BFTG Forest Home

If you still hate Futcher

Re: BFTG Forest Home

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Jan 2019 18:22

LWJ
Zip
LWJ Qualified ref, so know a bit more than most.... he will have to answer why he gave a foul or no foul for every decision. Any KMI’s he missed mean he can’t score over average, too many marks below average and he will be moved to lesser games.

His management of the Murphy challenge meant he had to book 5 players and send one off. It’s a challenge you could see coming from a mile off and the aftermath was preventable

Forest imploded. That’s not the ref’s fault. He warned them. At one stage he called Fox over and made clear that Colback was on the brink of being sent off. Colback was already on a yellow and then got in the ref’s face. Sensible refereeing. No one is complaining about the sendings off and both Forest players apologised to their team mates. He made the right calls. He won’t be marked down imo.

He missed one definite straight red(Murphy), and a potential other one (Fox). There would be no brawl if he is in there quickly with a red. He wasn’t. There is absolutely no reason he needed to give 5 cards out, except his lack of control. He managed it poorly and then got the decision wrong.
I’m not basing this off guess work, I’m basing this off knowing exactly how he should have managed it.

As he was walking over he was reaching for his hip pocket and I was sure he was about to show Murphy a straight red. Then the scuffle breaks out and he bottles it, probably because he knows he's got to send Fox off. If he'd just got the red card out straight away it would have prevented the unnecessary aftermath.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Jan 2019 19:59

LWJ
Zip
Forest imploded. That’s not the ref’s fault. He warned them. At one stage he called Fox over and made clear that Colback was on the brink of being sent off. Colback was already on a yellow and then got in the ref’s face. Sensible refereeing. No one is complaining about the sendings off and both Forest players apologised to their team mates. He made the right calls. He won’t be marked down imo.

He missed one definite straight red(Murphy), and a potential other one (Fox). There would be no brawl if he is in there quickly with a red. He wasn’t. There is absolutely no reason he needed to give 5 cards out, except his lack of control. He managed it poorly and then got the decision wrong.
I’m not basing this off guess work, I’m basing this off knowing exactly how he should have managed it.

As he was walking over he was reaching for his hip pocket and I was sure he was about to show Murphy a straight red. Then the scuffle breaks out and he bottles it, probably because he knows he's got to send Fox off. If he'd just got the red card out straight away it would have prevented the unnecessary aftermath.

I felt exactly the same. The speed with which he went to his pocket usually suggests a straight red

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Jan 2019 20:13

Many thanks to all contributors. Have to admit to being deadly nervous throughout the game, especially after our first goal! But seems we played with a degree of confidence and freedom that has been lacking for many months. Dare I dream of a great escape? Surely if we can beat Bolton away and then better Rotherham's results from here on in we will be safe?

The reports of the two loanees is particularly promising given the negativity from Leeds, Sunderland and Rangers fans following their release from previous loaned clubs.

Mr Gomes does speak very eloquently, and dare I say it diplomatically with a touch of passion, and seems to be really winning over the players, not to say a number of fans. Long may that continue. ("Mr Gomes" rather than the "Iranian spiv's mate" is a sure sign that subconsciously at least I am taking to him slightly myself :oops: ). You never know, if health permits, I may even shell out a few quid and get along to another match this season - although that generally coincides with a home defeat so perhaps best if I stayed away!

Can't wait for the next game - and when was the last time I can honestly say that?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2019 20:26

phew, breathe in everybody......a happy Strap :shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 21:55

AthleticoSpizz phew, breathe in everybody......a happy Strap :shock:

Well quite.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2019 22:15

leon

Well quite.

I give it 2 weeks....max

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Jan 2019 22:27

Hound
leon

Well quite.

I give it 2 weeks....max

I just wonder whether strap still considers our new manager to be a “nonce”.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2019 23:48

Barrow - absolutely terrorised them. Wtf on right wing? Gomes spot on there!

Richards - only mentioning him because the stick I’ve given him. He did good.

Gomes - whatever he’s saying ir doing is working

Cards - a shame really because we’d have won without.

The team - tenacity spirit AND flair all evident. We walked all over them for 85mins. Speechless.

JOSE GOMES’ BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Jan 2019 02:02

Zip We looked much more balanced today. There was a better shape to the team. We still overplay but overall it was much better as we pressed Forest and won far more 50/50 challenges than we usually do. Given the talent in this squad we are in a ridiculous position.

Couldn't agree more.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jan 2019 08:58

3points
LWJ He missed one definite straight red(Murphy), and a potential other one (Fox). There would be no brawl if he is in there quickly with a red. He wasn’t. There is absolutely no reason he needed to give 5 cards out, except his lack of control. He managed it poorly and then got the decision wrong.

I felt exactly the same. The speed with which he went to his pocket usually suggests a straight red

Watching on iFollow whilst he gets over quite quick - just as the brawl kicks off, he clearly has a yellow in his hand so was just going to book Murphy - which he proceeded to do once things had calmed down. Wrong decision but consistant with his calls throughout the game, Fox should have gone after about 7 mins for a challenge that was worse than the one Blackett was rightly sent off for at Millwall.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2019 09:19

2 world wars, 1 world cup Barrow - absolutely terrorised them. Wtf on right wing? Gomes spot on there!

Are you for real?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Jan 2019 10:33

Old Man Andrews
2 world wars, 1 world cup Barrow - absolutely terrorised them. Wtf on right wing? Gomes spot on there!

Are you for real?

Thought Barrow did very little. Probably our worst player.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Jan 2019 10:33

Woodcote Royal
Zip We looked much more balanced today. There was a better shape to the team. We still overplay but overall it was much better as we pressed Forest and won far more 50/50 challenges than we usually do. Given the talent in this squad we are in a ridiculous position.

Couldn't agree more.

But for that at-the-death Rotherham equaliser

21 27 -11 25 Reading
-----------------------------------------
22 27 -18 24 Rotherham
23 27 -22 22 Bolton
24 27 -24 18 Ipswich

Then there's penalty gate at Blackburn. Really should have won that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2019 10:35

leon
Old Man Andrews

Are you for real?

Well he set up the goal but he had so much time and space to do it. After that I don't remember him touching the ball.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jan 2019 10:38

2 world wars, 1 world cup The team - tenacity spirit AND flair all evident. We walked all over them for 85mins. Speechless.

Reminds me of the most Nigel Adkins comment ever. Apparently he was once asked what the biggest room in his house was, to which he replied; “The room for improvement”.

God he really was a twat. :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2019 10:47

CountryRoyal
2 world wars, 1 world cup The team - tenacity spirit AND flair all evident. We walked all over them for 85mins. Speechless.

Reminds me of the most Nigel Adkins comment ever. Apparently he was once asked what the biggest room in his house was, to which he replied; “The room for improvement”.

Amazing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2019 11:03

CountryRoyal

:lol:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 14 Jan 2019 11:43

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal

Amazing.

I may be stealing that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2019 12:23

leon
Old Man Andrews

Are you for real?

Apart from the brilliant run and assist for the goal we scored, he was a constant threat, balls put through to him using his pace. He was a constant menace.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2019 12:25

CountryRoyal

Haha.

TSF was a Parj saying and when it comes to twats he outdid even McGhee.