Rumour - Marc McNulty

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Rumour - Marc McNulty

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jan 2019 11:45

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Marc McNulty

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Jan 2019 12:49

WoodleyRoyal Latest club to be linked is Hibs https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/f ... r-15746524

Did we really pay £1.5 million for him?
With alll our deals being "undisclosed" it's only when other clubs make prices known that we get a better idea.
There is a goalscorer in there but regrettably not for us, for whatever reason.

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 29 Jan 2019 13:14

Victor Meldrew
WoodleyRoyal Latest club to be linked is Hibs https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/f ... r-15746524

With alll our deals being "undisclosed" it's only when other clubs make prices known that we get a better idea.

Feel sorry for him. Not really given a fair chance to prove himself. Will probably go on to be a huge success elsewhere........

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2019 13:15

Schmeichel the dog
Victor Meldrew

Feel sorry for him. Not really given a fair chance to prove himself. Will probably go on to be a huge success elsewhere........

No he won't.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2019 13:24

Schmeichel the dog
Victor Meldrew

Have to earn a chance - never showed he was better than Bodvarsson, Meite or Baldock and certainly the first 2 were scoring at times so keeping their place.

For me, he missed his chance in 2 games - WBA (a) we were excellent in the first half and he played well but missed a gilt edge chance - score than make it 2-0 and the game is different and he may have kicked on and Sheffield United - didn't perform after scoring in the Stoke game (though not many did) - he now simply doesn't suit the way we want to play so best to just say thanks and good luck.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 29 Jan 2019 13:25

Victor Meldrew

Never got to see what he was about. From what I can remember he only had a couple of chances to score. Took 1.
team was never really set up to play his game,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2019 14:12

Schmeichel the dog
Victor Meldrew

I quite liked him, but was concerned the minute I saw him. Quite small, bit chubby and not very fast. You have to be very very good to succeed at this level with his physique, and I don't think he is.

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 29 Jan 2019 14:58

Old Man Andrews
Schmeichel the dog
Victor Meldrew

No he won't.

But he might.........knowing our luck :roll: . Just making the point that forwards ideally need a good run of games to show what they're about. It was a step up for him so couldn't necessarily expect him to come in and hit the ground running first game, especially the way we were set up to play. Not sure any of our other forwards have set the world alight when they've played so thought he might have been given more of a go, that's all.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2019 15:00

Schmeichel the dog
Old Man Andrews
Schmeichel the dog

No he won't.

But he might.........knowing our luck :roll: . Just making the point that forwards ideally need a good run of games to show what they're about. It was a step up for him so couldn't necessarily expect him to come in and hit the ground running first game, especially the way we were set up to play. Not sure any of our other forwards have set the world alight when they've played so thought he might have been given more of a go, that's all.

I just think we should trust the coaching staff we have had at the club, they would see him every day and know is capabilites. If an 18 year old Danny Loader is getting in ahead of him then you have to question McNulty's ability imo.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2019 09:37

Loan to Hibs being mooted now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 09:42

Sutekh Loan to Hibs being mooted now.

Got a feeling he'd bang a few in up there.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 31 Jan 2019 11:13

A shame this as he could be quite decent alongside Nelson

Would much rather keep McNulty and get rid of Baldock

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2019 11:17

18 month loan apparently

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2019 14:51

That was £1.5m well spent. Why did Mr Clement actually buy Mr McNulty? He couldn't even get a game when Mr Clement was here. Still, at least he fitted in well with the nearly all the other signings Mr Clement made.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Feb 2019 15:27

Sutekh That was £1.5m well spent. Why did Mr Clement actually buy Mr McNulty? He couldn't even get a game when Mr Clement was here. Still, at least he fitted in well with the nearly all the other signings Mr Clement made.

Desperation with the budget available. Reading cannot compete any longer. Remember Meite was an unknown quantity. Bod is an injury waiting to happen. We had little firepower.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Feb 2019 18:33

Sutekh That was £1.5m well spent. Why did Mr Clement actually buy Mr McNulty? He couldn't even get a game when Mr Clement was here. Still, at least he fitted in well with the nearly all the other signings Mr Clement made.

We made some truly awful summer signings. I said it at the time and it's not comfort to be proven right.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Feb 2019 18:41

Elm Park Kid

We made some truly awful summer signings. I said it at the time and it's no comfort to be proven right.

I'm guessing you were given some grief at the time, too. Has anyone given you props yet Kid? If not, allow me to be the first. Good call. :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Feb 2019 19:28

Denver Royal
Elm Park Kid

We made some truly awful summer signings. I said it at the time and it's no comfort to be proven right.

I'm guessing you were given some grief at the time, too. Has anyone given you props yet Kid? If not, allow me to be the first. Good call. :wink:

No one has said well done to me for bemoaning most of our signings, particularly Meyler.

Can I get one? Haven’t had the best day might cheer me up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2019 19:40

CountryRoyal
Denver Royal
Elm Park Kid

No one has said well done to me for bemoaning most of our signings, particularly Meyler.

Well played mate. You've always been a good poster and are often right. Tomorrow brings another day, and you never know, maybe even that rarest of creatures, a Reading win. :D

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Feb 2019 19:41

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Denver Royal I'm guessing you were given some grief at the time, too. Has anyone given you props yet Kid? If not, allow me to be the first. Good call. :wink:

Well played mate. You've always been a good poster and are often right.

+1 :wink: