MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (h) sponsored by Gunnarsson hitting the bar

197 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (h) sponsored by Gunnarsson hitting the bar

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 22:42

I thought Meite did well other than the 2 shocking finishes. Gave us an outlet which we didn’t have first half

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Feb 2019 22:46

Jagermesiter1871 Blackett, Kelly, Yiadom and Meite woeful.

Uhh Yiadom? I thought he played well. Got stuck in got up and down the wing well and bagged an assist.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Feb 2019 22:47

Hound I thought Meite did well other than the 2 shocking finishes. Gave us an outlet which we didn’t have first half

Much agreed. I like the cut of your jib.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Feb 2019 22:51

Hound I thought Meite did well other than the 2 shocking finishes. Gave us an outlet which we didn’t have first half

Poor misses but you are dead right.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Feb 2019 22:53

anyway.... what was all this about Aluko improving under Gomes?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Feb 2019 22:54

Royal Rother anyway.... what was all this about Aluko improving under Gomes?

Think he needs to come on as a sub ...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2019 22:58

Nights like tonight are why I bloody love football.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2019 23:05

Well that first half was as bad as anything I`ve seen in recent years, shocking doesn`t do it justice. Swift and Kelly should never be in the same team, it`s easy to pick scapegoats but the midfield were bloody appalling ,
Add Blackett and Richards to that, luckily the centre defence and Matinez played to their capacity and kept us in it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Feb 2019 23:37

NewCorkSeth

Uhh Yiadom? I thought he played well. Got stuck in got up and down the wing well and bagged an assist.

Where was he for their goal?!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Feb 2019 08:46

bcubed
NewCorkSeth

Marking the far post before the cross I think and then when 8t was crossed over he was watching the guy run straight at him with Meite trying to challenge.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Feb 2019 20:07

Sutekh Ball boy wasting time looking for the ball

Martinez gets a bit of a knock

Game management at last.

Actually, watching the highlights Martinez was genuinely hurt. You see him get up after the goalmouth scramble (a defender fell/stamped on his chest) and, whilst he takes up the set position, he holds his chest two or three times. The moment the danger was cleared he went down. Thank god that it doesn't appear to have been a serious injury. He is as key to our survival as Oliveira. How different things would have been if he hadn't made that great reaction save early on in the first half when their player just had him to beat.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Feb 2019 23:44

NewCorkSeth
bcubed
NewCorkSeth Uhh Yiadom? I thought he played well. Got stuck in got up and down the wing well and bagged an assist.

Marking the far post before the cross I think and then when 8t was crossed over he was watching the guy run straight at him with Meite trying to challenge.

Need to see it again but his lack of pace tracking back was startling

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Feb 2019 07:46

bcubed
NewCorkSeth

On the pitch.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2019 10:02

bcubed
NewCorkSeth
bcubed Where was he for their goal?!

I'm nearly certain he did no tracking back as he was between the player añd the goal before the cross was even delivered. I don't want to jump onto the "Meite was shite" wagon but it seemed to me Yiadom was instructed to mark the far post (which he was doing) and Meite was supposed to pick up the deep man.

Have a look on YouTube. I think if Yiadom is in any way at fault it is because of his tactical instructions not any decision he made.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Feb 2019 10:57

NewCorkSeth
bcubed
NewCorkSeth Marking the far post before the cross I think and then when 8t was crossed over he was watching the guy run straight at him with Meite trying to challenge.

I'm nearly certain he did no tracking back as he was between the player añd the goal before the cross was even delivered. I don't want to jump onto the "Meite was shite" wagon but it seemed to me Yiadom was instructed to mark the far post (which he was doing) and Meite was supposed to pick up the deep man.

Have a look on YouTube. I think if Yiadom is in any way at fault it is because of his tactical instructions not any decision he made.

Just watched it. The whole move from start to finish was probably due to 2 playing out of position, Richards and Meite.
The whole back 4 was very narrow due to Blackett, Baker, Swift and Ejaria being sucked into left midfield, leaving no one in the middle, Yaidom had to front up their n.23. Meite didn't read the move quick enough but he was being played out of position.

Blackett completely look disinterested into helping out also and their n.7 just breezed past him and blackett jogged into the box. To me this is the worst thing about the defending. Caught well out of position, and they're breaking at pace and he is nowhere near a player.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2019 11:11

Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth
bcubed

Just watched it. The whole move from start to finish was probably due to 2 playing out of position, Richards and Meite.
The whole back 4 was very narrow due to Blackett, Baker, Swift and Ejaria being sucked into left midfield, leaving no one in the middle, Yaidom had to front up their n.23. Meite didn't read the move quick enough but he was being played out of position.

Blackett completely look disinterested into helping out also and their n.7 just breezed past him and blackett jogged into the box. To me this is the worst thing about the defending. Caught well out of position, and they're breaking at pace and he is nowhere near a player.

I discussed with Ian before that I think that our full backs pull in too close when the opposition have the ball out on the wings but he (probably correctly) said that it was deliberate.

I think we lost the ball poorly and Meite was naive in think he didn't need to get back before the player he was marking. Hopefully the coaching team highlight how poor we were defending after an error.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2019 16:12

NewCorkSeth
Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth I'm nearly certain he did no tracking back as he was between the player añd the goal before the cross was even delivered. I don't want to jump onto the "Meite was shite" wagon but it seemed to me Yiadom was instructed to mark the far post (which he was doing) and Meite was supposed to pick up the deep man.

I discussed with Ian before that I think that our full backs pull in too close when the opposition have the ball out on the wings but he (probably correctly) said that it was deliberate.

I think we lost the ball poorly and Meite was naive in think he didn't need to get back before the player he was marking. Hopefully the coaching team highlight how poor we were defending after an error.

Meite was asleep at that critical point of the game. Maybe still dwelling on his misses? He clearly didn't realise the threat coming from behind him and, by the time he woke up and reacted , the goalscorer was clear of him.

197 posts