CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

133 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

by Brum Royal » 25 Jan 2019 13:38

Reading have signed USA international Matt Miazga on loan from Chelsea for the rest of the season.

The 23-year-old former New York Red Bulls defender becomes the fifth loan signing of the January transfer window after the arrivals of Ovie Ejaria, Lewis Baker, Nelson Oliveira and Emiliano Martinez.

Miazga completed his medical at Hogwood on Friday morning and could make his debut in Tuesday night's clash at Bolton Wanderers.

Manager José Gomes said: "Matt is a skilful, committed and commanding presence at the centre of defence and I am very pleased we have been able to welcome him into our family.

"I am now looking forward to working with him on the training pitch for the first time."

Old Man Andrews

Re: CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jan 2019 13:40

This one is a bit meh for me. Still I will of course give him every chance and hope it works out for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2019 13:51

Decent signing if Ilori is on his way

Looks quite big and dominant. Should partner Moore well hopefully

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jan 2019 13:52

Hound Decent signing if Ilori is on his way

Looks quite big and dominant. Should partner Moore well hopefully

He's definitely as casual as Ilori so pretty like for like.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 13:57

I’m always impressed that people are able to give such detailed opinions on the playing style and mentality of players that they had’t even heard of just minutes ago !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jan 2019 13:59

Nameless I’m always impressed that people are able to give such detailed opinions on the playing style and mentality of players that they had’t even heard of just minutes ago !

Seen him play a few times thanks. You might just only watch Reading matches but I like to broaden my horizons slightly. Try it. Also nobody gave detailed opinions.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 14:04

Old Man Andrews
Nameless I’m always impressed that people are able to give such detailed opinions on the playing style and mentality of players that they had’t even heard of just minutes ago !

Seen him play a few times thanks. You might just only watch Reading matches but I like to broaden my horizons slightly. Try it. Also nobody gave detailed opinions.

I said I was impressed and you come back all defensive....

Chill out, you weren’t even mentioned (has Carly Simon written a song about you ever ?)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jan 2019 14:07

Nameless
Old Man Andrews

Chill out, you weren’t even mentioned (has Carly Simon written a song about you ever ?)

You were implying that nobody has heard of him, not sure that is true. A lot of us would have seen him play for USA against England last year. Seen him once for Nantes this season too. Big imposing player, worry if he has the fight in him for a relegation scrap.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Jan 2019 14:11

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 14:11

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews

You were implying that nobody has heard of him, not sure that is true. A lot of us would have seen him play for USA against England last year. Seen him once for Nantes this season too. Big imposing player, worry if he has the fight in him for a relegation scrap.

You have taken a general comment and wrongly made it very specific (and personal).

Why do you worry if he has the fight for a scrap ? What about his performance against England and for Nantes raised this concern about his temperament ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jan 2019 14:15

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

You have taken a general comment and wrongly made it very specific (and personal).

Why do you worry if he has the fight for a scrap ? What about his performance against England and for Nantes raised this concern about his temperament ?

What is personal in anything I said? If anything you are making the judgement call that none of us have seen him play so can't have an opinion.

Watch the matches, he didn't have a great time of it. Shoved into the Nantes reserve game after 8 matches too.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 14:21

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews

What is personal in anything I said? If anything you are making the judgement call that none of us have seen him play so can't have an opinion.

Watch the matches, he didn't have a great time of it. Shoved into the Nantes reserve game after 8 matches too.

1. I haven’t suggested you have said anything personal. Odd comment for you to make.
2. I haven’t said no one can have an opinion. Simply commented that Impressed at how people DO have an opinion on any player, however off the radar they might be. I’m not ALWAYS convinced they haven’t just done a quick Google though !
3. Got better things to do then trawl through hours of French football. I’ll let you do that and report back your findings.

Not sure there is much point this carrying on, better concentrating on talking about actual football than your misunderstanding of posts....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jan 2019 14:24

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

1. I haven’t suggested you have said anything personal. Odd comment for you to make.
2. I haven’t said no one can have an opinion. Simply commented that Impressed at how people DO have an opinion on any player, however off the radar they might be. I’m not ALWAYS convinced they haven’t just done a quick Google though !
3. Got better things to do then trawl through hours of French football. I’ll let you do that and report back your findings.

Not sure there is much point this carrying on, better concentrating on talking about actual football than your misunderstanding of posts....

1. You have literally just said my comment was very specific and personal.

2. You should give people a bit more credit than that

3. French Ligue 1 football is on BT Sport every weekend, its easy to find and watch a game.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Jan 2019 14:27

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews

3. French Ligue 1 football is on BT Sport every weekend, its easy to find and watch a game.

Full Church do for you two or just a Vegas style Elvis wedding?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 14:33

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews

No, you INTERPRETED it as being made personally about you. It was a GENERAL comment.

Not really, I know for a fact it is what some people do. Of course people sometimes genuinely know about obscure players but I suspect it’s more realistic to assume not unless someone has a bit of a track record.

3. French Ligue 1 football is on BT Sport every weekend, its easy to find and watch a game

It’s actually not easy to do. BT Sport is a subscription service. Plus I have no desire to spend my life watching endless European games in case we one day sign a player involved. Life has a lot more to offer....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 14:35

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

I’d give anyone about 3 months in a relationship with OMA. If he can tear himself away from 24/7 binging on Second rate European football on the tv

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Jan 2019 14:37

Nameless
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews

I’d give anyone about 3 months in a relationship with OMA. If he can tear himself away from 24/7 binging on Second rate European football on the tv

Very generous! :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Jan 2019 14:43

So, how long before Tiago's off to Lisbon now then?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 14:47

Sutekh So, how long before Tiago's off to Lisbon now then?

I’d imagine he’s stocking up on sun cream as we type !
Would be a big FFP boost to bring in £2 million cash and replace him with a short term loan

elrey

by elrey » 25 Jan 2019 14:52

So, new boss comes in, sees the team and goes.... we need 11 new players. Not doing too badly about it either.

133 posts