06 Dec 2018 17:54

Not as excited about this as others. Out of those who were around during the good years Howe is the one I would say was least important to that success.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Dec 2018 18:10

sandman Not as excited about this as others. Out of those who were around during the good years Howe is the one I would say was least important to that success.

The old Kingsley was crucial. The club went downhill once he changed costume.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2018 18:13

leon
sandman Not as excited about this as others. Out of those who were around during the good years Howe is the one I would say was least important to that success.

Costume? The old Kingsley was crucial. The club went downhill once he changed costume.

The new Kingsley has also done well in the past. He was around during both Promotion seasons and The Premier League years. As I've said many times, It's only since that filthy slag Queensley turned up that things have gone truly downhill.
Last edited by sandman on 07 Dec 2018 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2018 18:16

She hasn't produced a Princeley or Princessley either, Surely we need an heir to the Jungle throne soon?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Dec 2018 18:20

paddy20 My only experience of dealing with him was negative. They say you should not go back. Don't think he cares about long serving fans. Sorry just my experience.

CEO's role isn't to be liked. Not as if he ever went away. As still very connected to the club. Once stability is resumed on the pitch then will fade away into the background. Though our owners need a "face" for the club. Someone who regularly speaks on their behalf . To keep us the supporters informed. Given one speaks no English at all currently rather problematic.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Dec 2018 18:25

sandman She hasn't produced a Princeley or Princessley either, Surely we need an heir to the Jungle throne soon?
like his club, Kingsley is impotent

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Dec 2018 18:36

sandman She hasn't produced a Princeley or Princessley either, Surely we need an heir to the Jungle throne soon?

I suspect she’s encouraging Kingsley to indulge in more base activities as a form of birth control.

No wonder he’s taken his eye off the ball recently.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Dec 2018 18:39

Classic case of nepotism.

He’s only got the job because his son plays for the U23’s.

I hear Danny Loader’s mum has been offered the manager’s job.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Dec 2018 11:55

He was a part of the jigsaw puzzle and maybe part of the reason the others were able to perform so well.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Dec 2018 12:00

Bye Nani

Howe wasting no time at all

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 12:16

Maneki Neko Bye Nani

Howe wasting no time at all

He's like muthafucking Rambo! Destroying everything in his path is old Nigel.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Dec 2018 12:41

hopefully its a return of Hammond

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 07 Dec 2018 12:45

What, if anything, did Nani do for RFC other than draw a (presumbly large) wage?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Dec 2018 12:49

Who Moved The Goalposts? What, if anything, did Nani do for RFC other than draw a (presumbly large) wage?

To be fair to him, assuming his main role was managing player recruitment, he has had no chance to do much. Appointed after one window closed, gone before the next one opens.
He may have got deals lined up ahead of Jan 1st but presumably we will never know.
His leaving was inevitable once Gourlay went.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2018 12:54

Tend to agree.

You only have to look at how things went when Madejski went on his auto trader tax dodge abroad. And how quickly things fell apart once Madejski sold up.

Not saying he wasn't a valued part of something special, but he's certainly not a saviour to fix all in short order.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 07 Dec 2018 13:13

Snowflake Royal
sandman You only have to look at how things went when Madejski went on his auto trader tax dodge abroad. And how quickly things fell apart once Madejski sold up.

Bit unfair. He would have only been carrying out SJM's wishes - being out of the country doesn't mean he was out of the loop. He most certainly wouldn't have let Howe authorize Burns' panic spend without being consulted first. We were a bit desperate back then and SJM's main motivation was to avoid being relegated before moving to the new stadium so he probably decided to take a punt. I doubt Howe had the final say. And when the Russian imposter took over, I'd stake a large bet on Howe deliberately being kept in the dark or marginalised.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Dec 2018 13:15

Obviously Howe was brought in to do a clean sweep - Steven Falk is now gone as well.

In fact the only senior figures brought in that I can think of that are still here are Scott Marshall and Ged Roddy - as the Academy seems to be doing well, would be a bit of a shock if they get culled also.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Dec 2018 13:21

Who Moved The Goalposts? What, if anything, did Nani do for RFC other than draw a (presumbly large) wage?

Was sat within a few seats of him at Brentford earlier this season. Very animated, always taking notes. Celebrated the goals like he was Dennis Taylor at the Cruicble in 85.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Dec 2018 14:30

RG30

Was sat within a few seats of him at Brentford earlier this season. Very animated, always taking notes. Celebrated the goals like he was Dennis Taylor at the Cruicble in 85.

He put his glasses on upside down?