New Manager

923 posts
User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5654
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 12:26

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Coppells Lost Coat wrote:Warburton or Ainsworth for me.
Bruce or Hughes would be a massive mistake IMO. Knowing us though we'll go for Zola :lol:


Ainsworth is an interesting one. I love his style and passion....Part of me thinks....yeah great shout, but Im just not sure. Wycombe would want too much money as well.


Wycombe are potless and would take a reasonably small amount in compo I reckon. I'd like to think they'd want a guy who has taken them to the top half of League 1 to go on to a bigger club and be successful. He'd be a great choice.

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1915
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: New Manager

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 12:29

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Ascotexgunner wrote:
Coppells Lost Coat wrote:Warburton or Ainsworth for me.
Bruce or Hughes would be a massive mistake IMO. Knowing us though we'll go for Zola :lol:


Ainsworth is an interesting one. I love his style and passion....Part of me thinks....yeah great shout, but Im just not sure. Wycombe would want too much money as well.


Wycombe are potless and would take a reasonably small amount in compo I reckon. I'd like to think they'd want a guy who has taken them to the top half of League 1 to go on to a bigger club and be successful. He'd be a great choice.


Shades of Martin O Neil. Like your thinking.

User avatar
The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1741
Joined: 26 Sep 2008 20:01
Location: the village

Re: New Manager

by The Prisoner » 06 Dec 2018 12:30

Steve Bruce piles in @ around 3/1 fave with the bookies (SkyBet)

Make me laugh the bookies odds as it's such a small market that even a fiver can send odds tumbling

Runners and riders sub 20s are:

Steve Bruce 13/3
Phil Parkinson 5/1
Francesco Guidolin 6/1
Graeme Murty 7/1
Slavisa Jokanovic 8/1
Alan Pardew 10/1
Mark Warburton 12/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
David Moyes 16/1
Mark Hughes 16/1
Nigel Pearson 16/1
Sam Allardyce 16/1
Steve Coppell 16/1
Danny Cowley 18/1

Basildon
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: 23 Jun 2012 10:54

Re: New Manager

by Basildon » 06 Dec 2018 12:30

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Ascotexgunner wrote:
Coppells Lost Coat wrote:Warburton or Ainsworth for me.
Bruce or Hughes would be a massive mistake IMO. Knowing us though we'll go for Zola :lol:


Ainsworth is an interesting one. I love his style and passion....Part of me thinks....yeah great shout, but Im just not sure. Wycombe would want too much money as well.


Wycombe are potless and would take a reasonably small amount in compo I reckon. I'd like to think they'd want a guy who has taken them to the top half of League 1 to go on to a bigger club and be successful. He'd be a great choice.


Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

User avatar
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4959
Joined: 16 Jul 2011 19:11

Re: New Manager

by Simon's Church » 06 Dec 2018 12:31

Any information on whether Gibbs is gone too?


NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4530
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: Defending John Swift from Philistines.

Re: New Manager

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 12:32

Basildon wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Ascotexgunner wrote:
Ainsworth is an interesting one. I love his style and passion....Part of me thinks....yeah great shout, but Im just not sure. Wycombe would want too much money as well.


Wycombe are potless and would take a reasonably small amount in compo I reckon. I'd like to think they'd want a guy who has taken them to the top half of League 1 to go on to a bigger club and be successful. He'd be a great choice.


Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

He has too much hair. It's a no from me.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7492
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: New Manager

by Sutekh » 06 Dec 2018 12:33

Mark Hughes
Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
Phil Parkinson
Steve Coppell (so long as the club builds a golf course)
Last edited by Sutekh on 06 Dec 2018 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1741
Joined: 26 Sep 2008 20:01
Location: the village

Re: New Manager

by The Prisoner » 06 Dec 2018 12:33

The Prisoner wrote:Steve Bruce piles in @ around 3/1 fave with the bookies (SkyBet)

Make me laugh the bookies odds as it's such a small market that even a fiver can send odds tumbling

Runners and riders sub 20s are:

Steve Bruce 13/3
Phil Parkinson 5/1
Francesco Guidolin 6/1
Graeme Murty 7/1
Slavisa Jokanovic 8/1
Alan Pardew 10/1
Mark Warburton 12/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
David Moyes 16/1
Mark Hughes 16/1
Nigel Pearson 16/1
Sam Allardyce 16/1
Steve Coppell 16/1
Danny Cowley 18/1


Unibet and 888 have Allardyce at 3/1 favourite :o

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5654
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 12:33

Sutekh wrote:Mark Hughes
Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
Phil Parkinson


You are insane.


