MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by Steve Stone

136 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by Steve Stone

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 11:16

CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews FA have confirmed a 5K fine for our part in the melee. Totally worth it.

What’s the actual point of that. :lol:

Of what?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Jan 2019 11:24

Old Man Andrews
CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews FA have confirmed a 5K fine for our part in the melee. Totally worth it.

Of what?

A £5000 fine, it’s peanuts.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 11:29

CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews
CountryRoyal

Of what?

A £5000 fine, it’s peanuts.

Because it is a minor offence and we weren't deemed to have instigated the melee.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 18 Jan 2019 12:07

Fox was his own worst enemy in that game and got himself sent off, imo. Yet, it's almost as if some are feeling worse bout that, and criticizing Moore for 'running over and getting involved', than if one of our own had got set sent of.
Put it this way, if Moore (or any of our lads) gets an opponent sent off in every game the rest of the way then that's fine by me. Being smart, professional, learning the dark arts, whatever.
It's a dimension that's been missing from our game this season. Opponents scoring own goals, too. It's part of learning how to win. We're in the fight of our lives, and add me to those who could care less about a 5k fine. Bring it on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2019 13:41

Hound Actually agree on that. Mentioned before how often we roll over and accept decisions, bad challenges etc.

I remember the Swansea game and at ht, one of their players was having a massive go at the ref about something despite them being 3-0 up. Compared it to our lame reactions on them getting a pretty ropey free kick for their 3rd goal, possible foul for their second, and a soft pen for their 4th.

Harper and co were pros at getting in the ref's ear. You don't do it by screaming in their face. And that's not what Moore did anyway. He pelted 40 yards to face up Murphy not get in the red's ear and influence him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 13:45

Snowflake Royal
Hound Actually agree on that. Mentioned before how often we roll over and accept decisions, bad challenges etc.

I remember the Swansea game and at ht, one of their players was having a massive go at the ref about something despite them being 3-0 up. Compared it to our lame reactions on them getting a pretty ropey free kick for their 3rd goal, possible foul for their second, and a soft pen for their 4th.

Harper and co were pros at getting in the ref's ear. You don't do it by screaming in their face. And that's not what Moore did anyway. He pelted 40 yards to face up Murphy not get in the red's ear and influence him.

Good, he did what a captain should be doing in that situation. He was sticking up for his teammates and taking no shit. You're the only person who is seeing the incident in a negative light. No shock there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jan 2019 14:05

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal

Good, he did what a captain should be doing in that situation. He was sticking up for his teammates and taking no shit. You're the only person who is seeing the incident in a negative light. No shock there.

I think we should get a new emoticon with a face of feigned surprise for whenever Snowflake takes a contrary viewpoint.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2019 14:06

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Harper and co were pros at getting in the ref's ear. You don't do it by screaming in their face. And that's not what Moore did anyway. He pelted 40 yards to face up Murphy not get in the red's ear and influence him.

I think we should get a new emoticon with a face of feigned surprise for whenever Snowflake takes a contrary viewpoint.

It wouldn't be used by OMA though, as he is too mature to use emojis.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 14:07

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Harper and co were pros at getting in the ref's ear. You don't do it by screaming in their face. And that's not what Moore did anyway. He pelted 40 yards to face up Murphy not get in the red's ear and influence him.

I love Ian but theres literally no need for it, its constant.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jan 2019 14:08

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Oh yeah I saw that. What's the difference between am emoji and an emoticon?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jan 2019 14:10

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

I love Ian but theres literally no need for it, its constant.

I love you too Ian xx

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jan 2019 14:10

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2019 14:10

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Ha yep, he has a rare talent for arguing even if he shares the same opinion. Obvs I never said anything like thats what Moore did - just saying we roll over and accept whatever shit comes our way (or have been doing so)

Many more examples - the Boro handball being the obvious one. The Blackett sending off - just accepted. If it'd be a more streetwise time they'd have given the ref all sorts of shit about both

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2019 14:40

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
NewCorkSeth I think we should get a new emoticon with a face of feigned surprise for whenever Snowflake takes a contrary viewpoint.

Didn't know I had quite that effect on you...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2019 16:34

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Ha yep, he has a rare talent for arguing even if he shares the same opinion. Obvs I never said anything like thats what Moore did - just saying we roll over and accept whatever shit comes our way (or have been doing so)

Many more examples - the Boro handball being the obvious one. The Blackett sending off - just accepted. If it'd be a more streetwise time they'd have given the ref all sorts of shit about both

Apols if I conflated your 'we roll over too easily' with OMA's desire for our players to get themselves carded and the club fined.

I agree we're too passive and don't influence the ref well - par for the course of being shit I think. I fundamentally disagree with giving the ref shit though. Respect the oxf*rd officials or get sent off.

Don't accept Moore's reaction is the right response, accept that's not what you said.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2019 17:22

Cheers Ian

Think there’s a thin line between being aggressive to the ref and allowing the oppo to pressure him in their direction

But yes, don’t advocate the screaming in the refs face. Just occasionally being a little more persuasive

136 posts