BFTG Villa

424 posts
10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Villa

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 15:19

2 world wars, 1 world cup What a great fighting display!

Ejaria was everywhere. And also nowhere. Weird one. But yeah seens an exciting player.

Harriot started out phenomenally good. Then ended up getting tired and shit.

Martinez. Wow. Sign him permanently please!

Overall brilliant but we just can't score.

Agreed with all this, especially the Ejaria bit :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 15:24

10539.4 Miles Away
Old Man Andrews The inability our supporters have to be objective is truly worrying. Because it happened to our player it instantly means the opposition player is guilty, nothing else is taken into consideration. He may have meant it he may not have, let nature take its course here. If the FA look at it and find Mings guilty then go nuts, abuse the guy all you like but he's currently guilty of nothing. There is a knee jerk reaction to how severe the injury is which is of course human nature but at some point logical thinking has to come into play.

Do me and the whole country a favour, do all you can to get out of jury service if any of you ever get selected. You'd be horrible at it.

Pull your head in. If you're not Kes you're doing a damn fine job of impersonating him. Try looking at some of the responses to the incident away from Villa and Reading fans and you'll see the consensus is predominantly that it was deliberate. Of course he could have avoided contact, if not then he shouldn't be a professional athlete.

And yes, he actually gets his right boot laces caught on Oliviera's boot. Does that explain the way his left leg moves? Like hell it does, it would have been more natural to hop on his left again. But I guess I'm blinkered and therefore not allowed this opinion.

+1. He could easily have avoided contact even if it meant having to lose balance in an attempt to do what it took to avoid contact with his face,

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:25

10539.4 Miles Away
Old Man Andrews The inability our supporters have to be objective is truly worrying. Because it happened to our player it instantly means the opposition player is guilty, nothing else is taken into consideration. He may have meant it he may not have, let nature take its course here. If the FA look at it and find Mings guilty then go nuts, abuse the guy all you like but he's currently guilty of nothing. There is a knee jerk reaction to how severe the injury is which is of course human nature but at some point logical thinking has to come into play.

Do me and the whole country a favour, do all you can to get out of jury service if any of you ever get selected. You'd be horrible at it.

Pull your head in. If you're not Kes you're doing a damn fine job of impersonating him. Try looking at some of the responses to the incident away from Villa and Reading fans and you'll see the consensus is predominantly that it was deliberate. Of course he could have avoided contact, if not then he shouldn't be a professional athlete.

And yes, he actually gets his right boot laces caught on Oliviera's boot. Does that explain the way his left leg moves? Like hell it does, it would have been more natural to hop on his left again. But I guess I'm blinkered and therefore not allowed this opinion.

People on Twitter think he did it on purpose = must be guilty. Nice argument, must be true then.

It's beyond you to be objective, not worth discussing it with you really. Such a thick and unintelligent way to live life.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:27

Zip
10539.4 Miles Away

+1. He could easily have avoided contact even if it meant having to lose balance in an attempt to do what it took to avoid contact with his face,

Yes he could have avoided contact if life was lived in slow motion. You're clouded by the injury and the footage being slowed down to walking pace but the FA won't be.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2019 15:30

That Cooper one was absolutely horrible. No doubt on that one at all - though it did little damage that was by sheer luck

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Feb 2019 15:31

Old Man Andrews
10539.4 Miles Away

People on Twitter think he did it on purpose = must be guilty. Nice argument, must be true then.

It's beyond you to be objective, not worth discussing it with you really. Such a thick and unintelligent way to live life.

The irony.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:33

leon
Old Man Andrews
10539.4 Miles Away

The irony.

Stop piping up Leon, you've said nothing to add to the debate so just say nothing. You can't counter anything I've said.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 15:34

Old Man Andrews
Zip
10539.4 Miles Away

Yes he could have avoided contact if life was lived in slow motion. You're clouded by the injury and the footage being slowed down to walking pace but the FA won't be.

I was the one who posted the slo mo for gods sake. Having watched it in real time the first time and watched it many more times while cropping and posting it. I decided slo mo was the clearest way to show it. I've also posted full speed https://m.imgur.com/a/C2Fpqmz One of the benefits of being on the other side of the world is I can instantly hit 'back 10 seconds' my immediate reaction was deliberate and I see absolutely nothing that will shows anything different.

