MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by Steve Stone

136 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by Steve Stone

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2019 00:39

JR
Melton Royal It'll be the Notts guy, they were making those kind of remarks all through the match

My Forest mate who was in the away game says Reading were dreadful and are doomed to relegation.

Polar opposites to my view, but I guess that’s the rose tinted glasses of a football fan that makes these things very difficult to reconcile

Just saying that to fit their convenient narrative about Karanka/owners.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 02:24

Snowflake Royal To be fair, are Reading fans really any judge of what most football fans would consider turgid anymore? Our performances have been so dire for so long it's probably reset our perspective somewhat and most people's turgid is now excellent to us.

Well, were you at the game?

If you were you’d be able to answer your own question.

It had 2 goals, 2 sendings off, a brawl and an own goal.

And it wasn’t turgid. We could/should have a couple more goals.

I know you want Gomes to fail, but really.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2019 04:57

leon
Snowflake Royal To be fair, are Reading fans really any judge of what most football fans would consider turgid anymore? Our performances have been so dire for so long it's probably reset our perspective somewhat and most people's turgid is now excellent to us.

Yeah well said. It was a really entertaining game that we fully controlled. We frustrated Forest from the 1st minute and it led to their players losing their heads. Ian appears to have an agenda against Gomes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 09:07

leon

Why do you have to take everything so literally Leon. :roll:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 12:34

Snowflake Royal
leon

Why do you have to take everything so literally Leon. :roll:

Yeah that’ll be it...

Tbh It was a really enjoyable game with thrills and spills galore. Even I might have a little bit of optimism. A little bit.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Jan 2019 13:44

Melton Royal I will be following the game on the totally unbiased commentary available to me on BBC Radio Notts

They reckon that we're there for the taking & that Bod will have a tough time against Colback

Unbiased?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Jan 2019 13:45

Melton Royal It'll be the Notts guy, they were making those kind of remarks all through the match

Well, maybe not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 14:03

The Royal Forester

Well, maybe not.

Am I missing something or did you totally miss Melton's obvious sarcasm about unbiased commo?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 21:59

Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester

Well, maybe not.

Am I missing something

Definitely.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Jan 2019 22:23

Platypuss
JR

My Forest mate who was in the away game says Reading were dreadful and are doomed to relegation.

Polar opposites to my view, but I guess that’s the rose tinted glasses of a football fan that makes these things very difficult to reconcile

Just saying that to fit their convenient narrative about Karanka/owners.

Yep agreed. We played well yesterday and were far from dreadful. Dear God we know what dreadful looks like after the dross we have watched over the past 18 months. Frankly Forest were lucky to get away without a hiding yesterday. We wasted too many promising situations. Missed opportunities apart we played some good stuff. Forest looked like the relegation strugglers and not us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2019 13:51

So the FA (effing aholes) have now charged us for failing to control our players.

When are they going to start charging match officials for failing to control games?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2019 14:24

RoyalBlue So the FA (effing aholes) have now charged us for failing to control our players.

When are they going to start charging match officials for failing to control games?

sad but true..

A spokesman from the FA said It is alleged that they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 62nd minute.

Will the previous 61 minutes of good behaviour from Reading be taken into consideration?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Jan 2019 14:57

Have Forest also been charged ?

To be honest it’s pretty hard to defend, there is never a justification for multiple players to run and get involved in protracted pushing and shoving.

And obviously officials get scrutinised far more stringently than players do. If the FA tried to retrospectively punish players for every incidence of foul play, dissent, unsporting behaviour based on a review of the match video I suspect we’d struggle to have enough players to stage any games !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2019 14:59

Nameless Have Forest also been charged ?

To be honest it’s pretty hard to defend, there is never a justification for multiple players to run and get involved in protracted pushing and shoving.

And obviously officials get scrutinised far more stringently than players do. If the FA tried to retrospectively punish players for every incidence of foul play, dissent, unsporting behaviour based on a review of the match video I suspect we’d struggle to have enough players to stage any games !

Yeah they have been charged. We will both get a 10k fine and move on, it was hardly a punch up was it? Just handbags at dawn. The referee allowed tensions to reach that level due to his inability to take control of the game prior to that incident.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2019 18:18

Said from the first point I saw it that Moore had no business running 40 yards to pile in and escalate something Ilori was managing fine.

Completely unsurprising and I don't think we've got a leg to stand on.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Jan 2019 19:33

WAs Moore captain ?
If so you can allow him to go and get involved (in a pacifying role ideally). No one else can really have an excuse.

Although would be fun if a football team ever emulated the infamous 99 call the Lions used in New Zealand which led to mass pre retaliation .

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 08:36

Snowflake Royal Said from the first point I saw it that Moore had no business running 40 yards to pile in and escalate something Ilori was managing fine.

Completely unsurprising and I don't think we've got a leg to stand on.

Nonsense. We haven't seen this sort of team spirit for about 18 months now, the players had eachothers backs. Well worth a 10k fine and a slap on the wrist.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 18 Jan 2019 09:15, edited 2 times in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2019 09:11

Actually agree on that. Mentioned before how often we roll over and accept decisions, bad challenges etc.

I remember the Swansea game and at ht, one of their players was having a massive go at the ref about something despite them being 3-0 up. Compared it to our lame reactions on them getting a pretty ropey free kick for their 3rd goal, possible foul for their second, and a soft pen for their 4th.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 10:41

FA have confirmed a 5K fine for our part in the melee. Totally worth it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Jan 2019 11:14

Old Man Andrews FA have confirmed a 5K fine for our part in the melee. Totally worth it.

What’s the actual point of that. :lol:

136 posts