Blackett

Rinomhota
Baker
Swift

EJaria
Bod
McCleary/Harriott

Walker, Gunter, McCleary/Harriott, Meite, Barrow, Richards, Kelly

On paper we should beat them with that team.
Should being the key word

Really? why should you beat us? I doubt any of those would get in our side.

Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Shwffield Wednesday sponsored by Adrian Popa

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Feb 2019 12:42

Owlsonlineadmin
The Enfield Royal71
Hound Martinez

Yiadom
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Rinomhota
Baker
Swift

EJaria
Bod
McCleary/Harriott

Walker, Gunter, McCleary/Harriott, Meite, Barrow, Richards, Kelly

Love the way Wednesday supporters talk like they are this giant of world football who should be admired all around the land. They are a bang average, bog standard midtable Championship dross side who haven't achieved anything for about 30 years. Really shouldn't be chirping up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday sponsored by Adrian Popa

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 12:53

love the old 'none of those would get into our side argument' when the likelihood is he has seen each player play a max of about 3 times, and even then taken little notice of them

Be good to know exactly the basis of why Rinomhota or Miazga wouldn't get into the Weds side
Last edited by Hound on 08 Feb 2019 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Feb 2019 12:54

Old Man Andrews
Owlsonlineadmin
The Enfield Royal71

Love the way Wednesday supporters talk like they are this giant of world football who should be admired all around the land. They are a bang average, bog standard midtable Championship dross side who haven't achieved anything for about 30 years. Really shouldn't be chirping up.

Pretty much this.

I mean your best player in the last 30 years is Kevin Pressman. That's saying something :lol:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Feb 2019 13:44

Very unpredictable side Wednesday.
As with Villa having Grealish who runs games so Wednesday have Barry Bannen.
Hopefully he has an off day tomorrow and it will be helpful if Foristieri doesn't play.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2019 13:54

Victor Meldrew Very unpredictable side Wednesday.
As with Villa having Grealish who runs games so Wednesday have Barry Bannen.
Hopefully he has an off day tomorrow and it will be helpful if Foristieri doesn't play.

Pretty much this.

Bannan is a class player and FF has the ability to score from nothing.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Feb 2019 14:01

Old Man Andrews
Owlsonlineadmin
The Enfield Royal71

+ a billion. Spot on OMA. Agree with you 100% on this.

Owlsonlineadmin

by Owlsonlineadmin » 08 Feb 2019 14:14

Hound love the old 'none of those would get into our side argument' when the likelihood is he has seen each player play a max of about 3 times, and even then taken little notice of them

Be good to know exactly the basis of why Rinomhota or Miazga wouldn't get into the Weds side

You're right about Rinomhota and Miazga I haven't seen them so perhaps was a bit too quick to judge.

Swift I used to rate but he's gone off the boil, McCleary, was a fan of his during his Forest days but long gone.

Martinez and Baker both had loan spells here.

I'm not dismissing Reading anymore than the poster i replied to is dismissing Wednesday who are 13 or so points ahead of you.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 14:16

Owlsonlineadmin
Hound love the old 'none of those would get into our side argument' when the likelihood is he has seen each player play a max of about 3 times, and even then taken little notice of them

You're right about Rinomhota and Miazga I haven't seen them so perhaps was a bit too quick to judge.

Swift I used to rate but he's gone off the boil, McCleary, was a fan of his during his Forest days but long gone.

I'm not dismissing Reading anymore than the poster i replied to is dismissing Wednesday who are 13 or so points ahead of you.

nope fair enough. Though suspect Martinez and Baker are considerably different to when they were on loan with you. Swift's not quite on the boil, but better than he has been for 18 months.

Likewise no way we can say we should beat you 'on paper', agreed

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 08 Feb 2019 14:28

It's Steve Bruce's first home game in charge so there will be an increased air of optimism I would imagine. If we concede early that will lift the place further and I can see a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat.

If we can play as we have been for the last couple of weeks though and the defence is comfortable, we could slowly control the game and eek out an a narrow away win. I hope it's the latter scenario!

I am hoping Steve Bruce carries on Villa mode for a little while; I am not sure how much influence he will have managed to have implanted in the short time he has been in place.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Feb 2019 14:33

Wednesday should be giving home debuts to their three new signings but they will be without Josh Onomah and Gary Hooper through injury,

Reading will be without Oliveira and there are doubts over Ejaria and McCleary following bouts of sickness.

