BFTG Sheffield

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Sheffield

by Zip » 09 Dec 2018 12:23

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal No idea how to break teams down?

Yesterday was more like a Stam performance than Clement. We were regularly utterly toothless up front under Jaap and it was a regular complaint we had no shots on target. And that was with his first choice attack! By contrast we were regularly scoring goals under Clement. We're joint 14th on goals scored ffs.

This only tells half the story. How many teams have conceded more goals than us? We have been a defensive shambles under Clement

Who said anything about defence?

I did. It’s all well and good scoring more goals but we are shipping more too. Sort of negates things don’t you think?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2018 12:29

URZZZZ What actually is our style? There's nothing to our team, there's no identity, Clement was slowly beginning to build one, and there we go and sack him.

How long did he want to develop a style??!! I would suggest that was one of the reasons he was sacked. He wasn't developing a clear style, he kept on chopping and changing the players and the style/formation.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2018 12:30

Victor Meldrew Once again we didn't have a shot on target ,we were playing at home and a team that should be battling to get out of the bottom 3.
They gave us a chance by not starting their best creative player Duffy and of course there is always Billy Sharp.

Watching Norwood it made me wonder why we didn't renew his contract but did so for nearly every other player regardless of their age or ability.

Because he was too intelligent a footballer for most of his team mates, and too pretty with his style. A prime target for our 'up and at them' boo boys.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Dec 2018 12:31

Funny how when Clement came in his detractors said he was a defensive manager and now he has left they tell us he was too attacking.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Dec 2018 12:51

sandman Funny how when Clement came in his detractors said he was a defensive manager and now he has left they tell us he was too attacking.

Whose saying he was too attacking?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2018 12:56

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

This only tells half the story. How many teams have conceded more goals than us? We have been a defensive shambles under Clement

Who said anything about defence?

I did. It’s all well and good scoring more goals but we are shipping more too. Sort of negates things don’t you think?

That's nice.

Not really relevant to pointing out someone who says Clement's side couldn't break people down is talking out their arse. It's a different conversation entirely.

We've not exactly stopped shipping goals post Clement if you hadnt noticed. We have failed to create chances.

Three steps back.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Dec 2018 13:39

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Who said anything about defence?

That's nice.

Not really relevant to pointing out someone who says Clement's side couldn't break people down is talking out their arse. It's a different conversation entirely.

We've not exactly stopped shipping goals post Clement if you hadnt noticed. We have failed to create chances.

Three steps back.

In the 38 games we have gone behind in we have won 0 drawn 7 Lost 31.......I'd say that's pretty much a stat that shows when we need goals we can't break teams down. Yep some of those were Stams but the point is Clement has managed to achieve absolutely nothing in an area we so clearly are lacking.....and that is when we need goals we can't break teams down.....

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 09 Dec 2018 14:43

Did Jaakkola gift them two or three corners?

Two CEOs, three “Managers” later, and the go to answer is Aluko. What was the question?

Only positive was to have Welsh Gunter playing for brief periods of the first half. But then hope was snuffed out, and in fact four Advent candles (unlit, to prevent more injuries) would have been more effective than our defence.

Can’t wait what the next game brings.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Dec 2018 14:50

Lower West
Davezk
windermereROYAL You would think the other teams at the bottom are looking at us and Ipswich and saying they are gone, just one place to play for now..

A sudden upturn in form (anything can happen in this league) and we're out of it.

What a moronic thing to even suggest anyone is 'gone'.

13 wins in the last 67 league fixtures. Sudden upturn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Result of chasing a dream with money rather than planning for the longer term

Unless we win 3 of the next 4 it will be the first time in just short of a 100 years we have won less than 10 games in a callender year, dear god it`s no fun being a Reading fan right now. and its 14 wins in 67 games, not that it makes any better reading.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Dec 2018 15:10

Bristol Paul Dave Kitson was one of the sky pundits, thinks we will go down unless the right manager with championship experience comes in. I agree.

