MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h) sponsored by all or nothing

187 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h) sponsored by all or nothing

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2019 17:37

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Well that was shit. Plenty of chances to win it. Shit negative sub from the manager and we concede the equaliser.

Harriott? Has to do better when he sneaks it off the keeper, too soft neither cross nor shot.

Baker should do better with his late header.

Oliveira scores that blocked effort most days. Also once he got away with upending their keeper he should have got something.

I never want to see O'Shea in midfield (or defence for that matter) again. Total passenger with the game just passing him by whilst he looked lost.

Two points dropped by Gomes there.

Thought it was Barrow who took it off the keeper. You keep getting black lads mixed up Ian.

Wasn't paying attention, more focused on the chance than player and Harriott started over on the right. Was guessing by position, hence the question mark.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2019 17:39

Hound All that shit about Rotherham having spirit - they had 2 shots on goal and were pretty desperate. We played with every bit as much spirit

The ref was appalling again. Gave them soft free kick after soft free kick. Awful.

Plugged away and got an away point though didn't they.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Feb 2019 17:39

Hound We played reasonably well but unfortunately were way too negative second half. On another day any of those 4 or 5 late chances go in

Not too disheartened - a loss would have been a killer. We played some nice stuff and should have won comfortably . Whoever said Swift was embarrassing should be embarrassed at his own comment.

Oliveira is clearly a class act but had a big off day.

We didn't play reasonably well. We had 2 shots on target up until they scored, and then had 3 in 10 minutes at the end. That is shocking, why did we not go for a second goal at 1-0 up. But no-one is allowed to criticize King Jose so I'll stay quiet

Swift ran the game in the first half and was everywhere. Second half he gave the ball away time and time again

People happy with this result clearly don't understand football very much. Rotherham are an absolutely abysmal side with 0 away wins all season. Ipswich beat them. It's a shocking performance and a shocking results and bringing O'Shea on to play in midfield was a ridiculous call

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Feb 2019 17:41

There seems to be a level of arrogance amongst some Reading fans. Shown by a few post match comments and the pockets of booing at full-time. We are 21st for a reason, we can't really expect to win any match really. A draw today isn't horrible but is highly disappointing considering how close we were to the win.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 23 Feb 2019 17:44

Rotherham tried hard, ran hard, but lacking quality. Our players think they are better than they are, Swift can’t tackle and is definitely not as good as he thinks he is. Moore is another, negative, poor touch and wish we’d sold him when we had the chance. Why do we persevere with getting into so much trouble from playing it out form the back, and we don’t play with any tempo whatsoever. If there was any doubt it would go down to the last day, there shouldn’t be now, we are so so poor and have no fight for the challenge in my view.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Feb 2019 17:45

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Well that was shit. Plenty of chances to win it. Shit negative sub from the manager and we concede the equaliser.

Harriott? Has to do better when he sneaks it off the keeper, too soft neither cross nor shot.

Baker should do better with his late header.

Oliveira scores that blocked effort most days. Also once he got away with upending their keeper he should have got something.

I never want to see O'Shea in midfield (or defence for that matter) again. Total passenger with the game just passing him by whilst he looked lost.

Two points dropped by Gomes there.

Thought it was Barrow who took it off the keeper. You keep getting black lads mixed up Ian.

Wasn't paying attention, more focused on the chance than player and Harriott started over on the right. Was guessing by position, hence the question mark.

Always an excuse eh?

I jest of course. Something I'm noticing more and more is how often our commentators get our black and mixed race players mixed up. Today it was when Baker made a clearance it was reported as Moore. Last time Ejaria won a defensive header and they said Blackett. I'm sure I've heard an Aluko/Barrow mix up too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2019 17:48

tidus_mi2 There seems to be a level of arrogance amongst some Reading fans. Shown by a few post match comments and the pockets of booing at full-time. We are 21st for a reason, we can't really expect to win any match really. A draw today isn't horrible but is highly disappointing considering how close we were to the win.

With respect to Rotherham, they're a tidy very good League One side who just can't really compete quality wise in the Championship when they inevitably get promoted up here every few seasons. They put up a fight, but they were absolutely there for the taking and many of our players shouldn't be out of place at this level, but they're just consistently underperforming and poor.

Better finishing and actually trying to play at least 80 minutes trying to win with no oxf*rd awful O'Shea sub and it should have been 3 points.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2019 17:50

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Thought it was Barrow who took it off the keeper. You keep getting black lads mixed up Ian.

Always an excuse eh?

I jest of course. Something I'm noticing more and more is how often our commentators get our black and mixed race players mixed up. Today it was when Baker made a clearance it was reported as Moore. Last time Ejaria won a defensive header and they said Blackett. I'm sure I've heard an Aluko/Barrow mix up too.

