by Hound » 15 Dec 2018 18:15

Far from satisfied OMA but in our position you have to be realistic

They don’t lose many either, esp at home

Seen the highlights - Swift looked very good on them

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (a) sponsored by Dick Habbin

by Gunny Fishcake » 15 Dec 2018 18:19

We just can't seem to grind a result out. Seeing players interviewed on local media TV/radio this week on the clubs present predicament of no manager they simply don't seem bothered. We're in a relegation fight and we need fighters , scrappers , players prepared to run through brick walls and get a result. Therefore we're fcuked as we're a very weak team both mentally and physically but like last year it would appear almost unbelievably there are worst teams in the league than us. We're competing in the cesspit of the championship and its crap, excuse the woeful pun.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2018 18:22

Last week I was seriously worried after Sheff Utd. First time this year I’ve thought we’d go down

To go away in our position, and put in a half decent performance - plenty of shots on goal etc - I feel a lot better

Ipswich are likely down. Bolton as well I reckon. I think there will be a worse team than us to take that last spot

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Dec 2018 18:51

Hound Last week I was seriously worried after Sheff Utd. First time this year I’ve thought we’d go down

To go away in our position, and put in a half decent performance - plenty of shots on goal etc - I feel a lot better

Ipswich are likely down. Bolton as well I reckon. I think there will be a worse team than us to take that last spot

I think we are going down. First time I have felt that way was after last Saturday’s abject display. We give away so many poor goals. We appear to have fitness problems still. We have a squad that is incapable of avoiding injuries.
Recipe for relegation.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Dec 2018 19:00

Gunny Fishcake We just can't seem to grind a result out. Seeing players interviewed on local media TV/radio this week on the clubs present predicament of no manager they simply don't seem bothered. We're in a relegation fight and we need fighters , scrappers , players prepared to run through brick walls and get a result. Therefore we're fcuked as we're a very weak team both mentally and physically.

I thought we fought and scrapped today, Gunny. About half the team is out, and an 18 year old made his debut at CB in a tough environment against some very physical giants.
(I don't usually ride Gunts, and I was a tad harsh, because he otherwise did ok. Tbf, the corner delivery that came in to Ajayi was excellent, and he's a big unit).
Baldock finished tidily to score, but his subsequent miss was a shocker.
Prolly lacked some nous seeing out the game (which isn't too surprising), but I wouldn't question the effort today.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2018 19:04

My gut feeling is once Meite, Bod and Baldock are fully fit - if that actually happens of course - we’ll have plenty enough fire power to pull away from the bottom 3

If Swift is back on some semblance of form and We bring in a new CB to pair with Moore or Ilori, I think we’ll be fairly comfortable eventually

Of course - some big ‘ifs’ in there and can certainly see why people think we’ll go down

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 15 Dec 2018 19:10

Denver Royal
Gunny Fishcake We just can't seem to grind a result out. Seeing players interviewed on local media TV/radio this week on the clubs present predicament of no manager they simply don't seem bothered. We're in a relegation fight and we need fighters , scrappers , players prepared to run through brick walls and get a result. Therefore we're fcuked as we're a very weak team both mentally and physically.

I thought we fought and scrapped today, Gunny. About half the team is out, and an 18 year old made his debut at CB in a tough environment against some very physical giants.
(I don't usually ride Gunts, and I was a tad harsh, because he otherwise did ok. Tbf, the corner delivery that came in to Ajayi was excellent, and he's a big unit).
Prolly lacked some nous seeing out the game (which isn't too surprising), but I wouldn't question the effort today.

I never went today just listened on the radio so I bow and respect your opinion Denver, it's just gutting conceding a goal so late again, I'll be ok tomorrow :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Dec 2018 19:43

Keep an eye on the likes of Brentford and Sheff Wed, both are still on massive slides.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Dec 2018 20:51

tidus_mi2 Keep an eye on the likes of Brentford and Sheff Wed, both are still on massive slides.

