CONFIMRED José Gomes

313 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: CONFIMRED José Gomes

by TiagoIlori » 22 Dec 2018 21:32

Not sure what to think, I’ve not heard particularly great things about him, some Portuguese followers saying he is a very average coach and that he’s nothing like a Luis Castro. Having said that I will remain indifferent about this appointment until I have an opinion of my own not on what somebody else told me.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Dec 2018 21:39

El Diablo We were going down before the change, so what on earth have the Chinese got to lose?

Complete loss of face if this goes belly up.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2018 21:44

and if it doesn’t ?

The season starts today

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 22 Dec 2018 21:45

Crowbar6753 The appointment has now been made and whether we like it or not there is diddly squat we can do about it now!!
At the end of the day we are all Reading fans and we should all want whats best for the club, which at the moment is survival in the Chump. So instead of moaning and groaning lets get behind the new manager and back him and his staff and see where they can take us, and you never know......we may just win a few games.

TiagoIlori Until I have an opinion of my own not on what somebody else told me.

Well said.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 22 Dec 2018 21:48

PieEater
Sutekh JG is bringing 4 backroom staff with him.

So guess that means curtains for Gibbs, Beasant, Gilkes etc. unless they’re planning on over staffing in that area as well.

I think this is the major worry, the core of the club is being eroded.

New Manager arrives and wants his own team shocker ...

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Dec 2018 21:50

Crowbar6753 PS everyone laughed at Solsjaer (Excuse my spelling) being give charge at Man U, but just look at their result today lol.

So you reckon that Reading are going to win 5-1 at Millwall. 8) 8)

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 22 Dec 2018 21:51

Lower West
El Diablo We were going down before the change, so what on earth have the Chinese got to lose?

What would 'complete loss of face and belly up' constitute to you now?
Again, you consistently said (under Clement) that this is a long term re-building project, there's no magic wand, we may have to drop down a division or two...and that you wouldn't have minded if we did.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Dec 2018 21:54

Crowbar6753 PS everyone laughed at Solsjaer (Excuse my spelling) being give charge at Man U

Did they?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Dec 2018 22:00

Really not happy about this, but I'll go with it (not much choice).
You never know, it may go well.
Looks like there's gonna be some changes ahead.....let's hope they turn out for the best.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 22 Dec 2018 22:01

Lower West

You think they dont already know that?!!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 22 Dec 2018 22:01

"To start building up from our goalkeeper, pass the ball to each other and controlling the game with the ball to make the opponent move and try to recover the ball. In this way creating space and gaps for the fast players and strikers to use. But basically creating with the ball, controlling the game with the ball." - So just the same failed policy as Stam and Clement then.

"Middlesbrough are in fourth position but if you look at the match the Reading players deserved to win the match. Especially for what they created and what they did in the second half." - We had NO shots on target in the second half of today's game!

"My staff are studying them and I will sit with my staff to study all the small details about Millwall. It will be a very important match for us." - No oxf*rd shit Sherlock?!?!

"If it's not possible this season, it will be difficult but not impossible, but at least in the next season we must put the club in the Premier League." - Jesus oxf*rd H Christ! So we're trying to get to the PL this season?!?!?!? Is this idiot for real?

I am at my wits end with the owners and this nonce of a "manager". Average stay at his SEVENTEEN posts since 1995 = 7 months. Pinnacle of his career, winning the Saudi Cup in 2016, the SAUDI Cup!!! Largest salary ever given to any manager in RFC's ENTIRE history. Are the owners seriously saying there is no one better to get us out of this mess? The Iranian spiv is laughing all the way to the bank and will not give a toss when Gomes is sacked before Easter and we are relegated and in administration for the start of next season in the third tier. I am very, very angry right now.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Dec 2018 22:03

AthleticoSpizz and if it doesn’t ?

The season starts today

If only it did. Then I might feel more optimistic. In terms of performances I've seen league 2 teams play better football this season. We are such a long way adrift of having a style or pattern of play. There's a major rebuilding job required. That plastering over can no longer hide.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 22 Dec 2018 22:07

strap "To start building up from our goalkeeper, pass the ball to each other and controlling the game with the ball to make the opponent move and try to recover the ball. In this way creating space and gaps for the fast players and strikers to use. But basically creating with the ball, controlling the game with the ball." - So just the same failed policy as Stam and Clement then.

"Middlesbrough are in fourth position but if you look at the match the Reading players deserved to win the match. Especially for what they created and what they did in the second half." - We had NO shots on target in the second half of today's game!

"My staff are studying them and I will sit with my staff to study all the small details about Millwall. It will be a very important match for us." - No oxf*rd shit Sherlock?!?!

"If it's not possible this season, it will be difficult but not impossible, but at least in the next season we must put the club in the Premier League." - Jesus oxf*rd H Christ! So we're trying to get to the PL this season?!?!?!? Is this idiot for real?

I am at my wits end with the owners and this nonce of a "manager". Average stay at his SEVENTEEN posts since 1995 = 7 months. Pinnacle of his career, winning the Saudi Cup in 2016, the SAUDI Cup!!! Largest salary ever given to any manager in RFC's ENTIRE history. Are the owners seriously saying there is no one better to get us out of this mess? The Iranian spiv is laughing all the way to the bank and will not give a toss when Gomes is sacked before Easter and we are relegated and in administration for the start of next season in the third tier. I am very, very angry right now.

You need to go roll a fat one and chill out ...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2018 22:08

Who really knows?

Gotta wish the fellah all the best...and maybe, just maybe we will have a manager who has the rights to criticise Chelsea one day :wink:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Dec 2018 22:11

strap "To start building up from our goalkeeper, pass the ball to each other and controlling the game with the ball to make the opponent move and try to recover the ball. In this way creating space and gaps for the fast players and strikers to use. But basically creating with the ball, controlling the game with the ball." - So just the same failed policy as Stam and Clement then.

I kind of agree with you.....but might have put it a slightly calmer way.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 22 Dec 2018 22:13

El Diablo
Lower West

You think they dont already know that?!!

Belly up? If some were ok with being relegated and spending a year or two in lower div's (under Clement)...then seems to me Gomes has a lot of leeway and margin for error? That is, if we're being consistent, of course. What happened to the 'Let him have the team for a few years, and I don't care about the results or what league we're in' option? :wink:

Needle

by Needle » 22 Dec 2018 22:14

75K a week?

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2018 22:20

Do you actually know what the bolded word means? Because if you do, you're a disgrace, and if you don't you're an idiot who should know better.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Dec 2018 22:21

Lower West
Crowbar6753 PS everyone laughed at Solsjaer (Excuse my spelling) being give charge at Man U, but just look at their result today lol.

So you reckon that Reading are going to win 5-1 at Millwall. 8) 8)

Not a chance lol......... :D

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Dec 2018 22:29

Snowflake Royal

Do you actually know what the bolded word means? Because if you do, you're a disgrace, and if you don't you're an idiot who should know better.

Well said Ian, absolutely no need for words like that and Strap should be ashamed of himself.
Although to be fair he does not seem to be himself these days, maybe his database got corrupted or something.

313 posts