New Manager

1436 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: New Manager

by Crowbar6753 » 12 Dec 2018 22:56

Tilehurstsouthbank
Crowbar6753 I have nothing against foreign managers and if and when things get sorted i truly believe a foreign manager would be the best approach for reading football club. However we are in a bit of a pickle at the moment and need something different which is why i also would like to see either Parky or Gareth Ainsworth as the next boss.
Parky is a good boss and i really believe he would steady the ship and give this team the kick up the arse that it needs!! and yes he is also a former fans favourite and i miss the good ole days of Parky flying into a tackle at Elm Park, and i'm sure he would bring back the feel good factor to RG3.
Ainsworth is a bit different and a bit more of a gamble, but he is an up and coming manager with plenty of passion and belief and i would much prefer this style of appointment over the journeymen managers that have been quoted on this site!
Whatever happens, a new manager must be given time to change the fortunes of this club and not 9 months etc...

RG3? Have we regressed back so far we're back in Tilehurst? :lol:

May as well play the Tilehurst FC B team, couldn't do much worse. PS i live in Canada so it was a shot in the dark with the RG3 lol....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Dec 2018 23:06

genome Courtney Thursday saying contact has been made with Jokanovic's agent.

I know you're just reporting the news but how the f*ck would he know? He's not even a journalist anymore, he makes unsubstantiated comments in order to get interaction from the 16 year old kids who hang off his every word. He's knows absolutely nothing, all bullshit.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Dec 2018 23:09

Old Man Andrews

I know you're just reporting the news but how the f*ck would he know? He's not even a journalist anymore, he makes unsubstantiated comments in order to get interaction from the 16 year old kids who hang off his every word. He's knows absolutely nothing, all bullshit.

He didn`t even know Bolton were below us in the table, he`s clueless.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Dec 2018 23:18

Pepe the Horseman Jose Manuel Gomes now odds on with PP and Betfair. Wtf is going on?! :lol:

9/1 with SkyBet

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 12 Dec 2018 23:21

Gunny Fishcake
Pepe the Horseman Jose Manuel Gomes now odds on with PP and Betfair. Wtf is going on?! :lol:

9/1 with SkyBet

We're Reading, very few people care. Sticking a tenner on any of them will change the market.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Dec 2018 23:36

Honestly think the club just need to stump up for Jokanovic. Fulham were in a similar position to us when he took over and he got them promoted. I think it would raise attendances from the off, the football would be better, the atmosphere around the club would improve. It's a no brainer for me.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 12 Dec 2018 23:53

genome Honestly think the club just need to stump up for Jokanovic. Fulham were in a similar position to us when he took over and he got them promoted. I think it would raise attendances from the off, the football would be better, the atmosphere around the club would improve. It's a no brainer for me.

Yup, gotta agree with that. Lets just hope there's a decent transfer budget available to the right man. Wouldn't fancy taking this job without one...

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 13 Dec 2018 05:38

With all these foreign managers being touted (Jokanovic the exception), it makes you wonder who is actually running the club..this agent or Howe??..sounds like he may have far too much influence with owners..

Howe should tell him to "do one" !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Dec 2018 08:18

genome Honestly think the club just need to stump up for Jokanovic. Fulham were in a similar position to us when he took over and he got them promoted. I think it would raise attendances from the off, the football would be better, the atmosphere around the club would improve. It's a no brainer for me.

Stump up in what sense though? I think we could pay him what he wants but the stumbling block surely comes when Jokanovic finds out how much money he'd have to spend imporving the squad. All he needs to do is take one look at us and see that he'd need at least £50m to turn it into a top 6 side. The squad we have and the squad Fulham had and finances when he took over there way exceed ours.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Dec 2018 09:25

Ady said that Tim Sherwood was now in the betting :lol:

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 13 Dec 2018 09:33

El Diablo

Yup, gotta agree with that. Lets just hope there's a decent transfer budget available to the right man. Wouldn't fancy taking this job without one...

That's all well and good but it's quite possible...like with Luis...that Jokanovic is either mulling over the deal or doesn't fancy it. We're not an attractive proposition like we used to be in the past and a talented manager like Jokanovic could do a lot better than us.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Dec 2018 09:52

Wasn't he the bloke who got an O level in Spanish at Slade Prison?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Dec 2018 10:05

Sutekh Ady said that Tim Sherwood was now in the betting :lol:

I'm not suggesting he'd be the right man for us, but I think Sherwood gets a bit of a bad press.

He did a decent job at Spurs and was certainly a big part of getting some of their talented youngsters through the system whilst he was a success running their U21s/U23s/Academy side (whichever it was). It didn't go so well at Villa of course (although he turned their form around, kept them up and took them to the FA Cup final), but he's by no means alone in that.

He often talks a very good game when he's on the TV, especially around youth development and giving young players a chance.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 13 Dec 2018 10:25

Norfolk Royal

Wasn't he the bloke who got an O level in Spanish at Slade Prison?

No that was Lenny Godber

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Dec 2018 10:27

Hoop Blah
Sutekh Ady said that Tim Sherwood was now in the betting :lol:

I'm not suggesting he'd be the right man for us, but I think Sherwood gets a bit of a bad press.

He did a decent job at Spurs and was certainly a big part of getting some of their talented youngsters through the system whilst he was a success running their U21s/U23s/Academy side (whichever it was). It didn't go so well at Villa of course (although he turned their form around, kept them up and took them to the FA Cup final), but he's by no means alone in that.

He often talks a very good game when he's on the TV, especially around youth development and giving young players a chance.

He gave a certain H. Kane a chance in the first team

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Dec 2018 10:30

All day long - its a no brainer as you say. We need to make it attractive for him.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Dec 2018 10:32

The only thing he has ever spouted that I wanted to be true.......

or a lie of his which will be true

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Dec 2018 10:33

paultheroyal

All day long - its a no brainer as you say. We need to make it attractive for him.

And he can get the best out of Aluko!!!

:| :|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Dec 2018 10:37

Old Man Andrews

Stump up in what sense though? I think we could pay him what he wants but the stumbling block surely comes when Jokanovic finds out how much money he'd have to spend imporving the squad. All he needs to do is take one look at us and see that he'd need at least £50m to turn it into a top 6 side. The squad we have and the squad Fulham had and finances when he took over there way exceed ours.

Stump up in every side - wage, transfer budgets, etc.

The Chinese have got the money so as long as it doesn't affect FFP, we should go for it. If he still rejects us then we move on, but we should try.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Dec 2018 10:40

genome
Old Man Andrews

Stump up in every side - wage, transfer budgets, etc.

The Chinese have got the money so as long as it doesn't affect FFP, we should go for it. If he still rejects us then we move on, but we should try.

I don't disagree with you. How much money do the Chinese really have/how much are they willing to invest? Clement had very little to work with in the Summer and Stam had virtually zero in January. I am hoping it is just because they don't trust the person spending the cash but I am a little concerned they won't give the funds needed to make our team a top 6 Championship side again.

1436 posts