The League of 4

540 posts
Worthingroyal

Re: The League of 4

by Worthingroyal » 31 Mar 2019 10:22

Did my own honest run in Where i think we will W2 D2 L3. Winning against Brentford and Birmingham. Drawing with Hull and Middlesboro. Losing to Norwich (obvs) Bristol and WBA. And being honest with the teams around us fixture wise and came up with.

pts
18th Birmingham 49
19th RFC 48
20th Millwall 45
21st Rotherham 45
===================
22nd Wigan 43
23rd Bolton 40
24th Ipswich 27

Feel free to tear it to pieces

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 31 Mar 2019 10:36

Hound Yes. Still need 2 wins and tough games to come. Sure the players won’t be getting complacent

In saying that Hull and Brentford are two big opportunities to seal safety

Up to this point (where Rotherham have two home games and we have two away games) I wanted to be 4 or more points clear as we've definitely had a nicer recent run of games than them. The fact that Millwall are struggling to win a game is a bonus. The way I see it is that we have to finish worse than three poor teams. Thats quite improbable, unless we completely lose our heads. Im not saying that means we can be complacent, but counting back what we need can often lead to an overestimate of whats required, especially as there are 3 teams between us and 22nd now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Mar 2019 11:33

Yes I certainly expect us to be ok. I’d expect to be all but safe in 3 games time. If not i’ll be a little concerned

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 31 Mar 2019 13:54

Dr_Hfuhruhurr , especially as there are 3 teams between us and 22nd now.

Lolwut

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Mar 2019 14:02

LUX
Dr_Hfuhruhurr , especially as there are 3 teams between us and 22nd now.

Lolwut

Three teams are between us finishing 22nd. As in three teams have to overtake us.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Apr 2019 09:19

Rotherham's confidence would have taken a battering on Saturday - to lose 6-1 to a team who had been out of form is not a good look.

Forest and Villa at home for them next - would suggest they need to win 1 of them and if Bolton beat Ipswich - Rotherham will be worried about them going past them to (depending on what happens this week with them).

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Apr 2019 09:42

I think the scoreline flattered Derby, Rotherham actually looked ok and unlucky not to be leading before Derby got a dodgy pen.

I can see them better our results on the the run in but not by 4 points.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Apr 2019 09:52

since the window closed we are 10th in the form table
7th on last 6 games.

I'm starting to feel ever so slightly less nervous

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Apr 2019 10:21

Let's not also forget QPR.

They are on a wretched run of form that has seen 1 win and 2 draws from their last 10 league games

They next go to Norwich then a visit to Millwall so they will be getting very anxious about the possibility of relegation and therefore getting above them will certainly mean safety.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Apr 2019 10:24

yes Millwall v QPR is a dilemma. Who do we want to win? As things stand, I'd say QPR (but that result will probably keep them up).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Apr 2019 10:36

Sutekh Let's not also forget QPR.

They are on a wretched run of form that has seen 1 win and 2 draws from their last 10 league games

They next go to Norwich then a visit to Millwall so they will be getting very anxious about the possibility of relegation and therefore getting above them will certainly mean safety.

I'd quite like to know how Steve McLaren still has a job in football at the moment. They are in grave danger.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Apr 2019 10:39

LUX yes Millwall v QPR is a dilemma. Who do we want to win? As things stand, I'd say QPR (but that result will probably keep them up).

Depends on this weekend I think - if we can better Millwalls result on Saturday (V WBA (H) ) then I would be happy with a Millwall win there to keep QPR in it.

QPR's run in is pretty tame on paper but given they have lost their last 2 home games V Rotherham and Bolton so who knows how many points they'll end up with - that Leeds win looks massive now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Apr 2019 10:40

John Smith

I'd quite like to know how Steve McLaren still has a job in football at the moment. They are in grave danger.

He isn't now apparently.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Apr 2019 10:45

John Smith

they "should" be ok, on the basis that people are saying we only need two more wins. They are four points ahead of us. If they lose at Millwall, I agree, that could spell danger.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Apr 2019 11:32

Stranded
John Smith

He isn't now apparently.

Hah what about that for timing. Possibly the biggest fraud in world football. I wonder who they will get next

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2019 11:40

I never knew why they sacked Holloway. I thought he did a good job there last year

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2019 13:45

Hound I never knew why they sacked Holloway. I thought he did a good job there last year

Probably spoke truth to power along the lines of:

Power: We want promotion
IH: LOL not with this squad
Power: Thank you and goodbye
Power: Steve, we want promotion, the last manager didn't think it was possible
SM: Oh yesh, no problemsh. ..
. Whatsh The schquad like?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2019 13:49

not a lot of sympathy from Holloway:

Ollie was sacked last May with McClaren succeeding him at Loftus Road, and he slammed his successor for allegedly talking to Amit Bhatia, the club’s chairman, behind his back, and questioned why principles he was told to adhere to are not being followed through.

“He took my job,” Holloway told talkSPORT. “I still had another year left at the club. I’m still being paid by them now.

“He was talking to the chairman while I was in the job, saying what he’d do. He hasn’t been able to do that.

“What goes around comes around. Where the hell are the young lads I was told to bring through? [Ebere] Eze isn’t playing, what about [Ryan] Manning? They’re not playing.

“I was told to promote the youth and bring people in who cared about the club, it’s not happening.

“Would I go back? It depends who calls me, Les [Ferdinand, director of football] didn’t want me to go.”

“He had my babies and took my kids,” he continued. “It means the world to me.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Apr 2019 14:12

Hound Holloway:

“He had my babies and took my kids,” he continued. “It means the world to me.

Blimey!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Apr 2019 14:14

Lol

540 posts