*I really hope you are on a fishing trip here. In which case, we'll done. You got me.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 15:35

Old Man Andrews
Zip
10539.4 Miles Away

How do you know he’s clouded ?
You are assuming....
Prove it....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 15:37

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Zip

You are assuming....
Prove it....

Indeed. It hadn’t occurred to me this was a stamp yesterday. It was only when I saw the footage that I felt it deliberate.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 15:39

Old Man Andrews
10539.4 Miles Away

Twitter is a pretty good way to reach a wide audience to be fair. I believe he is guilty based on what I saw. The reason I brought others in is because said "The inability our supporters have to be objective is truly worrying."

And thanks for not answering the question about explaining the motion of Mings left leg and instead going for the insult. I had tried specifically there to open the discussion. You shut it down.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Feb 2019 15:41

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews

The irony.

Stop piping up Leon, you've said nothing to add to the debate so just say nothing. You can't counter anything I've said.

You’ve become a parody poster, OMA.

Serial disagreer and all round misery.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:44

Zip
Nameless
Old Man Andrews

You are assuming....
Prove it....

Indeed.

Well it's that or a lack of objectivity, only he knows. Same as the only person who truly knows if it was intentional is Tyrone Mings. He had said it was an accident so until someone can prove him to be lying that's all we can go on. Referee was fine with it so the only way he will face any punishment now is if the FA investigate. If they do it will be announced tomorrow. If he is subsequently found guilty then throw the book at him. Again someone is being put on trial by social media.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:44

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon
The irony.

You’ve become a parody poster, OMA.

Serial disagreer and all round misery.

No I'm just not labelling someone guilty of assault. Sorry you don't like that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2019 15:45

Looks every bit as bad in real speed

The more I watch it, the more deliberate it looks tbh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Feb 2019 15:47

Hound Looks every bit as bad in real speed

Because you're constantly being told it is deliberate the incident will continue to look worse to you the more you watch it. This is why jurors in high profile cases have to stay away from social media, news coverage etc.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Feb 2019 15:49

Yes it does.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2019 15:55

10539.4 Miles Away
2 world wars, 1 world cup What a great fighting display!

Ejaria was everywhere. And also nowhere. Weird one. But yeah seens an exciting player.

Harriot started out phenomenally good. Then ended up getting tired and shit.

Martinez. Wow. Sign him permanently please!

Overall brilliant but we just can't score.

Agreed with all this, especially the Ejaria bit :lol:

Haha yeah I couldn't work him out.

Forget to add Swift got tired and shit.

And Gomes bringing Richards on the left instead of Barrow. Quite possibly the weirdest sub decision I've seen. Barrow terrorises defences and would have been perfect. Wtf.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Feb 2019 15:56

Old Man Andrews
Zip
Nameless
You are assuming....
Prove it....

Indeed.

Well it's that or a lack of objectivity, only he knows. Same as the only person who truly knows if it was intentional is Tyrone Mings. He had said it was an accident so until someone can prove him to be lying that's all we can go on. Referee was fine with it so the only way he will face any punishment now is if the FA investigate. If they do it will be announced tomorrow. If he is subsequently found guilty then throw the book at him. Again someone is being put on trial by social media.

How do you know the ref was fine with it ? You are assuming....
You said earlier the ref couldn’t See the contact so an objective assessment would be the ref had no opinion either way.
The ref not actually seeing what happened is supported by the fact that he didn’t stop,play immediately. Had he seen a player having his face trodden on, even accidentally he would be obliged to stop play for the head injury to be treated.

As for the only 2 options being clouded judgement or lack of objectivity you may want to think carefully about there being one more, although that does involve you not being right.....

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Feb 2019 16:00

Old Man Andrews

Because you're constantly being told it is deliberate the incident will continue to look worse to you the more you watch it. This is why jurors in high profile cases have to stay away from social media, news coverage etc.

So exactly the same as you believing its accidental and it looking more accidental each time you view it right? Can you not just accept we all have different opinions and try not to be contrary by calling our opinion invalid as we are Reading fans.

424 posts