This game will be a struggle for Reading but then so is every game. Wednesday will be anxious to show what they're all about under Bruce and although realistically they have nothing to play for already this season they will not be any the easier to get points off.

Expectation for Reading in this one is not that high given what has gone before but there's no reason why it can't all "click" together at Hillsborough though and surely it has to "click" away from home before long.

Owlsonlineadmin

by Owlsonlineadmin » 08 Feb 2019 15:16

Hound
Owlsonlineadmin

nope fair enough. Though suspect Martinez and Baker are considerably different to when they were on loan with you. Swift's not quite on the boil, but better than he has been for 18 months.

Likewise no way we can say we should beat you 'on paper', agreed

Baker played twice IIRC, once was at your place and he looked awful.

Martinez I really rate, there's a solid Championship keeper there.

We should be fired up for Bruce's first game and we seemed to have tightened up at the back a little since his coaches came on board at the start of January, Forestieri is back so hopefully he will hit form again and we can get the points.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 15:19

Yep Baker's had a slowish start here. Been no better than OK.

Martinez to me looks a cracking keeper (on the evidence I've seen of one game, granted). Possibly the difference between staying up and going down.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 08 Feb 2019 16:04

So a Wednesday Fan , felt none of our starting line up would get into their team ?
Last season I suggested we had five top class Championship players (although nobody good enough for the Prem).
Yet we still finished in the danger zone , because those five never really hit anything like full throttle.
Moore: Once Wet Sham came calling, his form , caused no doubt by disappointment at not going; fell apart-prior to this he would probably have been close to Prem class.
Bacuna : Very inconsistent and always likely to hit brain fade.
Swift: At his best very very good; but could literally fall apart within a game, never mind game to game & too slow to ever be top class.
Alukho : Apart from one goal, an absolute disaster ;with his Fulham form right out of the window.
Barrow: Got close & probably his goals instrumental in keeping us up.

Belatedly McLeary came back as quality player number six , after hardly seeing him for a year.

At the start of this season, those six should have placed us Mid Table by now-but here we are still amongst the dead men.
Of the six only Bacuna has gone (Probably due to FFP, and quite what Cardiff thought they were getting @ Prem Level, totally escapes me-perhaps Colin thought he saw something).

Moore has continued much in the same vein; Swift has upped his game slightly-but comparisons with the " all court" game of say Colbeck,Bannon or Whelan is not flattering to Swift.

Alukho has at long last started to look interested (after Clement had given up on him); McLeary is hugely inconsistent and Barrow seems to have completely lost his edge & no longer looks dangerous.

THis season other quality players have materialised and showed that they are more than good enough for this level. Rino-thus far our POS-plus some excellent loan signings: Martinez/Miazga/Oliveira(the Summer signings were just short of disastrous).

Yet here we are still amongst the dead men ; despite an impressive team sheet; which half the Division must be envious of.
TBF only one team, West Brom has thrashed us. Yet we seem unable to turn those one goal differences into wins and draws.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 16:06

*Aluko
*McCleary

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 Feb 2019 16:33

Last edited by Denver Royal on 08 Feb 2019 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 Feb 2019 17:05

Westwood52 Yet here we are still amongst the dead men ; despite an impressive team sheet; which half the Division must be envious of.

We're currently among the dead men mainly because Gomes took over in late Dec with us in bottom 3, and because of last Summer's recruitment. Not too sure our team sheet is 'the envy of half the division' (especially prior to Jan).
Mr Optimist It's Steve Bruce's first home game in charge so there will be an increased air of optimism I would imagine. If we concede early that will lift the place further and I can see a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat.

Yeah,prolly not the best time to be playing them. Would have preferred they had kept the previous bloke longer. Didn't realize they had signed Onomah on loan (even tho he's out tomorrow). Bruce had him at Villa last season so he must like him. Bannan was allowed to run the show all day in Sep when they beat us at our place, hoping for different this time given our changes.

Owlsonlineadmin, what's been the general feeling among Owl's fans re. the appointment of Bruce? Happy, or did they want someone else?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2019 17:14

Hound *Aluko
*McCleary

Hero.

*swoon*

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2019 17:19

Westwood52
Yet here we are still amongst the dead men ; despite an impressive team sheet; which half the Division must be envious of.
TBF only one team, West Brom has thrashed us. Yet we seem unable to turn those one goal differences into wins and draws.

Yeah, Swansea was a really close game, we were only losing for 88 minutes in that one

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 08 Feb 2019 23:02

thanks

123 posts