The League of 4

540 posts
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The League of 4

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 04 Mar 2019 15:43

Victor Meldrew We are reading posts in various topics every day of the battle between Reading and Rotherham because where we are at this season is about the same.

I have just checked on two seasons ago when both in this division and we finished 62 (yes 62) points ahead of them and yet here we are going head-to-head.
My, how we have fallen and how depressing it all is.

Mate at work is a Leeds fan and we constantly chat about the Head to Head with 'Fxxxing Rotherham'. There is nothing to be proud of there - thats not a fun season of football. He's an eternal pessimist and we've become convinced that Norwich and Sheff Utd are going up with Derby in the POs

Anyway, liked Stranded's stats. Thanks for that.
Also agree that at this time of year, you need disinterested teams in 14th place visiting your home fortress (LOL) on a Tuesday night.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Mar 2019 16:01

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Victor Meldrew We are reading posts in various topics every day of the battle between Reading and Rotherham because where we are at this season is about the same.

I have just checked on two seasons ago when both in this division and we finished 62 (yes 62) points ahead of them and yet here we are going head-to-head.

Mate at work is a Leeds fan and we constantly chat about the Head to Head with 'Fxxxing Rotherham'. There is nothing to be proud of there - thats not a fun season of football. He's an eternal pessimist and we've become convinced that Norwich and Sheff Utd are going up with Derby in the POs

Ha, my best mate's a Leeds fan (known him since we were 5) and he's the same: Passionate, but an eternal pessimist. He didn't believe me, but I told him pre-season I thought it was their year, and I stand by that. They are getting players back, and their run-in looks decent to me, although Sheff Utd H, and Brizzle A, won't be easy.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 04 Mar 2019 16:06

Denver Royal
Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Ha, my best mate's a Leeds fan (known him since we were 5) and he's the same: Passionate, but an eternal pessimist. He didn't believe me, but I told him pre-season I thought it was their year, and I stand by that. They are getting players back, and their run-in looks decent to me, although Sheff Utd H, and Brizzle A, won't be easy.

When they were getting late goals and winning games they could have drawn, I became convinced this was their year (along with Norwich who do the same thing). But Sheffield United have has some really eye catching results. Anyway, back to Reading. This is nearly more than a head to head now. Will be a lot more than that if we win our next game of course..........................

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Mar 2019 17:25

Word on the street is that Bolton are in dire straits and could be gone as a club in a matter of weeks.

If their results are removed from the table - where would that leave everyone including those above us? Would do us a favour I would guess because we only took the 1 point.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2019 17:48

Amazingly* none of our rivals have managed to beat Bolton this year! If their results were expunged (I'm sure the league wouldn't want this to happen) all of us, Rotherham, Ipswich, Millwall and Wigan would lose a point. Possibly of more importance Ipswich, Millwall and Wigan would all have one fewer game left this season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2019 17:49

paultheroyal Word on the street is that Bolton are in dire straits and could be gone as a club in a matter of weeks.

If their results are removed from the table - where would that leave everyone including those above us? Would do us a favour I would guess because we only took the 1 point.

No matter how bad it is, I find it impossible to believe the FL/FA would let them fail to complete the season and the utter chaos that would cause.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Mar 2019 18:00

Silver Fox Amazingly* none of our rivals have managed to beat Bolton this year! If their results were expunged (I'm sure the league wouldn't want this to happen) all of us, Rotherham, Ipswich, Millwall and Wigan would lose a point. Possibly of more importance Ipswich, Millwall and Wigan would all have one fewer game left this season

Ah, interesting, thank you.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Mar 2019 18:08

Millwall are one point ahead of us and right in the mix but Oddschecker have them at an incredibly generous 16/1 to go down.That is worth a punt. They have us at 3/2 to go down so not much better than evens. Bookies do check the League tables don’t they? How on earth do they have Millwall as entirely safe?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2019 18:17

Zip Millwall are one point ahead of us and right in the mix but Oddschecker have them at an incredibly generous 16/1 to go down.That is worth a punt. They have us at 3/2 to go down so not much better than evens. Bookies do check the League tables don’t they? How on earth do they have Millwall as entirely safe?

They probably just dont completely rewrite the odds off one set of results. And itll largely be changed by betting patterns as much as a thing.

If the money going on is trivial the odds dont really matter

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Mar 2019 18:18

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal Word on the street is that Bolton are in dire straits and could be gone as a club in a matter of weeks.

No matter how bad it is, I find it impossible to believe the FL/FA would let them fail to complete the season and the utter chaos that would cause.

It’s happened before I think. Was it Aldershot? Maybe my memory playing tricks

Apparently the takeover isn’t likely to happen. What an absolute disaster that Anderson bloke has been. Feel desperately sorry for their fans and players

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Mar 2019 18:30

Zip Millwall are one point ahead of us and right in the mix but Oddschecker have them at an incredibly generous 16/1 to go down.That is worth a punt. They have us at 3/2 to go down so not much better than evens. Bookies do check the League tables don’t they? How on earth do they have Millwall as entirely safe?

It's a mistake. If you check on Betfair they're actually 11/2. They're best price 6/1 with WillHill.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Mar 2019 18:35

Pepe the Horseman

It's a mistake. If you check on Betfair they're actually 11/2. They're best price 6/1 with WillHill.

Thought it looked too generous. Even so 11/2 doesn’t reflect the relegation battle they are in.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Mar 2019 18:36

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

Thought it looked too generous. Even so 11/2 doesn’t reflect the relegation battle they are in.

Yep, still a good price. And as mentioned on the other thread, Wigan at 25/1 could be worth a couple of quid.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Mar 2019 18:52

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
Pepe the Horseman It's a mistake. If you check on Betfair they're actually 11/2. They're best price 6/1 with WillHill.

Yep, still a good price. And as mentioned on the other thread, Wigan at 25/1 could be worth a couple of quid.

Yep crazy odds for Wigan. Lose to Derby and us and they are in the brown stuff.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Mar 2019 20:49

Snowflake Royal

They may not have a choice if the club is no longer a going concern.

Training ground closed today as there is no food and no power. Apparently the players pay for the food each month but as they haven't been paid, who knows.

All staff essentially told they won't get paid unless the club is sold. If players aren't paid in 14 days after due date, they can walk.

Meeting tomorrow apparently that could see the stadium lose it's safety certificate due to a number of reasons incl. non-payment of matchday staff, who may withhold their services this weekend.

Then there is the small matter of the winding up order being heard in 2 weeks time I think.

Clubs have been in a bad way and saved before, this seems particularly bad.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Mar 2019 21:58

I know it's off topic - but it's a bit depressing watching the Sheffield derby to see Norwood and Hector considered the two best players on the pitch. Not to mention Billy Sharp . . .

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Mar 2019 23:03

Elm Park Kid I know it's off topic - but it's a bit depressing watching the Sheffield derby to see Norwood and Hector considered the two best players on the pitch. Not to mention Billy Sharp . . .

I don't think we gave Norwood enough protection in midfield, give him the space to pick his passes and he is insanely good at just pinging the ball around.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2019 23:25

Yep. Pairing him with Danny 'Head down and charge forwards' Williams wasnt a match made in heaven.

Would combine well with Swift. Or Rino.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Mar 2019 01:57

Elm Park Kid I know it's off topic - but it's a bit depressing watching the Sheffield derby to see Norwood and Hector considered the two best players on the pitch. Not to mention Billy Sharp . . .

Hector is woefully inconsistent, just a slightly better Ilori, good riddance. Sharp wasn't good enough for us and Norwood's been talked to death now

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Mar 2019 07:23

:roll:

540 posts