MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (a) sponsored by Dick Habbin

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (a) sponsored by Dick Habbin

by Silver Fox » 15 Dec 2018 17:18

Ascotexgunner
tidus_mi2 Well, out of the relegation zone but could have been so much more.

We can't keep relying on other teams results.....that's the problem.

Only if the other teams’ results start improving

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Dec 2018 17:19

Silver Fox Sims wasn’t of course, but that shouldn’t stop you getting rattled

Really? I didn't notice him come off at all on the 85th minute..

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Dec 2018 17:21

It's normally meant to be difficult to score from corners - a surprisingly low conversion rate for most teams - but when you're playing against Reading the odds improve dramatically. We gift goals.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Dec 2018 17:25

NewCorkSeth
Silver Fox Sims wasn’t of course, but that shouldn’t stop you getting rattled

Really? I didn't notice him come off at all on the 85th minute..

Obviously

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Dec 2018 17:30

RoyalBlue It's normally meant to be difficult to score from corners - a surprisingly low conversion rate for most teams - but when you're playing against Reading the odds improve dramatically. We gift goals.

It becomes quite easy when your oxf*rd mate Gunter gives them away needlessly.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Dec 2018 17:31

Let`s blame the manager....oh hang on. :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2018 17:45

The plan for the rest of the season has to be 4 points from each block of 3 games. A point from Rotherham means a win from Middlesbrough or Millwall will be good progress.

By the end of this season I think relegation will be any 3 from Reading, Ipswich, Bolton, Millwall, Rotherham, Brentford and Wigan with Hull, Sheff W and Preston teetering. Games against those teams therefore have to be seen as “must win” games

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Dec 2018 17:46

Just looking at the highlights. The inability of our players to hit the target from close range is mystifying. I've seen Sunday league player finish better. Created so much today and robbed by pathetic finishing.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Dec 2018 17:47

Sutekh The plan for the rest of the season has to be 4 points from each block of 3 games. A point from Rotherham means a win from Middlesbrough or Millwall will be good progress.

By the end of this season I think relegation will be any 3 from Reading, Ipswich, Bolton, Millwall, Rotherham, Brentford and Wigan with Hull, Sheff W and Preston teetering. Games against those teams therefore have to be seen as “must win” games

I'm pretty sure no team has survived the drop with the amount of points Ipswich have at this point in the season so they surely must take a slot.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Dec 2018 17:48

Ascotexgunner Just looking at the highlights. The inability of our players to hit the target from close range is mystifying. I've seen Sunday league player finish better. Created so much today and robbed by pathetic finishing.

Baldock has missed from there before for us.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Dec 2018 17:51

Bunch of oxf*rd.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Dec 2018 17:54

sandman
RoyalBlue It's normally meant to be difficult to score from corners - a surprisingly low conversion rate for most teams - but when you're playing against Reading the odds improve dramatically. We gift goals.

It becomes quite easy when your oxf*rd mate Gunter gives them away needlessly.

What a twatish comment. Regardless of whether someone gives them away, the odds of converting any corner do not increase. Says a lot about your ability to assess Gunter or any other player.

He's not my 'oxf*rd mate' I merely highlight idiots who blame him for everything that goes wrong and suggest that he is a poor footballer when countless good (and some bad) managers see things quite differently.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Dec 2018 17:54

Was in a taxi on the way back to Cheltenham town centre having had a day out at the races when I heard about the Rovrum equaliser. There followed limited Anglo Saxon vocabulary on my part...and I left my Reading beanie behind in the fecking taxi :twisted:

At least McIntyre did well so not all bad. Yet another injury though with Ilori the latest. We cannot go a single bloody week without someone getting injured.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Dec 2018 17:55

NewCorkSeth
Ascotexgunner Just looking at the highlights. The inability of our players to hit the target from close range is mystifying. I've seen Sunday league player finish better. Created so much today and robbed by pathetic finishing.

Baldock has missed from there before for us.

