New Manager

923 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4530
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: Defending John Swift from Philistines.

Re: New Manager

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 13:32

Vision wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Sorry, you've lost me. Are you agreeing and disagreeing with me simultaneously?

Yes and no...

I'm suggesting they are conscious of their lack of knowledge and might feel they were led down the primrose path with the appointments of Stam and Clement.

I imagine they are fully capable of reading a cv and if the CEO was to come to them with a suggestion of a lower league up and comer they would have very right to say no. They have just tried and failed with 2 up and coming managers.


Stam was here before they took over.

...
You win this time Vision.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2144
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 08:28
Location: Perth

Re: New Manager

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 06 Dec 2018 13:33

Snowflake Royal wrote:
winchester_royal wrote:Plenty of good options out there, Jokanovic would be a good appointment but can't see him coming here, I like Warburton too and he's probably the most realistic of the bunch.

However wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful for us to go back to the 'Reading way' and get someone young and up'n'coming from the lower leagues. Two obvious options would be Nathan Jones (Luton) and Dan Cowley (Lincoln). Jones in particular has Luton playing some wonderful football and would certainly come in and make the squad his own. Might be difficult convincing him to leave a promotion chasing Luton, but it's time to show some ambition.

No. I've had my fill of young, inexperienced up and coming managers in Clarke, Stam and Clement.


I'm with you on this one Ian. Add Rodgers to that list as well.

On the flip side McGhee, Jim and Mick, and Brian were all inexperienced and they made it work but that was a completely different Reading Fc to the one that exists today

Basildon
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: 23 Jun 2012 10:54

Re: New Manager

by Basildon » 06 Dec 2018 13:34

Scott Marshall taking temporary charge

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4781
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: New Manager

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 13:40

10539.4 Miles Away wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
winchester_royal wrote:Plenty of good options out there, Jokanovic would be a good appointment but can't see him coming here, I like Warburton too and he's probably the most realistic of the bunch.

However wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful for us to go back to the 'Reading way' and get someone young and up'n'coming from the lower leagues. Two obvious options would be Nathan Jones (Luton) and Dan Cowley (Lincoln). Jones in particular has Luton playing some wonderful football and would certainly come in and make the squad his own. Might be difficult convincing him to leave a promotion chasing Luton, but it's time to show some ambition.

No. I've had my fill of young, inexperienced up and coming managers in Clarke, Stam and Clement.


I'm with you on this one Ian. Add Rodgers to that list as well.

On the flip side McGhee, Jim and Mick, and Brian were all inexperienced and they made it work but that was a completely different Reading Fc to the one that exists today

To be honest, right now I feel like Reading FC can just oxf*rd go and do one.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2261
Joined: 19 Nov 2005 23:07
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

Re: New Manager

by glass half full » 06 Dec 2018 13:48

Snowflake Royal wrote:
10539.4 Miles Away wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:No. I've had my fill of young, inexperienced up and coming managers in Clarke, Stam and Clement.


I'm with you on this one Ian. Add Rodgers to that list as well.

On the flip side McGhee, Jim and Mick, and Brian were all inexperienced and they made it work but that was a completely different Reading Fc to the one that exists today

To be honest, right now I feel like Reading FC can just oxf*rd go and do one.


A bit harsh...


alfie9
Member
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: New Manager

by alfie9 » 06 Dec 2018 13:49

With the team in decent form maybe Scott Marshall will stake a claim. It's imperative that we go for someone with fresh ideas like Jaap (a bit less stubborn but young) and not a dinosaur like Bruce.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1032
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: New Manager

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 06 Dec 2018 13:49

Basildon wrote:Scott Marshall taking temporary charge


I'd be happy with this. Can you confirm your source?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5654
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 13:51

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Basildon wrote:Scott Marshall taking temporary charge


I'd be happy with this. Can you confirm your source?

Er the club?

alfie9
Member
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: New Manager

by alfie9 » 06 Dec 2018 13:52

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Basildon wrote:Scott Marshall taking temporary charge


I'd be happy with this. Can you confirm your source?


https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/10 ... 9954085889


User avatar
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8149
Joined: 05 May 2017 07:32
Location: When I used to go out, I would know everyone that I saw, now I go out alone if I go out at all

Re: New Manager

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Dec 2018 13:54

33/1 Patrick Kluivert

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1032
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: New Manager

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 06 Dec 2018 13:54

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Basildon wrote:Scott Marshall taking temporary charge


I'd be happy with this. Can you confirm your source?