Brentford slide is unbelievable. They lost their manager and it's like their mojo has just completely gone. They looked like they could challenge at the start for at least a playoff place. Very worrying for them with their new stadium on the horizon.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Dec 2018 01:57

Gunny Fishcake
Denver Royal

I never went today just listened on the radio so I bow and respect your opinion Denver, it's just gutting conceding a goal so late again, I'll be ok tomorrow :lol:

I’d be more inclined to respect the opinion of someone who got basic facts right.
We didn,t have an 18 year old centre back playing today.
Tom Holmes was 18 when he played against Bolton last season. Tom McIntyre is 20.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 Dec 2018 14:19

Nameless
Gunny Fishcake
Denver Royal I thought we fought and scrapped today, Gunny. About half the team is out, and an 18 year old made his debut at CB in a tough environment against some very physical giants.

I’d be more inclined to respect the opinion of someone who got basic facts right.
Tom Holmes was 18 when he played against Bolton last season. Tom McIntyre is 20.

Gunny, sorry m8, I got a basic fact wrong. McIntyre, making his 1st team debut, just turned 20 last month :wink:

Anyhooo, Swift was impressive yesterday, in a game I wasn't sure he would be (cold, rain, wind, away vs big, physical team). Think most would agree there's a good player in there, and hoping new manager will figure his issues out (inconsistency, defensive work, fitness, injuries, etc). He's still a young-ish player at 23 with plenty of scope, imo.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Dec 2018 18:46

Denver Royal
Nameless
Gunny Fishcake

Gunny, sorry m8, I got a basic fact wrong. McIntyre, making his 1st team debut, just turned 20 last month :wink:

Anyhooo, Swift was impressive yesterday, in a game I wasn't sure he would be (cold, rain, wind, away vs big, physical team). Think most would agree there's a good player in there, and hoping new manager will figure his issues out (inconsistency, defensive work, fitness, injuries, etc). He's still a young-ish player at 23 with plenty of scope, imo.

No worries Denver , they are some very sad people on this board ( not many I must add) who jump on the most insignificant minor teeny weeny tiny minuscule error, wrong post , wrong thread boll*x, and you'd think think it was the end of the world . I guess it gives them satisfaction, poor sods.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Dec 2018 19:11

Nameless
Gunny Fishcake
Denver Royal I thought we fought and scrapped today, Gunny. About half the team is out, and an 18 year old made his debut at CB in a tough environment against some very physical giants.

I think you'll find that Tom Holmes was 17 years and 11 months :wink:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Dec 2018 19:17

Gunny Fishcake
Denver Royal
Nameless

No worries Denver , they are some very sad people on this board ( not many I must add) who jump on the most insignificant minor teeny weeny tiny minuscule error, wrong post , wrong thread boll*x, and you'd think think it was the end of the world . I guess it gives them satisfaction, poor sods.

And then there are the pofaced, holier than thou types who take everything so, so seriously !

To be honest it’s not insignificant to state a player is 18 (incredibly young to be playing first team football), when they are in fact 20 (not unusual to make the breakthrough and plenty of players play international football at 20).
It’s been bizarre to see lots of fans having no idea who some of our highly rated Academy players are

And I concede that the other Tom played just shortly before his 18th birthday !

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 Dec 2018 20:05

Nameless And then there are the pofaced, holier than thou types who take everything so, so seriously !

To be honest it’s not insignificant to state a player is 18 (incredibly young to be playing first team football), when they are in fact 20 (not unusual to make the breakthrough and plenty of players play international football at 20).

It’s been bizarre to see lots of fans having no idea who some of our highly rated Academy players are

McIntyre, heard the name and knew he was in Academy, but wasn't sure of his age. Someone on radio yesterday at some point said he was 18, so went with that. Again, sincere apols.

To me, it's perfectly understandable how some of our fans may not know our academy as well as others (pretty sure that's the case at most clubs?). People are at different life stages, different family and work situations, time constraints, live in different locations, have different health situations, some just may not have a major interest in the academy, etc.

For example, in my case, I spend a fair bit of time out of the country, and so I certainly don't make it to many Academy games. As such, I'm in no way an expert on the Academy players, and I do lose track sometimes. Accordingly, I will sometimes seek out SCIAG, Royals and Racers, etc, in here for academy info and for stuff I may have missed. (Very helpful and generous they are, too.)

Nameless I concede that the other Tom played just shortly before his 18th birthday !

Well quite. And, you didn't apologize for it! :wink: