Bring on the Forest-team for Saturday?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Bring on the Forest-team for Saturday?

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Jan 2019 19:28

As the feelgood factor is with us after yesterday's good showing I bring news that might keep the feeling going, at least for a few more days.
Forest have all their centre-backs injured and had a pairing of a midfielder and a full back playing there yesterday, as they ended up doing in their previous game.

So this Saturday I hope Meite starts even if not fully fit (shame about Bod being injured again) and that we have a real go playing two wingers and getting in loads of crosses.-Mc Cleary to shine against his old club on one wing and the currently very lively Harriot on the other?

They are a decent footballing side but the goals given away in recent games are in part down to the current defensive problems which hopefully will continue at least for another week.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Bring on the Forest-team for Saturday?

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 19:54

Feel good factor hahaha

WE LOST!!!!! What don't you get about that?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Jan 2019 20:35

Forest are by no means water tight at the back, but they do score lots. can`t see anything but another loss here because we will probably need to score at least 3 to win.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2019 21:26

Be happy with a draw. While Gomes continues to get his "style" of play ingrained into the team. Likewise some consistancy with team selection.

Hopefully Harriott will perform again. Rather like have a new signing. After 2 years out must take credit for getting himself back again. That's the type of character that we need in the team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2019 23:18

I'd love to see what a Rino-Kelly partnership can do in a league game under Gomes. Likely to be pressed much more, but also up against much less good opposition. In fact, having just checked back... our results with the pair in midfield have been decent (comparatively) beat Bristol, drew with Ipswich and Wigan and a very narrow defeat against Leeds. I don't recall either being particularly at fault for the goals v Bristol or Ipswich... wasn't Ipswich Rino's one weaker game?

This game poses a really interesting question for Gomes regarding midfield. Who does he put in that AMC role? He's used Swift, Loader and Aluko there. Whilst most of Bacuna's best performances this season have been in a more attacking role... perhaps he could be accommodated there successfully... he has at least got an eye for goal. But then that's all three of Aluko, Loader and Swift out of the team, unless Swift drops out of his actual position and pairs up with Rino. In which case, Kelly is dropped after an impressive performance against Utd, which would also be the case if Bacuna came back into the base of midfield.

Personally, I'd go:

..................Jaakkola
..Yiadom, Ilori, Moore, Gunter
..........Rinomhota, Kelly
..McCleary, Bacuna, Harriott
....................Meite
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 06 Jan 2019 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2019 23:23

windermereROYAL Forest are by no means water tight at the back, but they do score lots. can`t see anything but another loss here because we will probably need to score at least 3 to win.

So basically the same as pretty much all of our wins this season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 08:50

Snowflake Royal I'd love to see what a Rino-Kelly partnership can do in a league game under Gomes. Likely to be pressed much more, but also up against much less good opposition. In fact, having just checked back... our results with the pair in midfield have been decent (comparatively) beat Bristol, drew with Ipswich and Wigan and a very narrow defeat against Leeds. I don't recall either being particularly at fault for the goals v Bristol or Ipswich... wasn't Ipswich Rino's one weaker game?

This game poses a really interesting question for Gomes regarding midfield. Who does he put in that AMC role? He's used Swift, Loader and Aluko there. Whilst most of Bacuna's best performances this season have been in a more attacking role... perhaps he could be accommodated there successfully... he has at least got an eye for goal. But then that's all three of Aluko, Loader and Swift out of the team, unless Swift drops out of his actual position and pairs up with Rino. In which case, Kelly is dropped after an impressive performance against Utd, which would also be the case if Bacuna came back into the base of midfield.

Personally, I'd go:

Yet another laughable suggestion from Ian. You want Liam Kelly in a league starting line up after what he has done this season and you want to welcome back with open arms Leandro Bacuna who intentionally got himself sent off against Millwall in order to get 3 games off over New Years. Wow.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jan 2019 09:41

Old Man Andrews Leandro Bacuna who intentionally got himself sent off against Millwall in order to get 3 games off over New Years. Wow.

You don't seriously believe this? :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 09:44

genome
Old Man Andrews Leandro Bacuna who intentionally got himself sent off against Millwall in order to get 3 games off over New Years. Wow.

Of course he did, did it last season too. The heat gets too much for him and he runs away. Look what he did when Villa got relegated, spent the afternoon at Birmingham airport on a hoverboard immediately after relegation. That isn't the behaviour of someone who cares about football or the club they play for. He needs to go immediately.

No shock you are backing him though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jan 2019 09:52

Old Man Andrews
genome

Of course he did, did it last season too. The heat gets too much for him and he runs away. Look what he did when Villa got relegated, spent the afternoon at Birmingham airport on a hoverboard immediately after relegation. That isn't the behaviour of someone who cares about football or the club they play for. He needs to go immediately.

OMA, I think people would take you a little more seriously on here if you didn't constantly strawman everyone. And you should probably stop sauntering around claiming your opinion to be the correct one.

I think you need to have a sit down because you've lost your head a little.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jan 2019 09:53

Did he purposefully get them to appoint that dumbfukk referee, Davies?

The club are at fault for Bacuna missing the rest of the Christmas fixtures. West Brom had the balls to appeal when the dumbfukk sent off Jay Rodriguez for another "stamp" a couple of days later and surprise surprise it was overturned because Andy oxf*rd Davies is a dumb oxf*rd oxf*rd.
Last edited by sandman on 07 Jan 2019 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 09:54

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

OMA, I think people would take you a little more seriously on here if you didn't constantly strawman everyone. And you should probably stop sauntering around claiming your opinion to be the correct one.

Notice you didn't dispute anything that I said. It is because you know it to be true and can't disagree so you go off on a tangent about something else, normally trying to play the man and not the ball as you have done in this situation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 09:55

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal I'd love to see what a Rino-Kelly partnership can do in a league game under Gomes. Likely to be pressed much more, but also up against much less good opposition. In fact, having just checked back... our results with the pair in midfield have been decent (comparatively) beat Bristol, drew with Ipswich and Wigan and a very narrow defeat against Leeds. I don't recall either being particularly at fault for the goals v Bristol or Ipswich... wasn't Ipswich Rino's one weaker game?

Personally, I'd go:

Yet another laughable suggestion from Ian. You want Liam Kelly in a league starting line up after what he has done this season and you want to welcome back with open arms Leandro Bacuna who intentionally got himself sent off against Millwall in order to get 3 games off over New Years. Wow.

Do grow up OMA, I'm not interested in your transparent attempt at wummery.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 07 Jan 2019 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 09:57

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Personally, I'd go:

Do grow up OMA, I'm not interested in your transparent attempt at summery.

You don't like people disagreeing with you do you? Can't handle it. Notice you can't actually argue against anything I have said though which is standard practice for someone who knows they are wrong.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jan 2019 09:58

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

Notice you didn't dispute anything that I said. It is because you know it to be true and can't disagree so you go off on a tangent about something else, normally trying to play the man and not the ball as you have done in this situation.

Because it's patent nonsense and complete conjecture. What's wrong with you?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 10:00

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

Why is it nonsense. Look at the facts. Your hero Bacuna is a liability and deliberately gets himself sent off when the chips are down.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 10:00

Fookin he'll if I couldn't take people arguing me I wouldn't have spent 20 years arguing with people on here.

I can argue against your point. I choose not to because it's a ludicrous, transparent and pathetic attempt to get a rise for your own gratification.

Fin

Much love.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 10:03

Snowflake Royal Fookin he'll if I couldn't take people arguing me I wouldn't have spent 20 years arguing with people on here.

I can argue against your point. I choose not to because it's a ludicrous, transparent and pathetic attempt to get a rise for your own gratification.

Fin

Much love.

Please explain why he would stamp on a player after 85 minutes of a game that he knows we were more than likely going to lose then? It was a completely nothing situation either and there was no prior niggles or bad challenges on him. Why did he get himself sent off at the end of last season when the times were tough and he was under fire? He is just a fraud with a bad attitude.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jan 2019 10:05

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

Why is it nonsense. Look at the facts. Your hero Bacuna is a liability and deliberately gets himself sent off when the chips are down.

The burden of proof is on you. Your task is to prove the claim without resorting to assumption and conjecture.

Good luck.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 10:08

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

The burden of proof is on you. Your task is to prove the claim without resorting to assumption and conjecture.

Good luck.

I have given you two examples of inexplicable red cards that Bacuna has received in recent times that demonstrate he is doing it on purpose in order to avoid crunch games he knows he'll have to perform in.