User avatar
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 34045
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 10:02
Location: From the Andes to the indies in my undies

Re: New Manager

by Silver Fox » 06 Dec 2018 12:33

Pardew for me, he's a good manager and it would also be hilarious

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3603
Joined: 29 Sep 2006 14:40
Location: Reading

Re: New Manager

by andrew1957 » 06 Dec 2018 12:34

Really think we need a long term appointment and not yet another manager who will be sacked in 6-9 months. It seems to me that the problems at the club run deep and it might take a while to sort the mess out.

No idea who can do this. I know Bruce has a good record but I just have a gut feeling that he would be entirely the wrong appointment.

Like many others I would prefer an up and coming younger manager but think the owners will want a big name. Time will tell.

Royal Bison
Member
Posts: 995
Joined: 10 Aug 2004 08:39

Re: New Manager

by Royal Bison » 06 Dec 2018 12:34

Bloody hell i'd rather we had Redknapp than Murty, Parkinson or Bruce!

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5654
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 12:34

NewCorkSeth wrote:
Basildon wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Wycombe are potless and would take a reasonably small amount in compo I reckon. I'd like to think they'd want a guy who has taken them to the top half of League 1 to go on to a bigger club and be successful. He'd be a great choice.


Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

He has too much hair. It's a no from me.


He has a fine head of hair that will inspire the players. Big fan of his dress sense too.


NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4530
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: Defending John Swift from Philistines.

Re: New Manager

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 12:35

Honestly I can't see the owners taking a punt on an untested manager. It'll be a "big name".

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1902
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: New Manager

by windermereROYAL » 06 Dec 2018 12:38

Whoever it is there will be the normal whingers, we don`t all have the same opinions thankfully.

Basildon
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: 23 Jun 2012 10:54

Re: New Manager

by Basildon » 06 Dec 2018 12:40

Old Man Andrews wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:
Basildon wrote:
Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

He has too much hair. It's a no from me.


He has a fine head of hair that will inspire the players. Big fan of his dress sense too.


After Stam and Clement maybe a man with luscious locks is just what we need.

User avatar
RG30
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5308
Joined: 26 Jul 2005 20:42

Re: New Manager

by RG30 » 06 Dec 2018 12:41

The Prisoner wrote:
The Prisoner wrote:Steve Bruce piles in @ around 3/1 fave with the bookies (SkyBet)

Make me laugh the bookies odds as it's such a small market that even a fiver can send odds tumbling

Runners and riders sub 20s are:

Steve Bruce 13/3
Phil Parkinson 5/1
Francesco Guidolin 6/1
Graeme Murty 7/1
Slavisa Jokanovic 8/1
Alan Pardew 10/1
Mark Warburton 12/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
David Moyes 16/1
Mark Hughes 16/1
Nigel Pearson 16/1
Sam Allardyce 16/1
Steve Coppell 16/1
Danny Cowley 18/1


Unibet and 888 have Allardyce at 3/1 favourite :o


Same company just different brands. Bet Victor also got market priced up.

User avatar
Who Moved The Goalposts?
Member
Posts: 824
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 08:23
Location: Tilehurst, 4 miles from heaven & hell

Re: New Manager

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 06 Dec 2018 12:41

NewCorkSeth wrote:
Basildon wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Wycombe are potless and would take a reasonably small amount in compo I reckon. I'd like to think they'd want a guy who has taken them to the top half of League 1 to go on to a bigger club and be successful. He'd be a great choice.


Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

He has too much hair. It's a no from me.


But he does sing (and well!) in an INXS tribute band - I met him at a festival earlier this year and he's a really open, likeable guy. He fondly remembers playing for QPR when Murty's penalty took us to 106...

User avatar
bigmike
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1756
Joined: 23 Sep 2004 00:33

Re: New Manager

by bigmike » 06 Dec 2018 12:43

NewCorkSeth wrote:Honestly I can't see the owners taking a punt on an untested manager. It'll be a "big name".


Jan Venegoor of Hesselink big enough name ?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5654
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 12:45

Love it when something major happens at the club. New names popping up all over the place on the board.

923 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 59 guests

It is currently 15 Dec 2018 02:26