The League of 4

540 posts
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The League of 4

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 05 Mar 2019 08:43

URZZZZ
Elm Park Kid I know it's off topic - but it's a bit depressing watching the Sheffield derby to see Norwood and Hector considered the two best players on the pitch. Not to mention Billy Sharp . . .

Hector is woefully inconsistent, just a slightly better Ilori, good riddance. Sharp wasn't good enough for us and Norwood's been talked to death now

Well Sharp was only ever here on loan. He's a decent enough player, but signing him is another game. It would have been good for us if Hector has stayed. Just the sort of cheap (ish) player with local connections that has some ability that we could have done with. Norwood is just one of a dozen midfielders we've had that didnt suit us. Im sure he's half decent, but he wasnt for us and probably never would have been

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Mar 2019 08:44

He’s not really wrong though is he? Hector’s stock has fallen and has arguably not consistently replicated his good form with us (and even that was inconsistent, again stood out in a poor team). Billy sharp was trash for us and if I see or hear about Oliver Pirlo Norwood again I’m gonna hack saw my ears off. :roll:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Mar 2019 09:17

The huge amount of money we got for Hector more than offsets any unquiet about losing him.
I think if he had stayed he would have done a good job for us but we got well over the odds for him.
I liked Norwood as a player but at the time his style was at odds with the rest of the team and the move was the best thing for both parties.

However I did see some of the Mersey derby and why on earth we let Gylfi go I still can’t understand....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2019 09:21

Nameless However I did see some of the Mersey derby and why on earth we let Gylfi go I still can’t understand....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Mar 2019 09:34

Old Man Andrews
Nameless However I did see some of the Mersey derby and why on earth we let Gylfi go I still can’t understand....

Yeah not sure if Nameless is taking the piss a bit here :shock:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2019 09:37

CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews

Yeah not sure if Nameless is taking the piss a bit here :shock:

I hope so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Mar 2019 09:45

Old Man Andrews

Come on OMA, a blatant pisstake

Know it’s still early but...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2019 09:50

Hound
Old Man Andrews

Come on OMA, a blatant pisstake

Know it’s still early but...

Well I thought so but then I saw who said it, I have actually seen them say worse.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Mar 2019 13:01

Bolton`s game with Millwall could be off, looking dire for them.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... y-in-doubt

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Mar 2019 13:22

windermereROYAL Bolton`s game with Millwall could be off, looking dire for them.

Announcement due at 2pm apparently.

No season ticket money has apparently been taken for fans paying in installments, seems a weird thing for a club that needs the money to do.

I wonder what punishment they would receive if they are unable to host the game.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 05 Mar 2019 14:09

Stranded
windermereROYAL Bolton`s game with Millwall could be off, looking dire for them.

No season ticket money has apparently been taken for fans paying in installments, seems a weird thing for a club that needs the money to do.

I wonder what punishment they would receive if they are unable to host the game.

I can only imagine that the company they should pay to collect the income have been left hanging too so have stopped their services.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Mar 2019 14:36

If Bolton folded before the end Of the season presumably the league rules are clear on what happens to the number of relegation places ? You would hope they are effectively placed 24th on zero points rather than just removed from the table and 21-23 relegated .
There are all sorts of implications if they do fold - teams playing them at home lose income, do players become free agents and able to get a new club immediately , if their record for the season is deleted what happens to red or yellow cards incurr3d in games against them which no longer officially happened ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Mar 2019 14:51

I very much doubt if they did fold, they'd still relegate 3 more. Would be the carrot crunchers + 1 more

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Mar 2019 15:13

They have been given until 1pm tomorrow to "provide adequate reassurances" that they can meet the requirements of their safety certificate - if not the game will be postponed.

If that happens, be interesting to see what the EFL does - would Millwall be given a walkover? Can't imagine so given the way the relegation fight is poised at the mo.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 Mar 2019 15:15

Stranded

It is an interesting one. because I assume if the game is cancelled it cant be rearranged so therefore they forfeit there season. but also does that mean all points gained upto this point are removed from the teams they have played or do they just give 3 points to each team they have not played. Who knows.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Mar 2019 15:38

linkenholtroyal
Stranded

It is an interesting one. because I assume if the game is cancelled it cant be rearranged so therefore they forfeit there season. but also does that mean all points gained upto this point are removed from the teams they have played or do they just give 3 points to each team they have not played. Who knows.

I think the precedent would be they would scrub off all their results through the season. Selfishly would benefit us a little as someone highlighted as in all honesty, the likes of Millwall would have a decent chance of 3 points against them. We'd only lose the 1 point.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Mar 2019 15:56

Stranded

They have been given until 1pm tomorrow to "provide adequate reassurances" that they can meet the requirements of their safety certificate - if not the game will be postponed.

If that happens, be interesting to see what the EFL does - would Millwall be given a walkover? Can't imagine so given the way the relegation fight is poised at the mo.

That seems to mean that the key to whether the game goes ahead is how they steward the stadium. The safety cert will specify how many trained stewards they must have to stage a game. If they employ all their own stewards they might be able to persuade enough to work unpaid. If (like we do) they mostly employ agency stewards then the agency won’t supply the stewards without payment up front (and if they owe for previous games they’ll probably w@nt that debt paying too). Not enough properly trained stewards and the game can’t happen. Similar issues would apply to external medical staff.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 05 Mar 2019 16:08

Nameless There are all sorts of implications if they do fold - teams playing them at home lose income, do players become free agents and able to get a new club immediately , if their record for the season is deleted what happens to red or yellow cards incurr3d in games against them which no longer officially happened ?

I'd be surprised if Bolton folded, esp with only 10/11 games left. Imagine the league would look at ways to help get them thru to the end of the season, to the mutual benefit of both.
But, clubs have folded mid-season before, and not that unusual this time of season for some clubs to be under threat of doing so.
As such, be surprised if league got caught entirely with their paints down. They will likely have been preparing for such an eventuality for years, with some clear rules and plans/contingencies already hashed out and agreed and in place.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Mar 2019 16:31

Denver Royal
Nameless There are all sorts of implications if they do fold - teams playing them at home lose income, do players become free agents and able to get a new club immediately , if their record for the season is deleted what happens to red or yellow cards incurr3d in games against them which no longer officially happened ?

I'd be surprised if Bolton folded, esp with only 10/11 games left. Imagine the league would look at ways to help get them thru to the end of the season, to the mutual benefit of both.
But, clubs have folded mid-season before, and not that unusual this time of season for some clubs to be under threat of doing so.
As such, be surprised if league got caught entirely with their paints down. They will likely have been preparing for such an eventuality for years, with some clear rules and plans/contingencies already hashed out and agreed and in place.

HMRC have a winding up order against the club to be heard on 20th March - depending on the outcome of that, there may not be anything the EFL can do.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Mar 2019 17:05

When was the last time a league club failed to fulfil their fixtures ?
Maidstone were the last club to fold but they hadn’t played any league games when they went bust.

540 posts