The League of 4

540 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The League of 4

by Denver Royal » 05 Mar 2019 17:41

Nameless When was the last time a league club failed to fulfil their fixtures ?
Maidstone were the last club to fold but they hadn’t played any league games when they went bust.

Aldershot resigned from league mid-season in early 90's, having played 36 games (Div 4, record expunged)
Leeds City, forcibly expelled and wound-up by FA mid-season circa 1920 (they were immediately replaced by Port Vale who assumed their record and fixtures).

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Mar 2019 18:43

Denver Royal
Maidstone were the last club to fold but they hadn’t played any league games when they went bust.

Leeds City, forcibly expelled and wound-up by FA mid-season circa 1920 (they were immediately replaced by Port Vale who assumed their record and fixtures).

This seems like the most sensible option. Port Vale currently hovering just above the League Two relegation zone, so would presumably be up for it.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 Mar 2019 18:45

Hound
linkenholtroyal
Stranded
Announcement due at 2pm apparently.

No season ticket money has apparently been taken for fans paying in installments, seems a weird thing for a club that needs the money to do.

I wonder what punishment they would receive if they are unable to host the game.

It is an interesting one. because I assume if the game is cancelled it cant be rearranged so therefore they forfeit there season. but also does that mean all points gained upto this point are removed from the teams they have played or do they just give 3 points to each team they have not played. Who knows.

I think the precedent would be they would scrub off all their results through the season. Selfishly would benefit us a little as someone highlighted as in all honesty, the likes of Millwall would have a decent chance of 3 points against them. We'd only lose the 1 point.

Looking back at other Bolton results I think all the other teams round us would lose 1 aswell so nothing would change.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 Mar 2019 18:55

We also forget that brum still could get a 15 point defuction, current standings would put them on 35 points suddenly a league of 7.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 05 Mar 2019 19:33

Pepe the Horseman
Denver Royal

This seems like the most sensible option. Port Vale currently hovering just above the League Two relegation zone, so would presumably be up for it.

linkenholtroyal We also forget that brum still could get a 15 point defuction, current standings would put them on 35 points suddenly a league of 7.

I would just like to add at this juncture that whatever our means of survival, I think it will have been entirely due to, and because of, one Jose Gomes :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2019 21:02

Getting a bit sick of all the false sentiment on social media for Bolton. You think anyone would give a toss if we were in that boat? Nope.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Mar 2019 21:04

Old Man Andrews Getting a bit sick of all the false sentiment on social media for Bolton. You think anyone would give a toss if we were in that boat? Nope.

Yep but we’re a plastic club with no history, comparable to MK. Bolton are one of the original members

Tbh it’s always sad to see some tw@ chairman rip a club to pieces. Don’t care who it is. There’s fcuk all else to do in Bolton either

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2019 21:07

Hound
Old Man Andrews Getting a bit sick of all the false sentiment on social media for Bolton. You think anyone would give a toss if we were in that boat? Nope.

Yep but we’re a plastic club with no history, comparable to MK. Bolton are one of the original members

Tbh it’s always sad to see some tw@ chairman rip a club to pieces. Don’t care who it is. There’s fcuk all else to do in Bolton either

Don't get me wrong I don't want them going out of business or anything it's just people insisting that they should be bailed out by all the other clubs etc who are pissing me off. We owe them nothing, neither do the Premier League sides.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 05 Mar 2019 21:18

Bloody Derby after January!!! :twisted: :twisted:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Mar 2019 22:31

Certainly looking like a league of 6 now, especially if we win Saturday.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 05 Mar 2019 23:59

If we can win on Saturday against Wigan and results go our way then we would only be 5 points adrift of QPR in 18th place and the bottom half would really be anybodies.
How many times have the bottom teams battled it out and gone on a decent runs of points and suddenly a team whom everyone thought was safe end up going down at the death. This may well not be the case but QPR were on a terrible run a few weeks back and even Blackburn on 44pts are currently having a shocker!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2019 10:17

linkenholtroyal We also forget that brum still could get a 15 point defuction, current standings would put them on 35 points suddenly a league of 7.

And suddenly, of course, Birmingham's form would turn to relegation form.

As regards Bolton, they won't be wound up and will see out the season. Mind you if they did Reading could possibly benefit more than most around them, when Bolton's record was expunged, having managed to lose at home to them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Mar 2019 10:21

Brum have had the supposed deduction hanging over them since, what, November? They are getting any points deducted this season.

If they do get punished in that way, I fully expect the announcement to come after the cut off for dedutions to take effect this year and for them to start on -15 next.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Mar 2019 10:22

Sutekh

As regards Bolton, they won't be wound up and will see out the season. Mind you if they did Reading could possibly benefit more than most around them, when Bolton's record was expunged, having managed to lose at home to them.

I think it was mentioned elsewhere that most of the clubs around us have only managed to take 1 point from Bolton as well, although they may have only played 1 game against them.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Mar 2019 10:40

Duffy (Kes), any further posts outside AE and you'll be banned.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2019 10:44

Platypuss Duffy (Kes), any further posts outside AE and you'll be banned.

Don't inflict him on AE!?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Mar 2019 10:49

Hendo
Sutekh

I think it was mentioned elsewhere that most of the clubs around us have only managed to take 1 point from Bolton as well, although they may have only played 1 game against them.

I can't believe so many people seem to be ignoring the seconds of work I put in researching this

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Mar 2019 10:49

Giving some chance to stop being the same old tiresome self.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2019 10:52

Silver Fox
Hendo
Sutekh

I can't believe so many people seem to be ignoring the seconds of work I put in researching this

Yep, but the fact that a lot of teams have still to play them is very significant. We'd only lose 1 point, but it'd be from 2 games rather than 1. Reality is Millwall etc will prob get more points of them, we no longer have that opportunity

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Mar 2019 10:54

Silver Fox
Hendo
Sutekh

They just don't appreciate you like I do SF.

540 posts