Clement sacked!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Clement sacked!

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Dec 2018 11:45

Jesus Christ couldn't turn this current crock of shite into a winning team . Shame players can't be sacked

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 06 Dec 2018 11:50

I always believe in giving managers a chance, so i'm disappointed. I did say in another thread that we needed to get a reasonable amount of points in December for him to stay, so I can understand why it's better to not wait until then, but i'd rather a manager be given too long then not enough time.

I never like Stam as a manager, even when we were winning. But I was still willing to back him until relegation became inevitable if he didn't go. It seems to me that relegation is far from certain at the moment.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2018 11:57

sandman
Ranty McRantface
The Prisoner Wrong decision IMO as inherited bloated and injured squad and has never even had the likes of Obita or Harriott to select. Paying for previous poor acquisitions. Only major gripe was that he couldn't wake the squad up from the Stam tedium into any sort of an attacking unit.

List of usual suspects being touted to replace.

Meh.

He also brought in "leaders" to an already bloated squad, sent our top scorer on loan to Holland and changed the team every week. Nice bloke, I like his honesty but the fact is he's got a lot wrong. Clearly Howe was not a fan either.

You don't really believe it was Clement that sent Novakovich to Holland?

And since when has AN been our top goal scorer? Unless you're going to try and tell me because of the number of goals scored in a different league in a different country. It isn't even close to being the same thing.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 06 Dec 2018 11:59

Gunny Fishcake Jesus Christ couldn't turn this current crock of shite into a winning team . Shame players can't be sacked

I know that it could cost a mint in compensation but could their contracts be paid-up - or does this only happen in extreme circumstances?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Dec 2018 12:07

Since Howe pulled the trigger on Clarke (now top of the SPL) it`s been a downward spiral. so not expecting a upturn any time soon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 12:31

windermereROYAL Since Howe pulled the trigger on Clarke (now top of the SPL) it`s been a downward spiral. so not expecting a upturn any time soon.

The downward spiral started long before Clarke made his position untenable.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 06 Dec 2018 12:31

I am very disappointed with this news.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 06 Dec 2018 12:43

Clement's legacy will be bringing through players like Rinomhota and Loader, hopefully Eza as well if that works out. He kept us up last season and left us with a better, more motivated team than Jaap did, no question.

Love that we are giving a chance to Scott Marshall, and very happy to see Nigel Howe back in.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Dec 2018 12:45

Shambles of a club - we getting Brucey in I assume.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 12:46

Jagermesiter1871 Shambles of a club - we getting Brucey in I assume.

We are a shambles of a club for sacking a manager who has won 7 games out of 30 with a win % of 23%?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 12:56

Old Man Andrews

We are a shambles of a club for sacking a manager who has won 7 games out of 30 with a win % of 23%?

For moving on to our sixth successive failure without addressing the actual problem by scapegoating yet another person not at fault.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 13:01

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

For moving on to our sixth successive failure without addressing the actual problem by scapegoating yet another person not at fault.

THe club have addressed the problem. They removed Gourlay, installed Howe and then Howe disposed of Gourlay's remaining influence at the club in Paul Clement. They have clearly identified the issue and we have to trust them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 13:06

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

THe club have addressed the problem. They removed Gourlay, installed Howe and then Howe disposed of Gourlay's remaining influence at the club in Paul Clement. They have clearly identified the issue and we have to trust them.

Bollocks do we. The club has lurched from one disaster to another since Madejski first sold up. That predates Gourlay and plenty of it happened on Howe's watch.

His record with Burns, Rodgers, McDermott 2, Clarke and Stam are hardly great. I was optimistic, But literally his first action in charge has been to sack the man trying to fix our problems and throw us deeper into turmoil.

Great job Nige.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 13:09

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal For moving on to our sixth successive failure without addressing the actual problem by scapegoating yet another person not at fault.

Bollocks do we. The club has lurched from one disaster to another since Madejski first sold up. That predates Gourlay and plenty of it happened on Howe's watch.

His record with Burns, Rodgers, McDermott 2, Clarke and Stam are hardly great. I was optimistic, But literally his first action in charge has been to sack the man trying to fix our problems and throw us deeper into turmoil.

Great job Nige.

The man in charge clearly wasn't going to solve our problems was he? You don't think Howe would have spoken to the senior players since Gourlay left? I reckon they might know what is needed more than anyone don't you? You are a Clement apologist. He did a terrible job here and hwo anyone can argue that his record is deserving of the sack is beyond me.

Basildon

by Basildon » 06 Dec 2018 13:11

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Great job Nige.

The man in charge clearly wasn't going to solve our problems was he? You don't think Howe would have spoken to the senior players since Gourlay left? I reckon they might know what is needed more than anyone don't you? You are a Clement apologist. He did a terrible job here and hwo anyone can argue that his record is deserving of the sack is beyond me.

Have to agree with OMA here. While I do believe performances were starting to improve, this is a results business and he just wasn't delivering.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 06 Dec 2018 13:12

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal For moving on to our sixth successive failure without addressing the actual problem by scapegoating yet another person not at fault.

Great job Nige.

McDermott won the league, Clarke was brilliant until he had his head turned, Stam was one penalty off the premier league

You call that a failure?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 13:12

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Great job Nige.

The man in charge clearly wasn't going to solve our problems was he? You don't think Howe would have spoken to the senior players since Gourlay left? I reckon they might know what is needed more than anyone don't you? You are a Clement apologist. He did a terrible job here and how anyone can argue that his record isn't deserving of the sack is beyond me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 13:13

Fine. You enjoy getting a new manager every 10- 30 games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 13:14

alfie9
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Great job Nige.

McDermott won the league, Clarke was brilliant until he had his head turned, Stam was one penalty off the premier league

You call that a failure?

McDermott's second stint.
Clarke was good for about 2 months. Stam had one lucky season and left us far worse than he found us.

Yeah, I call that failure.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 13:15

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

yup....We need fresh heads now to move forward. Were we progressing under Clement?.....well the stats say not....in fact league position says we are worse currently. Nigel Howe has a great record at this club, he knows us and clearly as you rightly say, he needs to remove the problems and the team progress quicker. We cannot afford to keep plodding along picking up the odd point here and there. 3 points from the last 12 is relegation form.