New Manager

1436 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New Manager

by genome » 07 Dec 2018 09:54

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Clement - 30 given a huge rebuilding job with limited resource and then dumped because he couldn't wave a magic wand
Stam - 98 false third and master of his own demise
McDermott - 30 totally shafted and treated with no respect
Clarke - 53 never committed and made to look good by a Blackman purple patch
Adkins - 80 ruined by the Russian shyster's lack of support
McDermott - 169
Rodgers - 23
Coppell - 282
Pardew - 211

Confidence inspiring that we'll get the right guy, plus give them time and support to improve.

I give the new guy between 15 and 40 games before he's sacked.

Just numbers and you are giving even more numbers, what does this even all mean.

I stopped reading when he said "false third"

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 10:07

genome
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Clement - 30 given a huge rebuilding job with limited resource and then dumped because he couldn't wave a magic wand
McDermott - 169
Rodgers - 23
Coppell - 282
Pardew - 211

Confidence inspiring that we'll get the right guy, plus give them time and support to improve.

Just numbers and you are giving even more numbers, what does this even all mean.

It is worth reading on as Ian uses the word "Shyster" which is something you don't see much these days.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Dec 2018 11:03

I’m not feeling the Luís Castro love in. Yes, he’s Portuguese. What contacts does he have over here? I just see signings of lesser known overseas players with him and Nani at the helm. We haven’t got the money to do a Wolves :roll: Plus the academy players may be overlooked.

I’d be so happy if Martin O’Neill got the job. I really think he would lead and get the status of the club back on track.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Dec 2018 11:25

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit Massively disappointed if Bruce gets it.

Steady pair of hands, great success in the Championship. He's a boring appointment yes but we could do a lot worse and not really a lot better for me. I would much prefer a younger manager from League 1 or 2 personally but I wouldn't have too many complaints about Steve Bruce should he come here.

He is a poor man's Saggy Harry. Just a 'name' that like to throw money around and move from club to club. He has had some success yes, but much of that was based on his spending and his teams have never played attractive football.

Hope he carries on writing his novels if he comes here though

what the actual fuck are those covers about?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Dec 2018 11:26

Old Man Andrews
genome
paultheroyal

It is worth reading on as Ian uses the word "Shyster" which is something you don't see much these days.

I was on the train to Grimsby when someone used the word "woofter".

#wordsyoudontseeverymuch

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Dec 2018 11:28

royalp-we I’m not feeling the Luís Castro love in. Yes, he’s Portuguese. What contacts does he have over here? I just see signings of lesser known overseas players with him and Nani at the helm. We haven’t got the money to do a Wolves :roll:

I’d be so happy if Martin O’Neill got the job. I really think he would lead and get the status of the club back on track.

The thought of either Martin O Neill or Roy Keane (or worse still, as a duo) managing Reading, is enough to send me into despair. I'd rather Bruce, and that's saying a lot.

Have you seen Ireland play in the last number of years? And don't come out with the "hasn't got the players" guff, those players are better than ours, and a pub-team with a hangover would show more.

The players were doing their best for each other - the only rifts in that team were with the management. But they were seriously hampered by a lack of any kind of a plan other than defend continuously, lump it up front at random intervals and hope for the best.

Don't know if this is why you plumped for MON - but there are a lot of nobbers who are obsessed with getting in a "tough" manager who will give the players a kick up the arse, without any thought of whether said manager is actually any use at anything other than ranting and raving.

So you've shouted a lot - that's the first 10 minutes sorted. Now what?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Dec 2018 11:30

genome
paultheroyal
McDermott - 169
Rodgers - 23
Coppell - 282
Pardew - 211

I don't think it was false, sure the performances were dull and we didn't create many chances but defensively we were ok - Al Habsi being a key factor in that regards, sadly instead of building on that and improving the team the opposite happened. Boring football + not winning games = Fan disgust.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Dec 2018 11:32

Is Lawrie Sanchez still around? His name always used to pop up on BBC Berks as a possible Reading manager.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Dec 2018 11:34

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 11:35

BYE NANI

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Dec 2018 11:37

Old Man Andrews BYE NANI

Ah Nani, we hardly knew ye

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Dec 2018 11:37

Expect the return of Hammond now, I predicted this in the pub yesterday.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2018 11:38

Now if we can get Hammond back in, perhaps people will stop judging him on his squeaky voice and lack of budget to spend!

In regard to the new manager, I'd be quite happy to see Parky come in. He's a solid guy, a solid manager, and would be a potentially long term appointment with the desire to build something not just use us as a stepping stone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2018 11:39

royalp-we Nani has left the building

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/d ... g-director

wow, they really do want to change things

Suspect thats the end of the chances of Castro taking over but you never know

No doubts Hammond coming back in.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Dec 2018 11:40

You can guarantee the phil Parkinson song will be belted out in loud voice tomorrow night

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Dec 2018 11:45

muirinho
royalp-we I’m not feeling the Luís Castro love in. Yes, he’s Portuguese. What contacts does he have over here? I just see signings of lesser known overseas players with him and Nani at the helm. We haven’t got the money to do a Wolves :roll:

The thought of either Martin O Neill or Roy Keane (or worse still, as a duo) managing Reading, is enough to send me into despair. I'd rather Bruce, and that's saying a lot.

Have you seen Ireland play in the last number of years? And don't come out with the "hasn't got the players" guff, those players are better than ours, and a pub-team with a hangover would show more.

The players were doing their best for each other - the only rifts in that team were with the management. But they were seriously hampered by a lack of any kind of a plan other than defend continuously, lump it up front at random intervals and hope for the best.

Don't know if this is why you plumped for MON - but there are a lot of nobbers who are obsessed with getting in a "tough" manager who will give the players a kick up the arse, without any thought of whether said manager is actually any use at anything other than ranting and raving.

So you've shouted a lot - that's the first 10 minutes sorted. Now what?

I just feel MON would be a good leader with solid knowledge of the football league, second to none experience and good contacts throughout the game. Admittedly I haven’t watched much of Ireland play. But that’s different gravy to club football where, he has largely been successful.

Please stop shouting at me :lol:

This re-alignment of the club and its leadership is all pretty exciting, isn’t it
Last edited by royalp-we on 07 Dec 2018 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Dec 2018 11:47

That opens the door for Hammond

Now we just need Coppell and Dillon.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 11:48

muirinho
Old Man Andrews BYE NANI

Ah Nani, we hardly knew ye

I am delighted that we didn't get to know him too. I think he would have been a disaster.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 11:48

genome That opens the door for Hammond

Now we just need Coppell and Dillon.

Judging by any time he fills in on Radio Berks I think Kevin Dillon has taken up professional drinking.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2018 11:59

H.A.M.mond.

1436 posts