Re: BFTG Forest Home

by Hound » 12 Jan 2019 20:49

Like the post match comments from Gomes - honest and sensible

Interesting what he said about Meite - been many of our guess at the situation

ROWY

by ROWY » 12 Jan 2019 20:51

Top result
I am sure Moore was spat at during the handbags, probably why he went into meltdown
Swift mom, closely followed by rino

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jan 2019 20:52

Hound Like the post match comments from Gomes - honest and sensible

What did he say??

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jan 2019 20:53

John Madejski's Wallet
Hound Like the post match comments from Gomes - honest and sensible

What did he say??

Basically, he's been injured the last three months with a "twisted ankle" and won't come back until he's fully ready

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 12 Jan 2019 21:20

Royalty Creeps in...... We've got our Reading back! Passion, movement and a purpose in our play. What a change in a short space of time. Mr Gomes, I salut you.....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2019 21:26

percy_freeman Royalty Creeps in...... We've got our Reading back! Passion, movement and a purpose in our play. What a change in a short space of time. Mr Gomes, I salut you.....

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 12 Jan 2019 21:35

I don't think so but hey, this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2019 21:47

LWJ
Zip Best referee of the season. .

Really? :shock:

Yep he played advantage where he could unlike a lot of refs and got the big calls right.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2019 21:48

percy_freeman I don't think so but hey, this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions.

You don’t think “we’ve got our reading back” is just a tad getting ahead of yourself, after one win?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Jan 2019 21:56

Just watched the highlights and Murphy should have seen red for that tackle - the 2nd sending off was another really bad challenge.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Jan 2019 22:07

CountryRoyal
percy_freeman I don't think so but hey, this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions.

You don’t think “we’ve got our reading back” is just a tad getting ahead of yourself, after one win?

Far from perfect. With much to work on. However shows that with a fully fit squad to select from. We can match other mid table teams. If the committment is there for the full 90 minutes.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Jan 2019 22:08

Loved everything about that game today, we finally appear to have a game plan! Eljaria impressed me.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Jan 2019 23:10

Zip
LWJ
Zip Best referee of the season. .

Really? :shock:

Yep he played advantage where he could unlike a lot of refs and got the big calls right.

He got 2 key decisions wrong, and a number of minor ones as well. For both sides.

I’m not sure what standard you are used to but that was a poor performance from the ref and he will be rightly marked down in his post match assessment by his observer.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Jan 2019 23:19

Thought the ref was ok to be fair. Took time to evaluate the melee and booked/sent off the right people.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2019 23:19

LWJ
Zip
LWJ Really? :shock:

He got 2 key decisions wrong, and a number of minor ones as well. For both sides.

I’m not sure what standard you are used to but that was a poor performance from the ref and he will be rightly marked down in his post match assessment by his observer.

I disagree. Both sending offs were justified. You talk as if it’s a fact that he will be marked down when you have no idea if this will happen.

JR

by JR » 12 Jan 2019 23:25

Sutekh Great 3 points. Launched at Forest right from the off and that I think is what won it as they didn’t seem to be expecting it and they just couldn’t settle into their own game. And the great news on that is that that is what Gomes wants. A high press and tempo to make sure the ball quickly gets back under the team’s control but combined with the slick quick passing that Stam was trying to get to. Certainly suits me after 2 years of the utter dross of patient slow not get anywhere fast football.

Think everyone played really well and looked thoroughly bought in to “project Gomes”. The new loans looked useful. Ejaria can pass, run and tackle rather than just one of the three which means we now have him and Rinomhota more than capable in that department. That said though, I did feel Ejaria faded a little as the second half wore on and was correctly substituted.

Baker looked calm, assured and can pick a pass after he came on but that was against 10 and then 9 so I guess that he should have done. He might be an upgrade for Bacuna if he can deliver that regularly but it’s too early to say.

Swift looked back to his best and Ilori was the other stand out player. I really do not think we should be offloading Ilori with Gomes trying to instil his philosophy into things.

Actually looking forward to the next game for the first time in 2 years. Let’s hope that will last but away to Derby is going to be the toughest game yet for Gomes.

Spot on with all of this

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 12 Jan 2019 23:28

percy_freeman Royalty Creeps in...... We've got our Reading back! Passion, movement and a purpose in our play. What a change in a short space of time. Mr Gomes, I salut you.....

I remember people saying that after Clements first win against QPR.

It’s early days but I am warming to the new manager. Not getting carried away as we still have a long way to go to avoid the drop. But a few more performances like today and I may start to believe it’s possible :D

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Jan 2019 23:30

Zip
LWJ
Zip

I disagree. Both sending offs were justified. You talk as if it’s a fact that he will be marked down when you have no idea if this will happen.

Qualified ref, so know a bit more than most.... he will have to answer why he gave a foul or no foul for every decision. Any KMI’s he missed mean he can’t score over average, too many marks below average and he will be moved to lesser games.

His management of the Murphy challenge meant he had to book 5 players and send one off. It’s a challenge you could see coming from a mile off and the aftermath was preventable

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Jan 2019 00:08

LWJ
Zip
LWJ He got 2 key decisions wrong, and a number of minor ones as well. For both sides.

Qualified ref, so know a bit more than most.... he will have to answer why he gave a foul or no foul for every decision. Any KMI’s he missed mean he can’t score over average, too many marks below average and he will be moved to lesser games.

His management of the Murphy challenge meant he had to book 5 players and send one off. It’s a challenge you could see coming from a mile off and the aftermath was preventable

Forest imploded. That’s not the ref’s fault. He warned them. At one stage he called Fox over and made clear that Colback was on the brink of being sent off. Colback was already on a yellow and then got in the ref’s face. Sensible refereeing. No one is complaining about the sendings off and both Forest players apologised to their team mates. He made the right calls. He won’t be marked down imo.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 13 Jan 2019 00:10

JR
Sutekh Great 3 points. Launched at Forest right from the off and that I think is what won it as they didn’t seem to be expecting it and they just couldn’t settle into their own game. And the great news on that is that that is what Gomes wants. A high press and tempo to make sure the ball quickly gets back under the team’s control but combined with the slick quick passing that Stam was trying to get to. Certainly suits me after 2 years of the utter dross of patient slow not get anywhere fast football.

Think everyone played really well and looked thoroughly bought in to “project Gomes”. The new loans looked useful. Ejaria can pass, run and tackle rather than just one of the three which means we now have him and Rinomhota more than capable in that department. That said though, I did feel Ejaria faded a little as the second half wore on and was correctly substituted.

Baker looked calm, assured and can pick a pass after he came on but that was against 10 and then 9 so I guess that he should have done. He might be an upgrade for Bacuna if he can deliver that regularly but it’s too early to say.

Swift looked back to his best and Ilori was the other stand out player. I really do not think we should be offloading Ilori with Gomes trying to instil his philosophy into things.

Actually looking forward to the next game for the first time in 2 years. Let’s hope that will last but away to Derby is going to be the toughest game yet for Gomes.

Spot on with all of this

I agree