I'd like to institute an everyone has a very distinctive haircut rule. Regardless of race...

JR

by JR » 23 Feb 2019 17:52

Fair result - if anything the Millers the better side.

My biggest gripe of the day is two old guys on the way our wearing Reading shirts talking about Parky and asking was he a goalkeeper. I felt compelled to correct them and there was no contrition from them for their ignorance.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Feb 2019 17:52

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Wasn't paying attention, more focused on the chance than player and Harriott started over on the right. Was guessing by position, hence the question mark.

Always an excuse eh?

I'd like to institute an everyone has a very distinctive haircut rule. Regardless of race...

I would be ok with that. But equally I would like to see a team of players who all look rather similar and have the same haircut.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Feb 2019 17:56

yet another totally unacceptable result against a garbage team that deserved nothing and somehow got a point. Not getting the Jose love-in, we now have almost an entire new team and we still can't win.

JR

by JR » 23 Feb 2019 17:57

FiNeRaIn yet another totally unacceptable result against a garbage team that deserved nothing and somehow got a point. Not getting the Jose love-in, we now have almost an entire new team and we still can't win.

Why the assumption that anyone that turns up at the Mad Stad deserves nothing?

I thought Rotherham played well today for a team in the relegation zone

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2019 17:59

Snowflake Royal
Hound All that shit about Rotherham having spirit - they had 2 shots on goal and were pretty desperate. We played with every bit as much spirit

The ref was appalling again. Gave them soft free kick after soft free kick. Awful.

Plugged away and got an away point though didn't they.

Yep but they were very lucky not to concede at the end. Plugged away same as we did

Tbh thought they were pretty soft. The #5 was a very good player though - best on the pitch

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Feb 2019 17:59

JR
FiNeRaIn yet another totally unacceptable result against a garbage team that deserved nothing and somehow got a point. Not getting the Jose love-in, we now have almost an entire new team and we still can't win.

Why the assumption that anyone that turns up at the Mad Stad deserves nothing?

I thought Rotherham played well today for a team in the relegation zone

I also take issue with the "entire new team" comment. Simple math.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2019 18:03

tidus_mi2 There seems to be a level of arrogance amongst some Reading fans. Shown by a few post match comments and the pockets of booing at full-time. We are 21st for a reason, we can't really expect to win any match really. A draw today isn't horrible but is highly disappointing considering how close we were to the win.

This pretty much. Spent 2 years in a relegation fight, and have just sold about 10m of players to balance the books. Have a load of injuries

Yes, we should have won, should not have conceded when they put very little pressure on, and missed a stack of chances at the end

For me the main issue was the mentality in the 2nd half and we definitely went to protect the 1-0 far too early. Barrow or Harriott should have been in for Meite much earlier. Didn’t like the O Shea sub but could understand it

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Feb 2019 18:07

Royal_jimmy Can't wait until the summer when we can bin most of that squad
ad infinitum

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Feb 2019 18:09

Rotherham have had goals in them the last couple of months. They take their chances . We don't.
Really mystified by the subs, seemed to drop very deep and that was our downfall. I'd still rather have Gomes than Clement but Jesus Christ this team ware shocking. Whether we survive or not 70% of this team can f*ck off at the end of the season, never want to see them in a Reading shirt again.
I'm starting to wonder whether Gomes has the balls to make positive gambles when it matters and would rather defend slender leads when we really should be more positive.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Feb 2019 18:36

We lost that game because for some reason we completely stopped attacking in the second half. Was this tactics or just plain stupidity? If ever there was a 6 pointer it was today and we completely blew it. Morale must be rock bottom now and can't see us winning another game. Gomez is a nice bloke but I fear out of his depth.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Feb 2019 18:40

Bristol Paul Rotherham tried hard, ran hard, but lacking quality. Our players think they are better than they are, Swift can’t tackle and is definitely not as good as he thinks he is. Moore is another, negative, poor touch and wish we’d sold him when we had the chance. Why do we persevere with getting into so much trouble from playing it out form the back, and we don’t play with any tempo whatsoever. If there was any doubt it would go down to the last day, there shouldn’t be now, we are so so poor and have no fight for the challenge in my view.

Don't remember us getting into trouble from playing it out from the back today. I do remember us scoring a goal after playing it out from the back.

Honestly the negative here is completely baffling. Yes the sub was weird and the two dropped points are disappointing but we played really well. Every single player eho started can hold their head up high after that performance. Play like that every week and we'll be fine.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2019 18:46

My main concern is still the lack of chance creation

GMac played well but had so little of the ball. Meite didn’t do enough for me

We’re not getting the ball out fast enough to the wingers. When we do we create chances

187 posts