BFTG Forest Home

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Forest Home

by Denver Royal » 14 Jan 2019 17:39

leon
Denver Royal
Platypuss He was involved in other good moves as well as the assist, but unfortunately invariably made the wrong decision or executed it poorly.
Straight off the top of my head there was:

First half - his shot from outside the box in a central position which the goalie made a meal of by palming round the post (was probably expecting it to be hit much harder).
Second half - the chance when put through by Swift which should have been a 1 on 1 but he made a 1 on 3 by dithering.

Yep, agreed, and so the narrative that..."other than the goal assist he didn't do anything" is clearly wrong. Other things may not always have come off for him, but he was still 'a threat and was menacing'. I've seen other players graded highly for being just that...and without accomplishing anything.

The assist was huge, too. We needed to win. We needed to score first. It wasn't like he dribbled past 6 men, but he made the right run, and delivered the right cross. It was massive in the context of what it meant to us at the time.

He's also starting to show more positional awareness defensively. Not pulling up any trees yet, but there are a few signs of improvement. Gomes yelled at him a few times re. same, and he responded. Overall, still want to see more improvement, but in general he's been better under Gomes, imo.

He had one shot that was saved and wasted another decent opportunity does not equal being a constant threat throughout.

I never said he was 'a constant threat throughout'.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2019 17:43

No one played badly on Saturday and that includes Barrow. His work ethic was better. He tracked back and defended and put in one or two decent tackles. His pass to Swift was perfectly timed for the first goal. As Plats has said he had a decent enough effort at goal which the Forest keeper limply pushed away for a corner.

He did chose some wrong options in the final third in the second but overall he did his bit.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2019 09:33

Zip No one played badly on Saturday and that includes Barrow. His work ethic was better. He tracked back and defended and put in one or two decent tackles. His pass to Swift was perfectly timed for the first goal. As Plats has said he had a decent enough effort at goal which the Forest keeper limply pushed away for a corner.

He did chose some wrong options in the final third in the second but overall he did his bit.

Agreed on the defensive side of Barrow. Made one excellent tackle in the first half in the NW corner to break up an attack.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2019 11:26

Hendo
Zip No one played badly on Saturday and that includes Barrow. His work ethic was better. He tracked back and defended and put in one or two decent tackles. His pass to Swift was perfectly timed for the first goal. As Plats has said he had a decent enough effort at goal which the Forest keeper limply pushed away for a corner.

Agreed on the defensive side of Barrow. Made one excellent tackle in the first half in the NW corner to break up an attack.

which got a good cheer, if I remember

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Jan 2019 12:40

Snowball
Hendo

followed by us looking at each other going "Was that Barrow? What has just happened?"

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2019 12:49

muirinho
Snowball
Hendo

followed by us looking at each other going "Was that Barrow? What has just happened?"

true

at least it was a real cheer and not ironic

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Jan 2019 23:43

Snowball
muirinho
Snowball

true

at least it was a real cheer and not ironic

Agreed

This happened