Er the club?


I hadn't checked the club website mate so that's why I didn't know.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5654
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 13:55

Winston Biscuit wrote:33/1 Patrick Kluivert


I don't want to come over all Brexit here but I really want a British manager who knows the system over here. If we were sitting nicely in midtable with nothing to worry about I would be more than open to someone like him.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6335
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: New Manager

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Dec 2018 13:58

Wycombe Royal wrote:Gareth Ainsworth lives locally as well. I was at behind him at a secondary school open day a year ago and his son also plays U12's locally as I saw him at a football tournament a couple of summers ago (U10's then).

As someone who coaches a boys football team, the idea of coaching the son of a football league manager terrifies me.....


Theresa May lives locally and she will probably be avaiable soon.

If we don't go for her I could see Howe doing the old boy network stuff and bring in Parky or Murty-wouldn't be disappointed with either of those and for Parky there probably wouldn't be any compensation as he doesn't get paid at Bolton.


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4781
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: New Manager

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 13:59

Paul Clement just became free.

Or Parky.

Otherwise couldn't give a oxf*rd.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3038
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: New Manager

by John Smith » 06 Dec 2018 14:00

Please not Murty - that would be a tragic appointment!

User avatar
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 34045
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 10:02
Location: From the Andes to the indies in my undies

Re: New Manager

by Silver Fox » 06 Dec 2018 14:05

Snowflake Royal wrote:
10539.4 Miles Away wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:No. I've had my fill of young, inexperienced up and coming managers in Clarke, Stam and Clement.


I'm with you on this one Ian. Add Rodgers to that list as well.

On the flip side McGhee, Jim and Mick, and Brian were all inexperienced and they made it work but that was a completely different Reading Fc to the one that exists today

To be honest, right now I feel like Reading FC can just oxf*rd go and do one.


Are you going to ask for a refund on the rest of your season ticket?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1422
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: New Manager

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Dec 2018 14:06

genome wrote:So, Clement has gone

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/d ... ul-clement

Who do we want?

Bruce, Jokanovic.... Mark Hughes?



Be serious ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1422
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: New Manager

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Dec 2018 14:08

Ascotexgunner wrote:Nigel Clough


Good shout

RFCMod
Member
Posts: 930
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 12:39
Location: Little Sandhurst

Re: New Manager

by RFCMod » 06 Dec 2018 14:08

stealthpapes wrote:Steve Bruce 13/3 - NOPE
Phil Parkinson 5/1 - mebbe.
Francesco Guidolin 6/1 - if only because this photo makes it look like someone has spilt his pint

Image

Graeme Murty 7/1 - mebbe
Slavisa Jokanovic 8/1 - YURP
Alan Pardew 10/1 - lol sure
Mark Warburton 12/1 - yes
Brian McDermott 16/1 - :( "Don't look back. You can never look back"
David Moyes 16/1 - god no
Mark Hughes 16/1 - nurse
Nigel Pearson 16/1 - I have a thai hooker I need to racially abuse
Sam Allardyce 16/1 - pint of wine, garcon
Steve Coppell 16/1 - see BMcD
Danny Cowley 18/1 - do we get Nicky as well. Yeah, I like this one.



Looks like a poor mans Terry Yorath

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1422
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: New Manager

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Dec 2018 14:15

Of that lot Dan Cowley, deserves a chance. I think my ££ is on Chris Coleman tho, any source on here must be reliable. I'm off to ladbrokes :D

RFCMod wrote:
stealthpapes wrote:Steve Bruce 13/3 - NOPE
Phil Parkinson 5/1 - mebbe.
Francesco Guidolin 6/1 - if only because this photo makes it look like someone has spilt his pint

Image

Graeme Murty 7/1 - mebbe
Slavisa Jokanovic 8/1 - YURP
Alan Pardew 10/1 - lol sure
Mark Warburton 12/1 - yes
Brian McDermott 16/1 - :( "Don't look back. You can never look back"
David Moyes 16/1 - god no
Mark Hughes 16/1 - nurse
Nigel Pearson 16/1 - I have a thai hooker I need to racially abuse
Sam Allardyce 16/1 - pint of wine, garcon
Steve Coppell 16/1 - see BMcD
Danny Cowley 18/1 - do we get Nicky as well. Yeah, I like this one.



Looks like a poor mans Terry Yorath

923 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests

It is currently 15 Dec 2018 02:27