His miss was unbelievable......especially as he had buried the one earlier which was tightish....I was criminal.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Dec 2018 18:01

Gave away one too many corners, which they live off with their size. Gunter needlessly gave away the last one under no pressure...and then slowly walked back with his head down rather than gee'ing everyone up. Was hoping he wouldn't decide to 'have a moment'. No surprise when the corner then came over that, rather than redeem himself, he was a statue doing nothing. Looked like it went thru Jak's legs (who otherwise played well, again).

Anyhooo, would have taken point at start. Didn't really expect clean sheet away with 18 year old McIntyre starting, but he was composed/mature beyond years, and Blackett did well alongside him.

Swift was good, and played 90 mins. Rino worked hard, and I thought did more than Bacuna (who was skipper). Baldock lively, but did tire. Good to have McCleary back as an option.

Overall, good battling display at tough place/conditions. We do need more size.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 15 Dec 2018 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2018 18:06

Denver Royal Gave away too many corners, which they live off with their size. Gunter needlessly gave away the last one under no pressure...and then slowly walked back with his head down rather than gee'ing everyone up. Drama queen that he is, was hoping he wouldn't decide to 'have a moment'. No surprise when the corner then came over that, rather than redeem himself, he was a statue doing nothing. Looked like it went thru Jak's legs (who otherwise played well, again).

Anyhooo, would have taken point at start. Didn't really expect clean sheet away with 18 year old McIntyre starting, but he was composed/mature beyond years, and Blackett did well alongside him.

Swift was good, and played 90 mins. Rino worked hard, and I thought did more than Bacuna (who was skipper). Baldock lively, but did tire. Good to have McCleary back as an option.

Positive report, thanks

To be fair, we have Eza, Bod, Meite, Ilori/O Shea and Moore on the injury list. All are big lads. Put those 5 in and suddenly we are a tall side

I was convinced we’d lose when I saw the line up. Trying to detach from the disappointment of a last minute equaliser, it’s a positive point

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2018 18:07

Denver Royal Gave away too many corners, which they live off with their size. Gunter needlessly gave away the last one under no pressure...and then slowly walked back with his head down rather than gee'ing everyone up. Drama queen that he is, was hoping he wouldn't decide to 'have a moment'.

Let’s not also forget the apparent ricket dropped by McCleary that set Mr Gunter up for his mistake so the mess wasn’t all his doing.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Dec 2018 18:09

Hound
Denver Royal Gave away too many corners, which they live off with their size. Gunter needlessly gave away the last one under no pressure...and then slowly walked back with his head down rather than gee'ing everyone up. Drama queen that he is, was hoping he wouldn't decide to 'have a moment'. No surprise when the corner then came over that, rather than redeem himself, he was a statue doing nothing. Looked like it went thru Jak's legs (who otherwise played well, again).

Positive report, thanks

To be fair, we have Eza, Bod, Meite, Ilori/O Shea and Moore on the injury list. All are big lads. Put those 5 in and suddenly we are a tall side

I was convinced we’d lose when I saw the line up. Trying to detach from the disappointment of a last minute equaliser, it’s a positive point

We are now satisfied with drawing with Rotherham. We were on the verge of Premier League football a season and a half ago. So sad. Not a criticsm of you Hound, I've seen others say it too on social media.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2018 18:14

Hound

Positive report, thanks

It really is quite unbelievable that Reading have not been able to field what most fans would select as a first team from the available squad since the early months of 2017. It’s no wonder therefore that club has struggled as even when players come back others go out so what chance is there of ever getting a settled team let alone winning reasonably regularly.

Anyone coming in really does have to sit down and look at the training sessions, medical and fitness side as there has to be something wrong in there somewhere.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Dec 2018 18:15

Sutekh
Denver Royal Gave away too many corners, which they live off with their size. Gunter needlessly gave away the last one under no pressure...and then slowly walked back with his head down rather than gee'ing everyone up. Drama queen that he is, was hoping he wouldn't decide to 'have a moment'.

Let’s not also forget the apparent ricket dropped by McCleary that set Mr Gunter up for his mistake so the mess wasn’t all his doing.

Yep, well said.