Spot on. So the Iranian spiv's non-English speaking mate who has never worked outside of Portugal must be a shoe-in then. This club has been an utter joke since Stam was appointed. No, that's wrong, since the time they allowed the Scottish charlatan permission to see what Fulham had to say.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Dec 2018 15:41

windermereROYAL
Lower West
Davezk
A sudden upturn in form (anything can happen in this league) and we're out of it.

What a moronic thing to even suggest anyone is 'gone'.

13 wins in the last 67 league fixtures. Sudden upturn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Result of chasing a dream with money rather than planning for the longer term

Unless we win 3 of the next 4 it will be the first time in just short of a 100 years we have won less than 10 games in a callender year, dear god it`s no fun being a Reading fan right now. and its 14 wins in 67 games, not that it makes any better reading.

Good shout Windy, bottom few seasons for comparison :

Pretty damning stuff.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2018 16:38

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal
Zip

That's nice.

Three steps back.

In the 38 games we have gone behind in we have won 0 drawn 7 Lost 31.......I'd say that's pretty much a stat that shows when we need goals we can't break teams down. Yep some of those were Stams but the point is Clement has managed to achieve absolutely nothing in an area we so clearly are lacking.....and that is when we need goals we can't break teams down.....

Weird, because according to soccerbase Clement was only in charge for 30 games and we're talking about performance under him.

In any case, it shows we can't turn around losing positions, it that we can't create chances and score, which was the original point you made before trying to shift the goal posts. Not only that, but you dont blame the person who inherits a problem for it just because they didn't fix it in a few short months.

If you want to criticise Clement, follow zip's example and talk about defence, or your later example of losing positions,or results. Dont just make stuff up that isn't true about us not creating chances or scoring when that is one of the big weaknesses he inheritated and actually improved upon. Because you'll get called on it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2018 16:46

Sheffield did to us what we haven't done in 14 months which is win away and keep a clean sheet, this squad is an utter shambles and quite frankly they deserve relegation playing the way they did yesterday. You cannot tell me we have less quality than a side like Rotherham but they give 100% every single week, our players just stroll around the pitch like they own it. They're an utter disgrace

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Dec 2018 19:28

URZZZZ You cannot tell me we have less quality than a side like Rotherham but they give 100% every single week, our players just stroll around the pitch like they own it. They're an utter disgrace

Could it be that Rovrum have a better manager?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Dec 2018 19:30

What was the last time we had a league crowd lower than 12066?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Dec 2018 19:36

tmesis What was the last time we had a league crowd lower than 12066?

Sheffield United last season I believe.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2018 20:34

Denver Royal
URZZZZ You cannot tell me we have less quality than a side like Rotherham but they give 100% every single week, our players just stroll around the pitch like they own it. They're an utter disgrace

Could it be that Rovrum have a better manager?

Could be but do you really think our players really care when we lose? Do you really think Ilori, Blackett, Bacuna, Kelly, Swift, Barrow, Aluko, Sims etc care when we lose a game? Compare to Rotherham, I was watching them when they were 2-1 down to United and they gave everything to equalise. We didn't even have a shot on target in the ninety minutes. It's all well and good saying we should deliver because these players have played in the Premier League but there's a reason they were all moved on, because they're lazy and arrogant

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Dec 2018 21:15

Old Man Andrews

Yeah - checking back we had those two weirdly low attendances (also v Bolton), way below even the number of season tickets sold.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Dec 2018 21:40

tmesis
Old Man Andrews

Yeah - checking back we had those two weirdly low attendances (also v Bolton), way below even the number of season tickets sold.

I was at both. The weather was bitterly cold for the Sheff Utd game. We stopped at Reading Services to sort my windscreen out as it was frozen. It was the coldest I have ever known at a football match. It was the fag end of the Stam era and all a bit depressing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2018 22:12

Zip
tmesis
Old Man Andrews Sheffield United last season I believe.

I was at both. The weather was bitterly cold for the Sheff Utd game. We stopped at Reading Services to sort my windscreen out as it was frozen. It was the coldest I have ever known at a football match. It was the fag end of the Stam era and all a bit depressing.

‘Bit’ depressing :lol:

That was genuinely one of the most depressing games I’ve ever been to. Horrible in every single way